Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not "yanking it out of my ass". It's very easy to see, it's a simple comparison of numbers. Count how many people you seem in tournaments and on forums etc., then compare them the amount of people in total who buy each game. Why don't you do the same?
Are You counting only the big official tournaments in the USA and most prominent players from 8wr?
There are other countries and other forums, and many 'tournaments' that are local or only among a certain group of people. What about people who dont go to tournaments but have the competitive spirit in that they enjoy a balanced system of a fighting game?
There are too many variables to simply 'count' the attendance on NEC or EVO and count some top 8wr members and say 'less than 1%'

Reactions: CFW
What the hell are you saying? Ninjaguy A COMPETITIVE PLAYER, READ THIS WITH ME, COMPETITIVE PLAYER said that it would be best to keep the entire cast. Most competitive players, don't really give two shits if the entire roster is there. I, A COMPETITIVE PLAYER PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THIS, offered my opinion which is NOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK THEY ALL SAY. Seriously learn to read and offer an actual rebuttal.
Wow, seriously? Maybe I'm just saying that because it seems like 90% of the competitive players I've come across on forums like GameFAQs use the "clone" argument. Simply speaking from experience. Then again, those people wanted Daishi to be given full control of SCVI so they obviously can't get everything they want.

Are You counting only the big official tournaments in the USA and most prominent players from 8wr?
There are other countries and other forums, and many 'tournaments' that are local or only among a certain group of people. What about people who dont go to tournaments but have the competitive spirit in that they enjoy a balanced system of a fighting game?
There are too many variables to simply 'count' the attendance on NEC or EVO and count some top 8wr members and say 'less than 1%'
That would still probably make up about 2000 tops as an educated guess. Still barely a percentage of the total amount of buyers.

I'm starting to get tired of having these arguments. They're clearing going nowhere and it's derailing the topic. This is supposed to be about discussing SCVI, our wants and ideas, not about having arguments over different views about the entire series.

That would still probably make up about 2000 tops as an educated guess. Still barely a percentage of the total amount of buyers.
Theres nothing educated about that guess - I agree, discussing this further is a waste of my time

Reactions: CFW
Hmmm another mini argument.

People tend to feel a certain way when assumptions are made. From now on cant we just speak for OURSELVES.

This whole discussion can be very opinionated. No one represents the competitive community or the casual community even if we belong to one or another we all have our own separate opinions.

On topic, how big do you guys think the roster should be?

I dont want a huge roster but it can be done in a balanced way. USSF4 had a diverse showing at EVO a few months ago.

People tend to feel a certain way when assumptions are made. From now on cant we just speak for OURSELVES.

This whole discussion can be very opinionated. No one represents the competitive community or the casual community even if we belong to one or another we all have our own separate opinions.

I dont want a huge roster but it can be done in a balanced way. USSF4 had a diverse showing at EVO a few months ago.

I would want the roster be filled with new and old characters. Even if they use similar weapon styles, I think they can differentiate them enough so that they feel unique from each other.

I would also introduce more CaS exclusive styles, but also tie them to bonus characters to save tourney organizers the trouble of having to make characters.

I would want the roster be filled with new and old characters. Even if they use similar weapon styles, I think they can differentiate them enough so that they feel unique from each other.

I would also introduce more CaS exclusive styles, but also tie them to bonus characters to save tourney organizers the trouble of having to make characters.

They should just create a full fledged character if time is not an issue. If not then attach it to some bonus character.

Around 35 characters including new styles and guest characters.

I'm starting to get tired of having these arguments. They're clearing going nowhere and it's derailing the topic. This is supposed to be about discussing SCVI, our wants and ideas, not about having arguments over different views about the entire series.
If you're tired, then maybe u should reconsider making baseless statements. You should expect people to question you when you make sweeping and generalizing statements.

I have a feeling (and worry) that the higher-ups will see SC5 as a non-success and erroneously blame that due to the competitive focus of the game. Worse case scenario, as they may overhaul the game to overreact to SC5's sales (which were still better than TTT2) SC6's gameplay may become for diluted/simplified, or god-forbid, element/gear based.

That's not going to please competitive players. They would bitch about having "clones". Getting really sick of people acting like competitive players are the only ones who matter when they don't even make up 1% of the people who buy these games.
I don't know where you got that last statement from. My post that you quoted said it would please both competitive players and casuals alike. I didn't single out competitive players, and either way, the idea I gave would clearly make casuals very happy. And on the bitching note, most competitive players I know would be glad to have some of their SC4 mains back (except SC4 Hilde *shudders*).

LOL GameFAQS. GF is a casual website, not competitive.

Like I've said, it'd be nice to keep everyone (as long as they're balanced). I counted, and it'd be 35 including the mimics (Elysium and Kilik should get their own style).

I can see things easily veering off course here, so I'd like to remind you all that this isn't a discussion between what makes a competitive player and what makes a casual one, nor is it the place to discuss whether or not SCV was a failure.

By all means, utilise aspects of SCV in your arguments if they're relevant, but stay on topic, thank you.

30 characters with a large amount of (new) moves and attacks , that's will be fine for me ! (Olds and Newcomers)
And yeah .. no more mimics ..

Ive pulled the numbers and:

Soulcalibur had 20 characters
Soulcalibur 2 had 25
Soulcalibur 3 had 44
Soulcalibur 4 had 29
Soulcalibur 5 had 28

In order for all loose ends to be tied up story wise the cast of SC4 should return minus starwars characters.
So thats 26 characters then edge master, pat, pyrrha o, elysium with a unique style, leixia, xiba and natsu should return.

Which makes 33.
New characters need to be in the game so i say 5 brand new styles and 2 guest characters.

Which makes 40. The more i think about it, a big USSF4 size roster could be pretty cool with time for appropriate balancing.

Ninjaguy clearly wants all characters in, regardless if they're clones.
Including that injustice A. Pat. I want Setsuka back. If A. Pat is in, I'll make sure that A. Pat will the worst whiffing problems & damage output period.

Including that injustice A. Pat. I want Setsuka back. If A. Pat is in, I'll make sure that A. Pat will the worst whiffing problems & damage output period.
Alpha and Omega... I'd prefer Setsuka back with only one Patroklos (sword and shield). Not sure how I would go about Kawaii Pyrrha vs. Moe Pyrrha vs. Milf Sophitia.

I feel like in order for it all to make sense, and if we go off of sophitias bio. Shes now protecting soul edge bcuz pyrrha needs it to survive. In SC6 only pyrrha omega returns and shes full fledged possessed which would grant her altered and additional moves thus making her different enough to be in with Soph.

As for Alpha pat, we just have to hope they revert him back to regular pat and have setsuka return. Thank god theres no updated bio for alpha which makes him feel less of a real character.

I feel like in order for it all to make sense, and if we go off of sophitias bio. Shes now protecting soul edge bcuz pyrrha needs it to survive. In SC6 only pyrrha omega returns and shes full fledged possessed which would grant her altered and additional moves thus making her different enough to be in with Soph.

As for Alpha pat, we just have to hope they revert him back to regular pat and have setsuka return. Thank god theres no updated bio for alpha which makes him feel less of a real character.
Pyrrha's already with Sophitia in Lost Swords and has a modified moveset. I don't see why Oprah should take over completely.

I would like Patroklos to be possessed by Elysium and become its version of Nightmare. He fights using his regular style.

"(Shifting the) Burden of Proof" Fallacy: I need not prove my claim true, you must prove it false.

I'm not siding with anyone regarding what content should, or shouldn't be included into SC6, or who matters more, or who represents the community more, or whatever (casual vs. competitive). But Nyte, from an argumentative stance, in order to make a valid point or a valid claim (logically), you have to have either proof, or logic to back it up.

I.E. "they don't even make up 1% of people who buy these games"

In order to accurately prove this statement, you would need to know

A. How many individual people purchased the game.

B1. What is considered casual, and what is considered competitive.

B2. How many competitive people there are.

C. Simple division.

Problems arise when trying to prove this claim when you consider that many people have purchased the game more than once, which people to include (do you include the people who have only played 1.5 hours of the game?), etc.

While I understand the reasoning behind your statement, the most that you have made of it (thus far) is an educated guess. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

It is only when you begin to make statements with statistics that don't come from a legitimate source that people begin to attack you.

Referring back to the original line, the reason this (Burden of Proof Fallacy), is not an argumentative tool is because then people can make any claim that they want and it could be considered true.

I.E. There is an omniscient being that we can't physically detect or consciously perceive somewhere out there .........Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back