Siegfried General Discussion / Q&A

Dick's got a point. How do I deal with 1B?
make a read and step left, just guard, block it, and then try a quick poke as an interrupt and hope he doesnt 4B, or delay and either JG, step, or CH him out of a 4B on reaction if he does one. as for oki, he'll probably throw 1B out alot to attempt to lock it down, just make sure you get up and block it if it becomes a problem, though of course it does set you up for mixup, but there's not much you can do about that - he's either gonna hit you with 1B repeatedly, or wait for you to get up and mix you up. watch his meter too, because if he needs to he can always delay, and then throw in a 2KB BE if he has to, or if he doesnt want to waste meter, he can try grabs if you're getting up really fast in places where he would try to 1B you.

Hey, there is still some Siegfried buddies here !

For B6, it doesn't catch side step, but it does work against run (like 1B).

About the antiside moves, 3A is now one of my favorite. I like this move a lot, if I should make a Siegfried top 5, it will be for sure inside.
Why ? Because it's mid and antistep (even if it's not reliable 100%). In this game there is a lot of stupid strong TS/TC move. Against those ones 6A and agA won't work. 3K and 1K are not doing enough damage and can also be side steped (22K from Pyrrah for exemple).
Beside this it does decent damage, and give reliable techtrap option. This move is unsafe but not that much; Only -14, and -13 at mid range (so no 236B from any Pyrrah). But yes a good CE can punish it.
Btw if you don't buff iagA the speed is around i20~i21 since you need 3 or 4 frame to perform it.

About 44[A], or 4[A] or ag[A], I would recommend to never use them. MKHSpartan already said everything.
It is also possible to confirm the stance transition and to punish. But every stance transition are bad so... Except for 2[A+B], but since the nerf I don't use it anymore, since it is so hard to hit someone with this, even in the guard.

2B ? the TC is not bad, but it is slow, linear and does no damage.... The stance transition is pretty bad too. In the past I was trying to mix [B ]and 2[ B] with BBK but it was not really effective hahaha.

For 2A I have the feeling that it works better against side step at tip range.

After what I read i figured out that I should try to use more RCC B+K, I will test if I can do it with consistency. Usually I'm always going for 66A.

1B from mitsurugi ? This move is a joke : mid, fast, TC, track, hit on the ground, stupid recovery. Even if you manage to side step it, good luck to punish the whiff...

LOL... with the help of a wall last night, I actually won a match with a blocked 44(A) into SRSH B ~ 22BB.

Not sure what I would have done if 44(A) had actually connected, however.

i dunno about rugi 1B being entirely safe when stepped though panto - while you certainly cant punish it for anything decent in most cases (if you just happen to already be stepping when it whiffs, you can throw out 3B, but that's not likely to be often...), you can usually squeeze a kick in fast enough to score minimal damage, like 3K. if you needed anymore than that, you could try imposing a 50/50 grab mixup instead of outright whiff punishing the move.

and yeah the stance transition on 2B is garbage. i was only interested in the standard version.

im certain that if you somehow managed to get your opponent to drop their controller somehow, that you might just hit them with a 44A Kappa

Has anyone played around with combos/tech traps after SCH B? 66B and 2A+B (if the distance is correct) seem to catch a lot of sides.

2A+B depend of the character. 66B does work at far range, I use it quite often and it is not that hard to confirm the range. But it seems that it works better when you are first player (don't ask why).

This is just off a raw SCH B, correct? I'll generally 3B, mostly cause I haven't thought about 2A+B or 66B much. I don't think 66B combos.

Does 22BB catch rolls after SCH B or other stuff? I know I've done stuff like SCH K BE ~ agA ~ 22BB4, the first B hits, and now they're all pissed off and standing up and I'm in SCH with decent oki.

At max and tip range from SCH B, 66B can be combo and tech trap all sides. It works quite well.
22B works after 3A, but not all sides (but for this you can mix with 66B).

I usually just go for 1K after a successful SCH B (if I'm close enough). It then becomes a matter of what to do with your crouch depending on what you think they'll do.

I usually just go for 1K after a successful SCH B (if I'm close enough). It then becomes a matter of what to do with your crouch depending on what you think they'll do.

Why 1K and not 3B?

My concern is that 1K leaves you in crouch and WR B won't hit grounded. Then again, being in SCH isn't so great for oki mixups since everything out of it is high or mid.

Why 1K and not 3B?

My concern is that 1K leaves you in crouch and WR B won't hit grounded. Then again, being in SCH isn't so great for oki mixups since everything out of it is high or mid.
SCH B hits ground but all they'd have to do is roll to beat all your options and 3B on a grounded opponent usually pushes them out of range anyway. 1K leaves you within range to harass them with further FC Ks for more damage or hit them with WR B if they try to get up any other way besides standing guard.

Solo style, I suppose, would be to 3B them out, then run in to force a mixup between iWR B and flapjack while they're getting up, while relying on the threat of 66B or 66A+B to make sure they do indeed get up.

Solo style, I suppose, would be to 3B them out, then run in to force a mixup between iWR B and flapjack while they're getting up, while relying on the threat of 66B or 66A+B to make sure they do indeed get up.

Yeah, that's kind of more what I do - smack them with 3B, run up and mix up another 3B with throws. I don't much see a point in dropping to iWR B there - you lose 3 frames, and 3B will launch when in throw range. I've been doing WAY better with Siegfried after switching out most of my 3B's with iWR B's though. I think because of the tech crouch. The tech crouch on 3B is balls. The tech crouch on iWR B is fucked up. I've gone under both Mitsu's and (I think) Viola's BB using it LOL

Hahaha yea... I don't understand why 3Bs TC is horrible while wrBs TC is godlike lol, they are essentially the same move, just one starts from FC.

Back