Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a poll of your opinions isn't them showing you they care. It's just taking a poll. Companies do random polls all the time. It can, at times, influence their decision making process, but ultimately it's the developers who decide what the final roster is going to be. Thinking a Facebook poll is going to guarantee your favorite a spot in the roster is just going to get you disappointed. Besides, Talim wasn't a "fan favorite" until they took her out the game. Same thing that happened with Li Long and Hwang.

Just saying, no one really cared about li long since maxi was an excellent replacement. Ppl did care about hwang cuz gun seong was obnoxious and overall a poor copy of him. Though wasn't hwang actually similar to xianghua?

If the top 10 of that poll doesn't make it, many fans won't really trust anything that asks for our opinions again. It's always the developer who has the final say but it makes sense that if they want the most buyers and contented fans, they will cater to what's wanted and popular. Like how I don't care for CaS but many do and so it's been a feature that's gotten tons of work. Cuz ppl like dress up. Most I'll ever do is just color change clothes but I am happy those who like the feature gets a lot of content for it.

Just saying, no one really cared about li long since maxi was an excellent replacement.
Muh Li Long </3

Ppl did care about hwang cuz gun seong was obnoxious and overall a poor copy of him. Though wasn't hwang actually similar to xianghua?
Hwang was almost identical to Mitsurugi in Soul Edge, lol. Idk if i should call him a clone of Mitsu since they both started in the same game.
I don't remember him much from SC1 since i rarely ever played it.
He was one of the most fun styles to use in SCII, as :sc2ass2::sc2ass3:. I don't remember him being that similar to Xianghua tho. They might share a move or two, but iirc it wasn't anything major. I can be wrong tho since my memory is kinda hazy.
He had his similarities with Yun Seong, but he has always been more enjoyable & interesting than him imo.
bbhwang.png

#BringBackHwang.

Also, I'd like to point out the 10k votes may not seem like much, but it's enough to get a general idea of who the favorite characters of the community are. They said to "vote for the future of Soulcalibur", "Project Soul needs to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community", and "with your help we can make the future bright and hopeful". It's obvious that it's for future games. Numerous surveys are held like this and get this amount of answers (often less) to determine the general idea of things.

Just saying, no one really cared about li long since maxi was an excellent replacement. Ppl did care about hwang cuz gun seong was obnoxious and overall a poor copy of him. Though wasn't hwang actually similar to xianghua?
Hwang and Li Long were a lot of fun to play in SC3. And after SC3AE, they were not clones anymore.
I don't think we will see Li Long in SC6. Hwang, however, is much more popular and have more chances to make it to the roster for the next game.

Li Long's dual nunchuck style in SC3AE was seriously awesome. They should bring him back or if not, give the dual style to Maxi. Hwang really needs to make a comeback too. After ten years, it's about time. No more taking a back seat to Yunsung.

Just saying, no one really cared about li long since maxi was an excellent replacement.
No one according to whom, you and your friends, or the surveys of the player base you took back when Maxi replaced Li Long in SC? If it seems like no one cared it's because most people didn't have internet back then to bitch about it online constantly. Companies used to rely on customers sending in the survey cards included with a lot games to gather information about what people did and didn't like. Also, most people got into the series when SC2 came out, so they wouldn't have had any knowledge of who was replacing who from the previous games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back