Soul Calibur Creative m-0D Project Showcase

skytoast

Videomaster
First off before anyone or everyone gets up in arms over what will be presented in this thread, I have consulted with the admins in this forum before hand and received permission to proceed. Hacks, mods, modding related to Soul Calibur (especially the newer games) are generally not allowed for open discussion within the forums here at 8wayrun.com. The purpose of this post is to showcase creative works which may include derivative works and "fan art" that may include results achieved from modding the game (still-frame, audio, and/or video). This is NOT a discussion on how to hack/mod and/or cheat within the game (whether online or offline).

DISCLAIMER/WARNING and some RULES:
Any discussions over actual methods and procedures in regards to hacks and modding the game will NOT be allowed in this thread. No exceptions. {No how-to's, step-by-step instructions, tutorials, etc.}

Also no linking to external sites regarding mods or their discussion will be allowed here. And absolutely no linking to files, programs or resources regarding such activity will be allowed here.

I'm asking everyone to please refrain from discussing any personal critical opinions of the game in general (i.e. your views on the game's outcome, wishlists, shortcomings, hopeful DLCs, bucket lists for future sequels, etc.) There are hundreds of threads littered with posts like those, this is not the place to discuss such topics. If anyone posts or incites such arguments, I will politely ask the admins to remove your post.

Along with that, please, no discussions on the ethics of modding/hacking this game or any other (or modding in general). That is not the purpose of this thread and no need to have long political debates on which ever side you stand.

Critiquing (both positive and negative), comments, opinions, ideas, and suggestions related to the works presented here are welcome but be constructive.

Lastly, please adhere to general rules of forums as they apply to etiquette, staying on topic, intellectual property (assuming fair-use laws of your country OK), spoilers, and NSFW (Not Safe For Work ) content, etc.

With all that said, I encourage active participation. If you've done something similar and wish to share, by all means. Request for images and such are ok but as mentioned above, no file sharing will be allowed. Do not ask me or anyone here for any mods that may be presented here.

A Bit of Introduction:
Naturally as we get this showcase underway, I'm sure people are going to ask how such and such mod or effect was achieved. Without going into a long discussion or breaking the rules I have set forth, simply accept the fact that like all things coded in software, things can be altered and changed. This may require special tools, hardware, software and a lot of hours with analysis and experimentation (sometimes headaches and painkillers). The particular tools will include binary/hex editing software, image software for textures, a 3D modeling software for 3D geometry, lots of spreadsheets for calculation and analysis layout/charting and some special executables for certain tasks. I have mainly done all this for personal use and curiosity to help me with another endeavor in achieving certain effects for another hobby which is making fan films within Soul Calibur. In some cases, I may use additional tools outside of modding such as Photoshop and/or After Effects to touch up an image or a scene for a video.

Much thanks and shout-outs to the few individuals out there who have helped in collaboration, here and elsewhere. A few of you may already have seen some of the content I'll be presenting here today in previous private discussions before. I'll be adding more as we go along.

So let's begin:

We all know how great the new CAS customization for Soul Calibur V is. It offers so much more possibilities than ever before. But what if... we were to step this up?!

I present to you: 8Wayrun Girl

eqwh1h.jpg

Whoa.. look at that ummm... shirt!
sHA5c3y.jpg

Now how's that for FAN SERVICE!

This is not limited to just our poster girl here as anyone can wear one.
They come in different colors and sizes too.

2nOgE2T.jpg

Of course, this is not limited to just t-shirts either.

5e8mdf.jpg

Baseball caps and sportswear with funny logos included.

1695440.jpg

"Stay away from my sister ... She's mine"

Old school
BrMTD67.jpg

Old jokes
11jls94.jpg

With custom textures, screen printing just about anything on any clothing or equipment item is possible.

Some of you may have noticed in the video above how big Astaroth's alter ego is compared to our mascot girl.

Pd7jBVP.jpg

In a prior private discussion, someone had asked me to make Algol god sized:

BEHOLD, the mighty Hero King...
30iwex2.jpg

"Aren't you a little short to be a god?"
ofsubc.jpg

"YOU DARE MOCK ME!??"
kb7rlc.jpg

"hmmmm... "
2n0206r.jpg

"......hmmmm"
es718h.jpg

"Nice Legs!"
o6mufc.jpg

"Ahhhh!!!"
107w86d.jpg

Does size ever matter?

"So it goes that I heard a loud rumble and notice something big walk by.
The ground started to shake..."
2d27ym9.jpg

"Wha???"
eqt2ed.jpg

"Still I say, size doesn't matter... BRING IT ON!
1767hx.jpg

So the giant lizard got scared and went away.
2iqjos6.jpg

A few hours later with some more radioactive juice....
34jbpdi.jpg

2eft43s.jpg

2jb2tjm.jpg

"OK this is getting a bit ridiculous...."
2i1i2i1.jpg

"It's beginning to feel like Bambi vs Godzilla now..."
ra97ye.jpg

"God, I hope he doesn't decide to take a shit...."
snmd80.jpg

"Oh, f#ck me....."
m9q9le.jpg

Ivy: Alraune Inspired Outfit

Looking at these pictures, i think im going to Opt for pants or something pant-like because her hair IS so long, i feel like any more length feels unbalanced. Im also considering switching the succubus shoes for the sandals, and adding the honor greaves to create a new greave all together. Not sure if i like the colour shades i picked yet either, will probably play with them. At the bottom is a super quick concept that i played with but ended up feeling very "Wizard of Oz emerald city folk" to me so i scrapped it. Considering using the design for her red occult outfit, even though i would like to stay away from rehashing pieces, i think it would work.

Also, because the last post in this thread reads 2013, I dont want to make it feel like im hijacking picture room, Would someone please tell me how to add a spoiler tag for future posts? Thanks :)

Last edited:
My last post amongst my spree, Setsuka lovers please dont shoot me. I had to make compromises to get her overall silhouette to work. The three special items were the bane of life, but i managed to work around the issues associated with hex editing. Never learned her before but really appreciated the character design in SC3 and loved everything about her. Cant wait to be somehwat viable with aPat style and let her shine.

Last edited:
She looks quite young, Good enough.

Oh yeah btw, here's my classics, might bother making Part 3 very soon, since I've already made a few higher quality hex edits. (PART 2 RECOMMENDED)

@suggestion: first time I've seen hex-editing used to make actual art rather than tacky chara-hybrids. The Alraune-inspired outfits are both lovely. The long-haired one's dress is simple but elegant. Fitting for that primal, force-of-nature look she got goin on. The gloves add too much detail and disrupt the silhouette though. If you wanna keep a touch of armor in the design, use some subtler gloves and pair it with some hex-edited long boots (which also helps detail the lower body). Single-color, of course, since you don't wanna overpower the dress. If you wanna beef her up a bit, throw on a crown of thorns using a chain SpecEq around the head and throw in some random beetle horns/antlers/tree branches. The short-haired one's interesting. Slight steampunk flavor. May as well dial it up with some goggles or fancy hats. Try layering with some pocket stickers too. It also happens that I have a similar Alraune-inspired creation here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/cas-mirror-match.17769/#post-666701. Actually based on another creator's work, which you can find on the same page. I still wanna attempt a vanilla CaS version of your work soon though, time permitting.

Anyways, I can tell from your creations and writing that you have both an eye for fashion and a highly analytical mind. The way you mix and structure themes is quite exciting to see. You'd be right at home with the vanilla CaS system. Your creations are, quite frankly, wasted here in the hacking forums. It's really not that hard to get started too. Here's a tutorial I wrote for the basics: http://8wayrun.com/threads/school-of-cas-advanced-cas-technique.18282/

P.S. ~ For spoilers, enclose your stuff with [spoile.r] lahdeedah [/spoile.r]. Obviously, without the period.

She looks quite young, Good enough.

Oh yeah btw, here's my classics, might bother making Part 3 very soon, since I've already made a few higher quality hex edits. (PART 2 RECOMMENDED)
Ive seen your videos on youtube, theyre awsome! As for my setsuka i was going for the SC3 face, because the picture quality isnt very good, you cant see her subtle face paint which does make her look almost identical to her on screen. I tried the SC4 "setsuka face" but ultimately opted for the more youthful one because i thought it looked best

My last post amongst my spree, Setsuka lovers please dont shoot me. I had to make compromises to get her overall silhouette to work. The three special items were the bane of life, but i managed to work around the issues associated with hex editing. Never learned her before but really appreciated the character design in SC3 and loved everything about her. Cant wait to be somehwat viable with aPat style and let her shine.

Back