Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
FGs are just a series of boss fights, and the boss happens to learn and improve and adapt. I'll agree that it may be too intense and draining compared to your casual open-world roaming type game.

Last edited:
Fighting Games are sexy.

10408752_822902177753116_3596032128139843935_n.jpg

10882090_819433151433352_3728563107481579040_n.jpg

10897928_822902167753117_5008982002198943748_n.jpg

Oh, yeah, you´re right!
babeando.gif

I think it will be awesome that Viola is reveal as Amy in Soul Calibur VI, because the plot, story line, and game play will be very good to see. Also having her Albion (Amy sword) back along with using the clawed gauntlet in on her right hand will be a really good character design for developers and fans in the Soul Calibur series. I think Viola is Ambidextrous, because the artworks show her gauntlet on her right or left hand ( Notice! I referring to different artworks on Viola) and she might have multiple personality disorder if she's Amy's Alter ego.

Ok, time to explain to someone who just doesn't get it.

You seem to be under the impression that this incredibly small sample size (all of 8wr) is representative of the entire population of SC fans as a whole. It isn't. Here's why:

This is a competitive website, not a casual one. The only people here are generally people who really know the game in and out and people who are dedicated fans. Don't let that fool you.

If you really want an accurate picture of what the majority opinion of SC is at this point, just look at SC's facebook page. It's important to keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of 'fans' are casual types who never go to tournaments. On 8wr, most people here are the hardcore, tourney types.

And guess what, when you go to the facebook page, well over 95% of the comments are nothing but pure hatred for SCV. If you don't think that is a fair representative, then just look at sales numbers alone and there's no need to look any further, sales says all. When I said "the fans have spoken" I meant exactly that. I didn't think I would have to spell it out for you because I honestly thought you were smarter than that, I guess I was wrong.

Like I said, It doesn't matter how good you think this game is, sales is the only thing that matters in the end. No sales, no sequel, period.

Any more stupid questions?

You seem to be under the impression that this incredibly small sample size (all of 8wr) is representative of the entire population of SC fans as a whole. It isn't. Here's why:

This is a competitive website, not a casual one. The only people here are generally people who really know the game in and out and people who are dedicated fans. Don't let that fool you.

If you really want an accurate picture of what the majority opinion of SC is at this point, just look at SC's facebook page. It's important to keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of 'fans' are casual types who never go to tournaments. On 8wr, most people here are the hardcore, tourney types.

And guess what, when you go to the facebook page, well over 95% of the comments are nothing but pure hatred for SCV. If you don't think that is a fair representative, then just look at sales numbers alone and there's no need to look any further, sales says all. When I said "the fans have spoken" I meant exactly that. I didn't think I would have to spell it out for you because I honestly thought you were smarter than that, I guess I was wrong.

Like I said, It doesn't matter how good you think this game is, sales is the only thing that matters in the end. No sales, no sequel, period.

chatimage

There are several incongruities in your argument.

You talk about fans throughout, but offer conflicting or ambiguous definitions for this group, saying
The only people here are generally people who really know the game in and out and people who are dedicated fans.
but then contradicting yourself with
It's important to keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of 'fans' are casual types who never go to tournaments.
Who are we talking about here? Fans or 'fans'? You say
On 8wr, most people here are the hardcore, tourney types.
but also said
The only people [on 8wayrun] are generally [...] people who are dedicated fans.
So is the difference between a fan and a 'fan' whether or not he's dedicated? What criterion is sufficient to establish dedication?

And guess what, when you go to the facebook page, well over 95% of the comments are nothing but pure hatred for SCV.
I'm not even going to criticize you for shamelessly pulling a number out of your ass. Instead, I'm going to ask you: How many of these peoples opinions actually matter? We've seen this same thing from whiny bloggers who complain endlessly that things like women in sexy outfits are "harmful" and "ostracizing" and that they drive people away from gaming, yet only two things have been demonstrated empirically:
  1. Games that cater to these people sell like dogshit, and
  2. Any endorsement these people give to a game has practically no measurable boost to the game's commercial success.
What makes the people you're talking about any different? Expecting a Facebook user to form an educated opinion is an exercise in futility. They've already expressed their disinclination toward anything even resembling good taste through the medium they've chosen to voice their awful opinions in.

If you don't think that is a fair representative, then just look at sales numbers alone and there's no need to look any further, sales says all.
On the contrary–sales say shockingly little on their own. That's why there are entire disciplines whose studies are predicated on corporations' needs to figure out how best to interpret sales figures. For consumers like you and me, there is a far more pressing need to evaluate games based on their quality as entertainment.

When I said "the fans have spoken" I meant exactly that.
No; you meant exactly that "the 'fans' have spoken". You've swapped your two categories.

No sales, no sequel, period.
You're playing fast and loose with your reasoning here. There isn't necessarily a strong correlation between sales and profit (for example, consoles being sold at a loss).

There are counterexamples to your claim as well; several sequels to otherwise dead franchises have been created with crowdfunding through platforms like Kickstarter. None of these franchises were what I'd describe as "triple-A", but corporations tend not to let go of the rights to those types of franchises as easily. There have also been 'sequels' created by the community, like Project M.

tldr ResidentSleeper at the end of ur post

Last edited:

Slade has already pointed out your contradictions, now lets consider your bizarre stats and logic:
"when you go to the facebook page, well over 95% of the comments are nothing but pure hatred for SCV."
Even if this is the case, people not liking Soulcalibur5 IS NOT a request for no more Soulcaliburs. I hope your argument isnt based on that implication...

Also:
"Like I said, It doesn't matter how good you think this game is, sales is the only thing that matters in the end. No sales, no sequel, period."
Soulcalibur5, SC2HD, Unbreakable Souls, and Lost Swords (along with its continuous stream of DLC btw) HAVE produced sales. Sure not in the category of FPSs or RPGs which youve mentioned earlier for whatever reason but most definitely enough for a Soulcalibur6, my friend.

You really have no argument.
I'd be able to consider what you say if the Facebook page was pleading for no more Soulcaliburs, or if 8WR didnt have a petition for a new game or if Soulcalibur5 was unplayable and SC2HD, US and LS didnt exist. Thats not the case though and you seem to be ignoring these facts.

Do you really think there won't be a SCVI? I just got into the franchise. I'm not a die hard player, just a casual one, but I really like the story and the characters. I hope it doesn't end like this.

I personally think there will be a SCVI, because SCV is wasn't very good nor great and "Lost Swords" is a epic fail. The developers knew these games could have been better so they must have to come up with a new SC that's going to surpass those games and win fans's hearts. Notice, SCV is better than "Lost Swords" but however, SCV is a decent good game though and I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back