Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear opinions on this video...

What do agree or disagree with?
Could only make it through 7 minutes of cringing.

Obvious choice is to bring everyone back because that was a stupid and poorly executed decision in the first place.

The people talking don't know that SCV had time constraints and is 1/4th complete and that SC is Namco's red headed stepchild compared to the first born male heir, Tekken. That's the reason for no casual modes, not laziness. Also, I don't see how 'supers' are being abused. Everyone has them, even if some are a little better. And on the part where offense is rewarded, well, it is but there are still defensive things you can do, like GI and JG.

Not gonna comment on Cervantes' pistol being too OP.

Basically, to have people buy a SCVI you need old characters, arcade endings/better story/Tales of Souls, and casual modes. I'm pretty sure everyone, especially casuals, would be extremely hyped to hear people like Taki and Sophie are coming back.

I agree with this, yes. I always thought the characters were hella stale.

Especially not helped by how much better SCV looked. I'm still hoping for a remastered SCV with everything missing added if they intend to retcon things at least.

A really interesting idea would be for Project Soul to introduce a new cast. Maybe SC doesnt need a revamp with only the original cast or a SC5 complete edition but instead some fresh faces. New storylines, new weapons and new angle on the Soul Calibur saga.

We need characters that arent related at all to the existing characters. The excitement usually comes from new experiences. Tekken and Street Fighter remain as kings of fighting games because they give us variety and new content. SC5 roster was disappointing, even Elysium, Leixia and Xiba ("new characters").

Give us a brand new cast and have the characters missing in SC5 have cameo parts in which they can be eventually unlocked as regular roster characters. A few of the real OGs can remain I suppose (Mitsu, Sieg, NM or whoever). And then package other SC5 characters as DLC.

A really interesting idea would be for Project Soul to introduce a new cast. Maybe SC doesnt need a revamp with only the original cast or a SC5 complete edition but instead some fresh faces. New storylines, new weapons and new angle on the Soul Calibur saga.

We need characters that arent related at all to the existing characters. The excitement usually comes from new experiences. Tekken and Street Fighter remain as kings of fighting games because they give us variety and new content. SC5 roster was disappointing, even Elysium, Leixia and Xiba ("new characters").

Give us a brand new cast and have the characters missing in SC5 have cameo parts in which they can be eventually unlocked as regular roster characters. A few of the real OGs can remain I suppose (Mitsu, Sieg, NM or whoever). And then package other SC5 characters as DLC.

I'm all in for Talim, Yun, Mi-Na and Zas returning. If they don't, then PS should at least give them a replacement and not just leave their style out completely like they did with SCV. How do you guys feel about the gameplay mechanics for SCVI? Do you think they should keep SCV's formula or do something entirely new? I'm personally up for either decision.

I wrote a 10 page document on what I would like in SC6 out of boredom. The roster I had in it had 30 characters, no mimics, only 3 characters sharing weapons, no shared fighting styles, every sc5 character except Patrokolos, alpha and omega and only 11 characters from any of the games prior to SC5, 2 of them were Shura and a heavily modified Necrid.

Point is my roster is very different to what you lot would likely pick but I'm all for having a clean slate ala SF3 and wiping out most of the old cast.

Double checked, three more of the new characters are actually bonus characters from SC3 made into full characters, so only a few of my theoretical cast is brand new, I'll have to fix that

Like I said, the characters I would remove and bring back are completely different to everyone else's, my choices are examples, for the record if Necrid was brought back I think he would make a great brawler type character since project soul keeps insisting on having them.
The idea I had for the roster came from me play third strike, hence why I brought it up, remembering how much I and many others liked. The roster in that came only ever had 4 characters from previous games, the developers had been told to start fresh and make new ones, many of them serving as very distant replacements for removed fighting styles but often times improved replacements. My thinking is that if we made project soul start from scratch, no just taking old styles and giving them to new characters, it would force them to innovate and make new better characters and if it was done competently likely much more balanced characters.
Also I singled out Patrokolos as the SC5 character I'd get rid of because I feel that Pyrrha is the better of the two in fighting style and character wise I find Patrokolos to be an unlikeable Gary Stu asshole

if they did decide to cull the roster and only keep max nine characters from pre SCV games, who would you want kept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back