So Yea Im Doing Commentaries on SCV... PEEP THAT

XBLPunisher1564

[09] Warrior
:5::5::5: SCIV HD ROYAL FUCKING RUMBLE DETAILS:5::5::5:
RULES & DETAILS
DATE WILL BE THURSDAY JAN 18TH STARTING AT 5PM EST
( MAKE SURE YOU TRANSLATE EST TIME IF U DONT LIVE IN THIS ZONE )
TOTAL OF 24 - 36 PLAYERS
5 ROUND MATCHES WINNER ADVANCES LOSER GETS REMOVED
STAGE SELECTION IS DEFAULT GIVEN TO CHALLENGER NOT KING OF THE RING
TIME LIMIT STANDARD 60 SEC ROUND
BAD CONNECTIONS LOOPIE 4 BARS AND 3 BARS OR LESS WILL BE PUT ON HOLD UNTIL A BETER CONNECTION CAN BE FOUND
NO HILDE, ALGOL, YODA OR VAIDER
WE DONT HAVE THE ENERGY OR TIME TO CALL ONLINES BUT UR ON VIDEO SO BE SMART
INEXPERIENCED PLAYERS WILL PLAY EARLY AGAINST WELL MATCHED PLAYERS SO EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE TO LOOK GOOD
( NOT IN THE BUISNESS OF STOMPING NEWBS TO LOOK GOOD )
DATE OF RUMBLE I WILL INVITE PLAYERS TO MY PARTY 7 AT A TIME
PLAYERS WILL SIT IN PARTINY UNTIL THE INVITE IS GIVEN
ALL MATCHES WILL BE RECORDED IN HD QUALITY
BELOW YOU CAN SEE OUR CURRENT LIST OF ATTENDEES THEY WILL BE ORDERED SOON ( GATHERING MEMBERS TO RANK )
IF UR A COWARD WHAT ARE U DOING HERE? SURE THEIRS A COWARD THREAD SOMEWHERE ELS
ATTENDEES LIST​
UK players will play first due to timezone as well as connection issues winner of the UK braket will then advance to the top 11 until a solid connection can be established
1 Silent Soul ( UK )................11 IG Ifallen Creed.................21 Punisher1564​
2 Combo Rage ( UK )................12 Duck13...............................22 SwingsABigStick​
3 Meneer Penguin (UK)............13 VampishTomCat...............23 OcatmanO​
4 Caspian VII (UK)...................14 SinsofSalvation.................24 Kenpo08​
5 Ken The Frame (UK)..............15 Nethis93............................26 IIMAX​
6 AVJ 7000................................16 Mozeak..............................27 Genesis 329​
7 ExtremeDark Void..................17 Devan IV...........................28 A Rusty Lamb​
8 Aion Strife................................18 Lean X Triforcer...............29 Koompbala​
9 oQO Cloyd OQo......................19 Goofy Grazle....................30 I waldo I
10 The Wancho..........................20 Biohazard Blood..............31 AAO Tictical
...................................................................................................32 Bearadox
...................................................................................................33 Kurunai Sama
...................................................................................................34 Its Enkindu
...................................................................................................25 x Crazi Rippin* ( edit)​
Top 5 skill lvl is vary close the top 5 will be randomized for fairness
]:5:PAST COMMENTARY LINKS:5:
(most recent excluded)
:sc4roc1: The Scrub Mind state:sc2ber4: Open Mic SlayerX64R, BEARADOX & Caspain VII:sc1ast1: The Online Tatic Myth:sc1crv1:Siegfried-en Aint E-Z:sc1ivy1: Open Mic WONE, I ZERO 1 & Heavens Shad0w:sc1sig1: SCV Guest Characters Thoughts :sc2ass2:1st Caliber IV Commentary :sc5nm1:

Lower the volume of the game. It clashes too much with the volume of your voice.

So, this isn't a rip on you. I think you have plenty of potential as a commentator, and anyone doing work to expose the game to a wider audience is a good thing... that said, I have a question in my gut:

Why do commentary on online matches?

Hear me out here. You do commentary on an online match; and lets say that your channel becomes popular for having done this. People come to watch it, and it only perpetuates the idea that online is a legitimate test of skill and competition, which we all know it isn't. Even if the netcode in SC5 is very very good, SF4/BB comparable... it still isn't enough to be considered legitimate for competition.

-Idle

So, this isn't a rip on you. I think you have plenty of potential as a commentator, and anyone doing work to expose the game to a wider audience is a good thing... that said, I have a question in my gut:

Why do commentary on online matches?

Hear me out here. You do commentary on an online match; and lets say that your channel becomes popular for having done this. People come to watch it, and it only perpetuates the idea that online is a legitimate test of skill and competition, which we all know it isn't. Even if the netcode in SC5 is very very good, SF4/BB comparable... it still isn't enough to be considered legitimate for competition.

-Idle
Wow interesting... Ha was not expecting to have to channel my brain power offline too ..

To start I don't take any side on the discussion as to weather online is considered quote "legitimate test of skill" only because the word legitimate in anything with no standard is a matter of opinion. Offline is a better quality test of skill and is often required in pro face offs, however Online your lvl of skill is def a primary deciding factor second to your internet connection.

Overall my primary objective is to provide entertainment for the soul caliber community and share the spotlight with others in it who are often underated and never seen for all their skill with hopes that I can encourage other fighting game enthusiast to come over to SC and get stomped ha but seriously SC is one of those games that deserves over 1k online at all times :sc4cas1::sc4sig1::sc2lnk1::sc1min1::sc1nm1: <- these pictures are epic

I don't wish to debate with you the relative lack of merit in SC online, but take a visit to the online forum and you will find where most competitive players fall.

That said, I wish you luck with your endeavors. I can only hope you take up offline match videos or attend some tournaments and do some tournament commentary.

-Idle

I don't wish to debate with you the relative lack of merit in SC online, but take a visit to the online forum and you will find where most competitive players fall.

That said, I wish you luck with your endeavors. I can only hope you take up offline match videos or attend some tournaments and do some tournament commentary.

-Idle
Thanks note taken a tournament would be epic

Thanks note taken a tournament would be epic

You're from DC area? There should be tournaments not too far from you. MD/VA should have a matchfinder thread somewhere, and I know Delaware still has players, if anyone ever figures out where Delaware is lol. (running joke)

But yeah online is SUPER ass, it's not even fun to play. Maybe if they step it up in the next game it'll be different, I dunno. But with the netcode in SC4 being what it was, I couldn't even enjoy playing with friends, let alone trying to have anything resembling a competitive match.

EDIT: and yeah on topic, if you do make it out to a tournament, I don't think many people ever say no to a streaming setup. So you'd be more than welcome to help out with that, I'm sure.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh shit special VS? Yeah about that..............

I'd like to hear you do stream commentary, personally. Your commentary personality is pretty interesting. ^___^ I'd just say less lipsmacking -- when people do that on the mic, the sound amplifies, and it gets annoying

If you missed it in the vid he says he does special versus without any skills because he keeps getting kicked from standard.

I like your attitude. I like playing with laid back people, but I feel like your play style shows some misconceptions about the game. Nothing wrong with that since you got the game 3 month ago or whatever. I'll see if I can catch you on XBL at some point.

You're from DC area? There should be tournaments not too far from you. MD/VA should have a matchfinder thread somewhere, and I know Delaware still has players, if anyone ever figures out where Delaware is lol. (running joke)

But yeah online is SUPER ass, it's not even fun to play. Maybe if they step it up in the next game it'll be different, I dunno. But with the netcode in SC4 being what it was, I couldn't even enjoy playing with friends, let alone trying to have anything resembling a competitive match.

EDIT: and yeah on topic, if you do make it out to a tournament, I don't think many people ever say no to a streaming setup. So you'd be more than welcome to help out with that, I'm sure.

Word .... VA/MD Match finder thread Ima check for it at the same time if you can throw a link that would be perfect still getting used to searching 8way
:sc1sig1::sc1kil1::sc1yos1::sc4rap1: <- Gotta find a way to make these icons automatic on all my post .... swag

I'd like to hear you do stream commentary, personally. Your commentary personality is pretty interesting. ^___^ I'd just say less lipsmacking -- when people do that on the mic, the sound amplifies, and it gets annoying

Hey I was eating Scooby Snacks Seriously the lil gummies ..... you gotta savor all that FLAVOR
:sc1sig1::sc1kil1::sc1yos1::sc4rap1: <- Gotta find a way to make these icons automatic on all my post .... swag

If you missed it in the vid he says he does special versus without any skills because he keeps getting kicked from standard.

I like your attitude. I like playing with laid back people, but I feel like your play style shows some misconceptions about the game. Nothing wrong with that since you got the game 3 month ago or whatever. I'll see if I can catch you on XBL at some point.
Thanks yea BEARADOX sorry if I misspelled his name but yea he laid some pretty serious smacks on ya boy the whole time talking about frames - My Brain is still processing - but yea he def helped add perspective feel like Im working my way from the ground up again

but yea if u send me a msg Id have no problem matching up Thanks 4 the comp

Word .... VA/MD Match finder thread Ima check for it at the same time if you can throw a link that would be perfect still getting used to searching 8way

http://8wayrun.com/threads/md-va-wv-sure-is-dead-here.5317/page-63 last page of it, first post is from 2008 so a lot has changed since lol. I totally forgot that's where WINBACK was from, don't let his posts discourage you lol. He's harmless, and most of the people there are pretty nice. Delaware has a separate thread, I know their players like KPC and MT Fighter a little bit better, both really chill dudes. But for the most part, in the past North VA and Delaware were the two main hubs closest to you, with Central NJ being where most of the major tournaments took place. Never know when you might find local comp closer though.

To find more threads, go to forums > regional matchfinders > US atlantic. It's mostly pretty dead right now, but when SC5 drops there will be plenty of sessions and tournaments to attend. As long as you're able to get yourself around and willing to make a trip to where the action is at, we'd be happy to have you come out for some local events.

And yeah knowing ABOUT frames is pretty important, but it's not the barrier of entry to skilled play that some people think it is lol. You'll pick all that stuff up gradually as you go, most important thing is to just get offline experience and see how different people play when lag isn't making moves more powerful than they should be.

Ok so Iv updated My thread still working on the presentation any advice is welcome enjoy

also if you dont have a youtube account just watch this thread where I will be updating regularly with fresh material

I'm happy as hell your gonna be posting on 8wayrun Punisher, this community needs it!!! I've been following your stuff on youtube and I think its a breath of fresh air. Now while I understand why IdleMind would like to see you commentate on the offline aspect of the game I personally would like to see you stick to the online aspect, I agree that offline is the true test of skill but I dont have the time or the money to go to DC or Philly to play against great players (which would be awesome) or get my friends into this game and play offline at my house. I feel you relate to people like me who are really into this game and play online as much as we can after a crappy day of work. Thats my opinion anyway, I will be looking for your stuff when SCV comes out. Laterz....

Back