Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Heaton Buzzkill Time!

I attended StrongStyle and had the fortune of meeting Harada-san, and I even got to ask him a question! Being the huge Tekken fan that I am, I asked him: "When are we going to hear anything more about Soul Calibur?"

After a short reply, Michael Murray translated: "Well, he's not involved with Soul Calibur anymore." Something we all already knew, of course. But I was not deterred: "Right, but he's been involved with it since forever and it's still Namco...there's nothing you can tell me?"

To this he gave a fairly long answer, all in Japanese. After he was done, Murray again translated:

"Don't expect anything to come of it."

Kappa
Maybe they don't want to spoil SC before it's announced.

Didn't know about the added damage, and I disagree about a minor difference between Omega and Pyrrha.

True, it was understating things. I was just comparing with the difference between OG and Alpha Pattycakes - Omega and Pyrrha seem like they can be combined without either style losing much.

Another reason I liked Daishi is BC this would probably have never happened... even he knew SCIV was too much *DEEP EXAGGERATED SIGH*
The change in direction at PS shows. It seems that Daishi directed Shimazaki to make Ivy and Tira's secondary costumes alluring but not too revealing. Hoshino however directed Shimazaki to make the costumes as over-the-top sexy as possible, regardless of how shameless it would be. I guess Hoshino took the whole "sex sells" thing to heart, it'll be interesting to see what kind of new costumes they will design for the characters in SCVI (if there is one, of course).

I played some Soul Calibur 1 recently and it got me thinking about what I would want in SC 6. So here is my wishlist

Add
-A true arcade mode complete with character endings.
-Mission Mode (as it was in SC1/SC2)
-Infinite life in options for VS mode (used for King of the Hill matches)
-Team VS
-Meterless GI
-Art Galleries (SC1 had AMAZING unlockable art)

Remove
-Metered GI
-Clone characters (we really only need one Edgemaster)
-Global Colosseum
-Guest characters

I know Namco is focusing on Tekken and most of the time SC follows afterwards but I hope and pray Namco doesn't give us another half-assed game.

I played some Soul Calibur 1 recently and it got me thinking about what I would want in SC 6. So here is my wishlist

Add
-A true arcade mode complete with character endings.
-Mission Mode (as it was in SC1/SC2)
-Infinite life in options for VS mode (used for King of the Hill matches)
-Team VS
-Meterless GI
-Art Galleries (SC1 had AMAZING unlockable art)

Remove
-Metered GI
-Clone characters (we really only need one Edgemaster)
-Global Colosseum
-Guest characters

I know Namco is focusing on Tekken and most of the time SC follows afterwards but I hope and pray Namco doesn't give us another half-assed game.

Why remove guest characters and Global Colosseo?

I was over guest characters after SC2, not having them in SC3 was a blessing and SC4....just made me want a Star Wars fighting game. I know they are made to get people to buy the game, but I already buy SC games because its Calibur...I don't need any other reason. Global Colosseo turns into a chat room instead of a lobby for people to fight, and the player match lobbies function better than the Global rooms.

Something I read in an EGM article during the SC3 coverage. You take two characters, and have a match on the smallest stage. The only way to win is by ring out, they called it "King of the Hill." I liked the idea so much that I used it in a few tournaments I hosted while I worked for Game Crazy.

I think at this point just for the sake of tying up loose ends the following NEW characters will most likely be in the game, and if not playable, at least explained:

--Malfested Toki (which is Taki's master and the reason why shes missing in sc5)
--Bangoo... Duh
--Character explaining how Viola got her powers
--Hilde's malfested father
--New Lizardman with unique weapon (if in fact Aeon is actively trying to devour pure souls to regain humanity im sure one of his many minion lizardmen is going to try to take his throne)( aeon will still be in the game but maybe he'll begin to take on more human features)

These are my predictions but who knows what theyll try.

So if Soulcalibur VI DOES happen, and assuming there will be guest character(s), who do you think those could be? With the Witcher 3 coming out I think Geralt of Rivia might be a potential addition. My dream addition would be Captain America, though.

http://gamerant.com/top-5-guest-characters-soul-calibur-6-riley-128143/4/

In regards to guest characters i just hope the SC team keeps some dignity. Guest characters are fine i guess but make it make sense. Sure soulcalibur 1 had fairly odd characters thru link and spawn but that was their first real go at it on the console front. In regards to star wars it made sense financially to attract people and sort of made sense since both franchises deal with the overwhelming struggle of good and evil.

My only wish when it comes to guest characters is that i dont cringe everytime i boot the game up...

Take a look at the link:
Hey some people are into this but i just want soulcalibur to hold some dignity with their choice.

http://gamerant.com/top-5-guest-characters-soul-calibur-6-riley-128143/4/

In regards to guest characters i just hope the SC team keeps some dignity. Guest characters are fine i guess but make it make sense. Sure soulcalibur 1 had fairly odd characters thru link and spawn but that was their first real go at it on the console front. In regards to star wars it made sense financially to attract people and sort of made sense since both franchises deal with the overwhelming struggle of good and evil.

My only wish when it comes to guest characters is that i dont cringe everytime i boot the game up...

Take a look at the link:
Hey some people are into this but i just want soulcalibur to hold some dignity with their choice.
I truly hope that list isn't your way of saying these would be "dignified choices" for Calibur. When each one of them would just be an apparent money grab like the Star Wars era. I have my own personal choices (see Death from the Darksiders series) but hey I'd be happy with some of the guest characters from SC3 with a fleshed out set of moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back