Soul Calibur 5 Create a Soul Speculation

Which Create a Soul was the best in your opinion?

• Total voters
I hear a lot of people wishing for the return of alternate weapon styles like they had in SCIII. Let us not forget how unbalanced SCIII was. I don't mind if they add generic weapon styles for NPCs we encounter but with a January 31 launch date, let's not kid ourselves. Personally I dont want weapons that should have went into making real characters or giving similar weapons movesets that should have gone to the defaults. Atleast with the main cast being your weapon options, it forces you to learn the characters rather then rely on generic styles with silly moves.

Jennifer hale should voice over for anime dubs IMO but thats besides the point. Since she is capable of doing so many voices, why cant she do the Female voices in CAS?

i'm not sure if jennifer hale will have time, considering how many huge games she will be/is already working on -- especially me3 where she voices female shepard. i love her voice acting but it's unlikely she would do this even if they asked ._. but surely, seeing her possibilities and how every character sounds very natural when done by her, it's a shame... She could probably voice the entire female cast of SC5 and no one would notice it's the same person.

Wow this is a bit late, but reading through this thread I'm surprised some people would actually say that 50 slots is enough... I made around 20 costumes for Tira only, 8 for Talim, 5 for Seong Mi-Na, a few for Voldo, Hilde and some other characters and I ended up with about 10 slots for my original characters... Which was used up with 3 clones that had the best settings I could get for ToLS... 7 slots is not too much. I probably went too far with Tira but come on!! You have a hard drive in your console, it's not a memory card. You should be able to choose how much space you want to use for this.

I'm on the fence with the separate online thingy. As much as I understand that most created characters look like utter shit a move like that would limit freedom. Dunno, for example you enter a match and on the character selection screen you think "Aw man I'd really like to show off my new character but I can't now, I have to switch modes and wait for an opponent" etc. and what with custom costumes for existing characters? As most of you said no one would probably play on the "CaS online" because everyone is assuming that the stuff other people made will be crap so this kinda diminishes the whole point of the character creation -- it would probably end up as immensely difficult to get a match on that mode so less and less people would use it. I can think up more situations that would make me feel bitter and upset about a set-up like this than those that would make me feel comfortable. And what's the big deal with ugly creations anyway? You don't get eye cancer from looking at them, you actually want to kick their ass for being so ugly and thus you can win easier xP Some of the original characters already look like crap but you'll still have to fight against them, no?

This almost looks like you'd try to divide online to casual and serious players in the already casual mode that isn't ranked. Because no one plays ranked for fun in any game, and in fighting games these are swarming with spammers so playing there isn't what you'd exactly call "fun".
Also, there are a lot of players who prefer to play with a certain style but don't like the character using it (I can see lots and lots of custom Natsu's on the way and even Leixia's, because her voice is so goddamn annoying) so by doing that, they would either force people to play with characters they literally hate or force them to play with a selected group of people who are probably mostly unexperienced noobs. So I think this isn't fair at all.

You miss the main problem
Before the fact that people's CaS are average are horrible ("original characters already look like crap" still are better than 98% of peoples CaS) and that i buy a game made by professionist(some of them chara designer) and i will like play against theyr character instead "yours" ugly one, the thing is about gameplay
Editable size CaS will fuck up original balancement.
Some people reply "you can't know!" or "teh speed tweaker solve problems" and so on,wich explai a lot about their FG knowledge
Another gem is "they will patch CaS balance!" LOL,like if they give a shit about CaS balance, they will have to worry about serious things like understand what they can do to patch/fix/balance the true game
Not Ranked is better also for serious players. Ranked is usually about scrubs that pick ever theyr main and try desperately to win by spam something. Beat them is usually easy,but a poor experience that give nothing and dont deserve the time wasted for it. In not ranked if you find the right opponent both start experiment,try various characters and on general try to learn or test new stuff,if both have microphone you can even trade opinions and tricks. Is like boxing sparring, cross gloves with new skilled people is ever good to be more complete,and make you a better player for true matches (offline)

Plus is not about "force"
If you want play with me pick standard char (wich don't negate that you can use your edited version of it)
If you don't want select a standard char because zomg-you-hate-it... fine,no problem at all,i'm not going to be your opponent but somebody other will be more than happy to face your CaS, i'm sure
The paradox is that you seem to want more play with CaS against people that don't want CaS involved in theyr matches
Basically you want them/we all be forced (yet said,impossible,people can kick you out of the lobby anyway) to play against your CaS, because you don't want use a standard namco char

Lol,let's talk about who want force who

If you really are against the concept of force you should accept even more that people that buy the game like you may don't want play against CaS, and want play online the true game(or at least the online version of it), so all this bs about freedom should work also for them.
"Freedom end where somebody else freedom begin" right
So left me the freedom play in the way i want (specially if what "i want" is just the standard/legit version of the game), like i left you the absolute freedom to chose if you want play Soul Calibur or CaS Calibur

Pretend other peoples can't have a mode/option (disable CaS in theyr lobby) that they will like,because you want play specifically with them (because in your opinion the alternative will be "are probably mostly unexperienced noobs") but forcing them to accept your conditions (in this case "i MUST be able to use my CaS")... and then whining about "limit teh freedom" is some big ass hypocrisy and simple logic fail

I think they put a lot more thought into the hitboxes of CaS this time, but this is merely my thought and obviously has nothing to do with the final product.

I'm not whining, as I said I'm on the fence here but the thing is that this is a fighting game and you control only one character so everyone is inclined and should be allowed to play with the character they want to, be it a standard character or their created character -- and this is where the actual freedom should end, you can't tell other people what to do unless it's a tournament with a set of strict rules. As I said, hitbox issues aside (let's assume they won't appear in sc5 for the time being), someone's CaS character being ugly or stupid looking doesn't seem like a valid reason to include an entirely different mode of online gameplay to the game. Natsu looks stupid as hell to me but I would never consider kicking out or asking someone to not play her because she's ugly. Same with other characters - broken or overpowered. Sure, it ruins the fun to some extent but I don't have and should not have any power over the other player as to which character they want to play. I could ask them not to use the character but the decision is theirs only. The only thing I can do is quit playing with them.
If you meet an ugly CaS during online you're still allowed to quit the match and being not ranked there are no consequences for quitting so I don't see a major issue here that requires immediate support with a separate mode. Hitboxes - yes, major issue, goofy looking characters - not so much... Especially since Namco actually seems to support these kind of designs if you've seen the trailer and the additional screenshots for the Character Creation.

A CaS disabling option when you set up a room - yes by all means, sounds like a valid idea and would be probably used by some people that are afraid of eye cancer.

1- I think they put a lot more thought into the hitboxes of CaS this time, but this is merely my thought and obviously has nothing to do with the final product.

2- I'm not whining, as I said I'm on the fence here but the thing is that this is a fighting game and you control only one character so everyone is inclined and should be allowed to play with the character they want to, be it a standard character or their created character -- and this is where the actual freedom should end

3- If you meet an ugly CaS during online you're still allowed to quit the match and being not ranked there are no consequences for quitting so I don't see a major issue here that requires immediate support with a separate mode.

4- A CaS disabling option when you set up a room - yes by all means, sounds like a valid idea and would be probably used by some people that are afraid of eye cancer.

1- Common opinion. "i think they will" but still NOBODY reply HOW is possible,since me and other people(example Idle,wich is one of the members with more gp knowledge,and surely the one with most knowledge i've seen in this thread) explained plain and simple why technically you can't make a 2 meter CaS with short char without fall into A tweaked range or B ghost collision.
People just try so hard to deny most easy explanation: Namco don't care about uber serious balance about CaS, since uber serious players/competitions don't care about CaS

2- Lol,big ass perspective intepretation of it. Freedom is also about left a player the choice of play (in HIS Lobby) online Soul Calibur and not CaS Calibur if he like so

3- Aside that's is not just about ugly,as yet stated,exactly: i can kick his ass out of the lobby anyway.
So,WHY waste both time? He search a lobby, i search an opponent, we arrive to select,we select and only here i kick him out? Waste of time for me and him. I made lobby with CaS disabled,he put on search "CaS allowed",we don't even meet,both find directly our ideal opponent and nobody waste time. I find easy to understand the most logic solution

4- ...and is exactly about this we are talking about, nobody ever talked about ban CaS from online.
If whiners have read it in that way it's only theyr reading comprehension fault (that to be honest don't surprize me :D)

For some reason your posts have a quite unpleasant undertone... I don't know if it's intentional since your English isn't the best.... Which makes me quite sad, I actually thought you were a pretty cool person on this board.
A CaS disabling option when you set up a room - yes by all means, sounds like a valid idea and would be probably used by some people that are afraid of eye cancer.

4- ...and is exactly about this we are talking about, nobody ever talked about ban CaS from online.
If whiners have read it in that way it's only theyr reading comprehension fault

I myself only will play as a CaS when the opponent does (as I know mine are bad) but a separate mode for CaS is really needed.

And PLEASE, don't put real characters and CaS crap in the same online mode.

I do have to say though having a separate online mode for regular cast and create-a-souls is actually a very good idea.

What did I not understand here? The discussion was about a separate mode and not a lobby option which would be the best resolution for your problem.

Implying that I'm a whiner and I can't comprehend what I read simply because I don't agree with your idea is a little...

Lol a did'nt even read theyr post :D
"Nessuno dice" ("nobody say") for us don't necessary mean talk for all, is strange to explain, but basically get used also just speaking for ourself,sound like "never said that" basically a way to say that something is very far from what we mean

Also notice important detail that on that part i've not talked as you whiners but "they"
YOU quickly arrived at the simple logic conclusion "A CaS disabling option when you set up a room - yes by all means, sounds like a valid idea" many others just not,and whined random nonsense against it
All is about a pages and pages boring death of intellingence where me,Gabe and Idle (and about them i'm sure they never talked about ban or split modes) try to put some logic about it (option for lobby), where the whiners chorus was all about
"host have yet too much power!"(lol)
"you want kill my creativity freedom"
"zomg you CaS hater,you hate namco"
"my characters are so awesome they have a fanfiction story"
"speed tweak will create balancement,problem solved"

and risking to sound arrogant, about theyr reading comprehension i've not so high hopes :D

i know i'm nitpicking but the "zomg i love my character so much they have a fanfiction." makes me scratch my head. i wasn't sure if this was pointed at just some people or if you aimed this at everyone that uses CaS characters. i know some people make characters and then put some SC related story to them but what happens if it's the opposite. like the star wars characters. a person has characters they made years ago and want to put them in the game so as to see their characters in action. i personally made a characters named keytara back in middle school. i put her in SC4 and now people think she's Katara from avatar: the last airbender because she has caramel skin. but that aside i like playing as this specific character because no one in the game has any look like her. no one in the game has caramel colored skin. and you can't change the skin tone of the original characters. of course people like their characters. it's their work. like how an artist likes their own paintings or sculptures(normally).

all i got to say now is that if Namco truly fixes up the hitbox thing then someone will have a lot of apologizing to do.

all i got to say now is that if Namco truly fixes up the hitbox thing then someone will have a lot of apologizing to do.

There's nothing to fix

You fix an error
Height editable is'nt an error,is just a thing that boost creativity of CaS
CaS is supposed to be creative more than else
Height editable give obvious(appearently not for all,but still obvious) balance problems, but is'nt an error since CaS focus is'nt about balancement

Back