Sophitia and Cassandra

she'll be a similar age to her own nephew patroklos. What if those 2 start dating wouldn't that be something ?

It's not about the age but how she went out. Sophitia died a good death. She sacrificed herself for Pyrrha. Just keep her as an angel in the afterlife gawd. R.I.P
Cassandra coming back seems very likely. With the whole Astral Chaos thing, it's safe to assume she probably didn't age like 95% of the cast.
Pyrrha was kept alive yes, but the fact was Sophie didn't die anywhere near a good death, murdered by Tira, her last wishes to take her some place safe, and none of it was kept by Tira.
Ostracised by everyone, labled a curse, imprisoned, sold into slavery, isolated from humanity, forced to fight for her own survival. Pyrrha lived but a brief taste of happiness within that hell and it was ripped from her all the same. That's what Sophitia ended up dying for.

I agree with you on the Cassie thing tho

Pyrrha was kept alive yes, but the fact was Sophie didn't die anywhere near a good death, murdered by Tira, her last wishes to take her some place safe, and none of it was kept by Tira.
Ostracised by everyone, labled a curse, imprisoned, sold into slavery, isolated from humanity, forced to fight for her own survival. Pyrrha lived but a brief taste of happiness within that hell and it was ripped from her all the same. That's what Sophitia ended up dying for.

I agree with you on the Cassie thing tho
That's like saying a mother who sacrificed herself to keep her daughter alive, was totally meaningless cuz the kid is sick and is living in poverty or something. Life is full of hardships and Sophi knew that Pyrrha would have a hard time. BUT the main point is hope. That pyrrha would be reunited with her family and find love again. In the end, after a long dark tunnel of suffering, pyrrha now has her brother and she and him have destroyed the swords. Sophitia would be pretty happy in heaven with her hubby. Their kids are together (sorry that sounded weird) and they have done the right thing by destroying the swords. Sophitia's sacrifice was far from meaningless and it's a beautiful motherly sacrifice.

I can imagine Patroklos's reaction to seeing his young aunt lol

That's exactly why I wonder if Patroklos (and Pyrrah) will be there in the next episode , or if it's the case, there are some possibilities that Cassandra will be corrupted or something like that . I can't really imagine PS make such anachronism with age differences.

That's like saying a mother who sacrificed herself to keep her daughter alive, was totally meaningless cuz the kid is sick and is living in poverty or something. Life is full of hardships and Sophi knew that Pyrrha would have a hard time. BUT the main point is hope. That pyrrha would be reunited with her family and find love again. In the end, after a long dark tunnel of suffering, pyrrha now has her brother and she and him have destroyed the swords. Sophitia would be pretty happy in heaven with her hubby. Their kids are together (sorry that sounded weird) and they have done the right thing by destroying the swords. Sophitia's sacrifice was far from meaningless and it's a beautiful motherly sacrifice.

Except, for the most part, none of that happened. Pyrrha was made to believe her very existence was meaningless, nothing to hold on to for hope, scared of the world and only fighting to survive, not to live, not for her mother, but simply because of Tira instructing her to.
The reunion itself became a shambles and Pyrrha ended up being rejected even by her own flesh and blood and throughout that course ended up being murdered herself...I'm not sure that's what any mother wishes to die for.
Only reason why Pyrrha is alive today is because of Pat going back in time (in other words plot-device)

Except, for the most part, none of that happened. Pyrrha was made to believe her very existence was meaningless, nothing to hold on to for hope, scared of the world and only fighting to survive, not to live, not for her mother, but simply because of Tira instructing her to.
The reunion itself became a shambles and Pyrrha ended up being rejected even by her own flesh and blood and throughout that course ended up being murdered herself...I'm not sure that's what any mother wishes to die for.
Only reason why Pyrrha is alive today is because of Pat going back in time (in other words plot-device)
So Sophi should just let her daughter die?
She herself had to turn her back on her gods and leave her family, do what she knew was wrong and yet she continued to fight and then die for her daughter. It's noble. Pyrrha may have lived a miserable life but she was still a kind and purehearted woman despite what happened to her and she never gave up, even though she was lonely. Any mother would be sad but extremely proud. Pyrrha is a good girl and always kept going forward and that's a huge accomplishment.

(Soul Edge corrupting her doesn't really count. That sword turns anyone into a monster and even Kilik who underwent training has trouble controlling the evil inside him.)

Cannon ending is still Pat and Pyrrha destroying the swords and being together. All of Sophi's sacrifice and Pyrrha's hardships paid off.

I can imagine Patroklos's reaction to seeing his young aunt lol
xD I think Cassy's reaction to her nephew might be funnier. I think i remember reading in the artbook or something she liked to tease him and she was protective of pyrrha.

So Sophi should just let her daughter die?
She herself had to turn her back on her gods and leave her family, do what she knew was wrong and yet she continued to fight and then die for her daughter. It's noble. Pyrrha may have lived a miserable life but she was still a kind and purehearted woman despite what happened to her and she never gave up, even though she was lonely. Any mother would be sad but extremely proud. Pyrrha is a good girl and always kept going forward and that's a huge accomplishment.

(Soul Edge corrupting her doesn't really count. That sword turns anyone into a monster and even Kilik who underwent training has trouble controlling the evil inside him.)

Cannon ending is still Pat and Pyrrha destroying the swords and being together. All of Sophi's sacrifice and Pyrrha's hardships paid off.

I know what you're trying to say dude, believe me, I'll leave out the fact she was already murdered once, however leading a life where you consider yourself worthless and groomed to become nothing more than a puppet to simply further someone else's goals without even questioning it, is that not being dead in it's own sense? or at the very least being an empty shell?

It wasn't until later that the weight of Pats actions finally dawned on him, that he decided to set things right.

Last edited:
I know what you're trying to say dude, believe me, I'll leave out the fact she was already murdered once, however leading a life where you consider yourself worthless and groomed to become nothing more than a puppet to simply further someone else's goals without even questioning it, is that not being dead in it's own sense? or at the very least being an empty shell?

It wasn't until later that the weight of Pats actions finally dawned on him, that he decided to set things right.
(>;^.^) I'm a girl lol.
I guess our perspective is just different regarding this case. I think even though Pyrrha's life was filled with misfortune, she always kept hopeful by continuing on. She thought if finally worked out when she met her fiance but then got crushed. But she then kept going on and found her brother and was accepted in the end. She did admit that she was weak in just accepting Tira's words and not fighting against her but she's learned her lesson. In the next game, she's probably gonna be more confident, mature and perhaps more like her mother. ^__^

(>;^.^) I'm a girl lol.
I guess our perspective is just different regarding this case. I think even though Pyrrha's life was filled with misfortune, she always kept hopeful by continuing on. She thought if finally worked out when she met her fiance but then got crushed. But she then kept going on and found her brother and was accepted in the end. She did admit that she was weak in just accepting Tira's words and not fighting against her but she's learned her lesson. In the next game, she's probably gonna be more confident, mature and perhaps more like her mother. ^__^

aha my mistake XD
yh, it's great when 2 people can maturely debate two opposing facts without it turning in a flame argument XD

Yes I agree, they both learned their lessons in the end, and with all my heart I wish that last statement can be true, I would like to see a more confident Pyrrha, now that she's no longer alone, now that she's found happiness, now that she's finally found something to hold on to and fight for.

I still believe Sophitia is alive, if you look at Pyrrha's profile on the official website it states "and the location of Sophitia is unknown" and if you look at Patroklos' profile it says "Mother: Sophitia (killed by a malfested)" even though the "true" story is that she sacrificed herself to save Pyrrha... Therefore she is deceased according to Patroklos only! Also, if you look at Cassandra's profile it mentions nothing of Sophitia being deceased...

I think she's not dead and even if she is she'll probably be back in SC6 by being resurrected by the gods, thus being young again as well... Plus she's in Lost Swords, she is one of the most loved characters, huge hype when she was announced for Lost Swords and Hoshino loves her! Need anymore reason to bring her back?

As for Cassandra she's only in Astral Chaos she'll easily come back no problem!

I think SC6 will probably have Sophitia, Pyrrha, and Cassandra!! My girls <3

I still believe Sophitia is alive, if you look at Pyrrha's profile on the official website it states "and the location of Sophitia is unknown" and if you look at Patroklos' profile it says "Mother: Sophitia (killed by a malfested)" even though the "true" story is that she sacrificed herself to save Pyrrha... Therefore she is deceased according to Patroklos only! Also, if you look at Cassandra's profile it mentions nothing of Sophitia being deceased...

I think she's not dead and even if she is she'll probably be back in SC6 by being resurrected by the gods, thus being young again as well... Plus she's in Lost Swords, she is one of the most loved characters, huge hype when she was announced for Lost Swords and Hoshino loves her! Need anymore reason to bring her back?

As for Cassandra she's only in Astral Chaos she'll easily come back no problem!

I think SC6 will probably have Sophitia, Pyrrha, and Cassandra!! My girls <3

not sure if it's as simple as relying purely on bio's, Pyrrha knew next to nothing of her mother, Pat knew that a "malfested with a ring blade" killed his mother, Cassie probably doesn't even know of the tragic events that have befallen the Alexandra family, however it's worth mentioning that when Patroklos confronts Tira that even the announcer goes on to say in story mode "your sister's kidnapper, your mother's murderer, stands before you now" to confirm the worst news possible
If she does come back there's gotta be some plausible explanation as to how, using the Gods is all to easy and quite frankly isn't a viable one, look at Aeon, the very same gods have forsaken him. Of course I'm just gonna throw in the possibility of Pats convenient Re-do via Astral Chaos

I found this on "Soulcalibur Wiki" :

"In her wanderings inside the Astral Chaos, Cassandra ends up in a parallel world and is found by Edge Master. After meeting the player, she sets off a journey with him/her to find the fragments of Soul Edge.

Upon arriving at the Eurydice Shrine, Cassandra is relieved to find the Sophitia of this world alive and well, but wonders if she will ever see her true sister again.

(non canon)"

Source -> http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Cassandra (In "Unbreakable Soul" section)

not sure if it's as simple as relying purely on bio's, Pyrrha knew next to nothing of her mother, Pat knew that a "malfested with a ring blade" killed his mother, Cassie probably doesn't even know of the tragic events that have befallen the Alexandra family, however it's worth mentioning that when Patroklos confronts Tira that even the announcer goes on to say in story mode "your sister's kidnapper, your mother's murderer, stands before you now" to confirm the worst news possible
If she does come back there's gotta be some plausible explanation as to how, using the Gods is all to easy and quite frankly isn't a viable one, look at Aeon, the very same gods have forsaken him. Of course I'm just gonna throw in the possibility of Pats convenient Re-do via Astral Chaos
I see what you mean but I still think Sophitia will be in SC6, she is one of the most loved characters and one of the most wanted characters back (thus why she was brought back for Lost Swords). Also, Tira didn't Kill Sophitia, she just want's Patroklos to think she did so her plan would fit together.. The only reason the announcer says that is because we play as Pat and we're getting his point of view, the true story is that Sophitia sacrificed herself for Pyrrha by implanting the Soul Edge fragment from inside her body into Pyrrha's. That's why in SC5 Pyrrha turns malfested and stuff, it was Tira's plan all along...

Anyway like I said I have reason to believe she will return, just like you have reason to believe she wont, which I respect your view :)

I see what you mean but I still think Sophitia will be in SC6, she is one of the most loved characters and one of the most wanted characters back (thus why she was brought back for Lost Swords). Also, Tira didn't Kill Sophitia, she just want's Patroklos to think she did so her plan would fit together.. The only reason the announcer says that is because we play as Pat and we're getting his point of view, the true story is that Sophitia sacrificed herself for Pyrrha by implanting the Soul Edge fragment from inside her body into Pyrrha's. That's why in SC5 Pyrrha turns malfested and stuff, it was Tira's plan all along...

Anyway like I said I have reason to believe she will return, just like you have reason to believe she wont, which I respect your view :)
I know that Sophie is one of the most loves characters in SC, however that combined with her returning in a non-canon F2P game aswell as being a guest character in WO3 doesn't really mean anything.
ahh yes it seems you're right about Sophie ending her own life.
well at this point if we get Sophie back, it'll either be due to plot convenience or having Elly take her place, becoming Faux-phitia lolololol, if you think about it, it would make sense if that were to happen, it's about time Soul Calibur took a form of it's own, and who better than to imitate the image of Sophitia who is SC's holiest warrior

I actually forgot about WO3, that is set after the events of SC4 when Sophitia is returning home, I'm guessing when she's returning home that's when she sacrifices her life for Pyrrha but in the case she gets sucked into a different world, thus meaning if she did return in SC6 she would be young but also it would mean the events of SC5 didn't happen seems that Pyrrha wouldn't have Soul Edge inside her... Despite everyone's wishes I doubt the will make SC5 non canon, although the way PS have rewrote the bios points to SC5 being non canon but who really knows?

I'm thinking she'll return most probably for plot convenience, fan favorite, and Hoshino's favorite... But they could also use the WO3 excuse as well if they wanted but like I said that will make the events of SC5 non canon so...

"Faux-phitia" hahahahahha, now that would be something wouldn't it..

Also, when you think about it, Sophitia is more or less in SC5 anyway... I mean, Elysium has her model, and the same voice actress... And when Elysium mimics Pyrrha Omega she gets Sophitia attributes (like speed and strength) and also gets Sophitia moves (Painful Fate, instead of Omega's Nemesis Step - and others).

well aside from the obvious I don't see why they can't cook up some BS to let "under-40" Sophie make her dramatic return, hell they've done it with NM several times...however many times servants of the cursed sword manage to find each and every lost fragment every single time he blows up is beyond me, but then again NM is ageless and can find a new host if need be.

I reckon they'll try and replace Sophie with an immortalised Fauxphitia, keeping in mind just like Soul Edge needing an agent of his will Soul Calibur will need one also, or similarly as to how NM was able to animate a suit of armour, just reanimate Sophies Corpse and make the tragedy come full-circle on the Alexandra family.

yh she is more or less Sophie, but no matter how many times you can convince yourself...it isn't really her at the end of the day.

not sure if anyone has picked this up, but there is actually another Alexandra aside from Sophie and Cassie

Back