Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because A+G without binds is EASY to do consistently.
I only use two buttons for mine, which is why I'm able to do the insanely fast i17 version instead of the stupid, slow ass i18 Just Frame version.
Fixed.

I fixed your fix. Also by that logic you should never have B+K binds, since it's the same exact thumb movement.

But its further from where ones thumb rests on a pad and rapidly pressing simultaneous buttons can lead to mistakes - when it comes to stance games, that is intolerable. =/

And I'll take it being 1 frame slower for consistent and higher SG damage. =P

lololol you guys are silly =P

1) its possible to get iagA consistently using standard controls, i can tell that much from personal experience. only downside is it burns a hole through your thumb.
2) why sacrafice a bind for A when you can just use a different bind? once you get good enough at it anyways, all that will come out isagA, iagA, or grab.
3) A+G is really easy to press without binds =P B+G on the other hand...

once again, here's my controller config - this can be used for pretty much, if not every character in the game:

(Cross/A) - G = standard block button
(square/X) - A = standard A button. combine with G to use the A throw. grapple break with thumb on G & A.
(circle/B) - K = standard K button.
(triangle/Y) - B = standard B button. grapple break with thumb on G, pointer finger on B.
(R1/RB) - B+G = B throw
(R2/RT) - A+K = versatile bind that can be used for a+kA series, iagA, hilde's charges. Combine it with R1/RB to do CF's.
(L1/LB) - B+K = stance button. also useful for things like yoshi a:B+K
(L2/LT) - A+B = used for iagA mainly. also used for safe stance outlets, retreats, and combos.

I fixed your fix. Also by that logic you should never have B+K binds, since it's the same exact thumb movement.
cant really screw up an A throw. but for B+K you gotta reach farther, and i'd rather make 100% sure i get every stance transition i wanna get at the exact time i need it. same with iagA

Yeah, well Doom has to do a 12 hour shift tomorrow and can't sleep >_<
(First day on my nursing course on shift - woohoo!!! ^_^)

Thanks again, Slayer and Jink for advice on practice with A.I. and online.
I see that to grow more effectively is I really need to get out an play offline, while its tough with a little one. It should get easier in a little bit as I plan on getting a license.

Also, thank you for your patience. I'm aware I can be a broken record asking the same questions, its sort of a learning curve thing... You should see how frustrated I make guitar teachers. Snobbish dudes red in the face. Good times. (and also why I'm self taught.)

how come siegfrieds AgA is harder to pull off than nightmares his doesn't even guard break. Im no noob i can pull it off it's just annoying if i fail and it makes me grab or some other crap...

how come siegfrieds AgA is harder to pull off than nightmares his doesn't even guard break. Im no noob i can pull it off it's just annoying if i fail and it makes me grab or some other crap...
wewll its because nightmare's agA can also be performed as aA+G, whereas siegs cannot. the GB is for visual appeal only. siegs iagA is slightly slower, but more positive on block.

For those of you that play claw style on pad and want to bust out the JF agA with alittle more ease, set the L1 to A and make sure to hit that last, its easy, and even though I can do the hard version I rather stick to doing it easy without risk.

solo- Jink could give you the specifics on agA alittle better than I could, I just know in all 3 games it gave him frame advantage and in 4 and 5 if you did the JF correctly you get frame advantage.

As for what was mentioned earlier with fighting the AI, I generally go against the AI first to if certain combos hit, practice combos under somewhat pressure, and mistakenly find new traps or setups that I keep in mind for the next human opponent =)

I like it but if you want to get better at the game nothing beats fighting someone of either equal skill or greater, try not to always practice vs those significantly worse than you unless you are trying to get them on to you level. You'll develop bad habits.

solo- Jink could give you the specifics on agA alittle better than I could, I just know in all 3 games it gave him frame advantage and in 4 and 5 if you did the JF correctly you get frame advantage.
Yeah, I've been working on it with A on RT (I use a fighting pad). It does agA way more but the JF seems completely random at times lol.

Do it faster.
My problem is when I try to do it the JF speed I end up pressing A & G at the same time. I just need to work on the timing.
Edit: It's either a grab, JF agA, or a normal agA. But most of the times a grab...

In which case, I really don't know what to suggest - practice mode I guess. Its weird, when you think of the move as simple as doing 3B, you forget how hard it is for some people. =/
My apologies if I come off as flippant...

In which case, I really don't know what to suggest - practice mode I guess. Its weird, when you think of the move as simple as doing 3B, you forget how hard it is for some people. =/
My apologies if I come off as flippant...
Don't worry about it, you've been nailing it for awhile so of course it's easy to you. I'll get it down sooner or later and if I don't at least the SCV version will be easier. lol

Lol if the window was 3 frames instead of one I'd be nailing it, I'm sometimes a frame or two too fast or slow. Thanks for the help though, all of your advice has improved my efficiency with agA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back