Sophitia General Discussion / Q&A

General advice on speeding my Angel Step up?

My advice is to work your TAS B frame traps (example: 11A TAS B vs opponent's 2A). It's the good way to get the i15 236236B

Problems with 236236?

I have been using Sophitia recently and one of her moves I cant seem to do perfectly is 236236,I mean sometimes it comes out but alot of the times it doesnt come out for me when I really need it.Does anyone else have this problem?what should i do ive been practicing for hours and days in training to try to get it right but i just cant do it good.
P.s I use analog because i cant do it at all on the pad.

Seriously posters, there is a Q&A thread for a reason. Please refrain from making new threads about simple questions and ask here instead.

Problems with 236236?

I have been using Sophitia recently and one of her moves I cant seem to do perfectly is 236236,I mean sometimes it comes out but alot of the times it doesnt come out for me when I really need it.Does anyone else have this problem?what should i do ive been practicing for hours and days in training to try to get it right but i just cant do it good.
P.s I use analog because i cant do it at all on the pad.

You're probably doing it too fast. Try slowing it down a tad.

Any advice against Amy? I must say I have a hard time against her as her relentless attacks are hard to interupt and when I backdash she has that launcher that covers quite a lot of ground. The most irritating are her mindgames, her quick lows that are hard to block on reaction and her quick auto gi move that lands more combos.

When i play Amy i just try to wait things out a lil bit. if the person is parry happy you can just wait and throw or AA, or BB depending on the parry and if you do happening to backdash be ready to throw out the A+B parry since its a mid. Also most of Amy's moves can be side stepped so watch what attacks they throw out a lot.

I only know the Amy from using Tira so Ramon or H20 would know more

I love using TAS B, because it cant be punished by any character. But I've known for a while, but actually have never seen it, but is it true Taki is the only person who can actually punish TAS B?

And if so with what and is it just a poke or big punishment damage?

Also would greatly appreciate a vid of Taki punishment vs Sophie TAS B. Thanks Booty.

A:6 is i10, really? I thought it was slower (I'd test myself but I don't have the game around at the moment). Taki can 2bA also, but thats not very worthwhile.

Just a thought, after the launchers such as 66K, 3B and 44B, doing 6K after it then TAS B, would it increase the chances of getting TAS B to hit? I tried on 66K and if the person does not tech, 6K can go on and on but TAS B hits if teched so I feel that 6K would deal extra damage plus getting a higher chance of TAS B to hit. Just a theory not so sure whether it works not matter which direction you tech

Just a thought, after the launchers such as 66K, 3B and 44B, doing 6K after it then TAS B, would it increase the chances of getting TAS B to hit? I tried on 66K and if the person does not tech, 6K can go on and on but TAS B hits if teched so I feel that 6K would deal extra damage plus getting a higher chance of TAS B to hit. Just a theory not so sure whether it works not matter which direction you tech

The damage scaling added when you hit 6K means that TAS B will add less damage, even if they don't air control. If the people you fight don't air control and you find that easier, then you can go with it. It's still better to just go straight to TAS B in general though, if you can do it.

Also starting 33K instead of 66K makes the juggle easier.

Coming back to an old topic, that of the Angel Step Cancel, apparently you dont need to press 2 and/or G at all. There is point part way through the move after the window in which you get the stance attacks where you're simply considered crouching and are free to input whatever you want. After that point if you dont cancel you'll get locked back into the stance's cool down until sophie's standing upright again. Twin Angel Step is the same way and the opening to make inputs is in roughly the same spot time-wise after the stance is initiated. This makes angel step cancel advances better in general since you dont lose the time to the 2G or give the opponent any visual cue that you're about to do something else before that something else begins, provided of course you can get the timing down on it.

/edit/ You seem to have this ability between frames 20-22 after Angel Step starts and from starting at 22 for TAS if you buffered it at full speed (I cant get a satisfactory reading for when the period ends for TAS though). Also, not that it matters much but it seems like you can input stance attacks into Angel step until about frame 13-14 after which the input will be buffered and read as a cancel.

Not that it really mattered since Sophie and the opponent get seperated by so much distance, but B+G2A_B is neutral (0) when broken.

no wonder, I often get tipped TASBs after my opponent breaks that grab thinking they're at advantage. Also the Angel Step cancel is very useful, I use it all the time to advance and use WR [A+B] or WR K. With 2G you really can use it like a crouch dash from VF. I want to try G236 under a mid and cancel into FC1B8BAK like in SC2.

Oh yeah I noticed that after hitting 236B or a 236236B where you miss the 4 and they get knocked down -- if they tech, it almost looks like you're at neutral frames with them, no oki whatsoever, and sometimes they wake and CH me.

TAS B if they tech away you are +3, if they tech forward or to the side you're plus 1

AS B if they tech away you're +14~15, if they tech toward or to the side you're +13.

Also if you like looking at stupid out comes in the game, record sophie doing AS B then buffer a 1A. Replay the command, eat the AS B tech back and do sophie's 6K immediately. It makes the 1A whiff (reasonable since she changes her low hitbox by lifting her leg), but it hits at what seems like triple the moves normal range beating the 1A out. Silly stuff.

236B guaranteed after blocked 22_88 GB

Well i found out that it is. Works with 236:B too of course.

The GB is crouchable and steppable but this makes it a bit less worthless ;)

236B guaranteed after blocked 22_88 GB

I'm moving this to the general discussion thread. For the record this has been brought up a number of times and is also foreshadowed by the frame data.

Ooops sorry i just looked if there were threads about that and found none. Although i should have thought that it's not new to you.

No problemo. It's good to see people from other parts of the forum show interest.

Back