Soul Calibur V - Amy (Wishlist)

Amy is too strong but the problem is not 2B+K, it's her insane wildly out of control oki. She never has to take any risks, she's never in danger on whiff, teching is always super dangerous, rolling rarely pays off, standing exposes you to mixups... it's a little too much. I don't claim to know the solution. Also I think her auto-parries should be toned down only in the sense of the delay between the parry and the move should be increased. It should still be guaranteed obviously but that way it's easier to catch her when she whiffs the auto-GI.

Also I think her auto-parries should be toned down only in the sense of the delay between the parry and the move should be increased. It should still be guaranteed obviously but that way it's easier to catch her when she whiffs the auto-GI.
Well her auto-GI moves are in themselves risky so I don't see any point in toning them down. There's already a delay and if you look at what parry she does then at accordingly. Like Dead or Alive, if you see someone do a high counter strike low and if they do a low strike high. It's about reading your opponent. I punish Amy plenty of times if she whiffs especially if it's A+B. I'm sure some other people do to.

and about 2B+K. If they make that move any slower it would be an unrealistic move. Setsuka's 2A+B was understand because she has to unsheathe her sword and then stab down. If you removed the unsheathing part then I'm pretty sure it would be as fast as Amy's. Remember that Amy has a light weapon so of course she's going to be fast when using it.

Auto-GI moves are risky? Amy's auto-GI moves are amongst the least risky in the entire game. Her auto-GI links into her other auto-GI's OR into SAFE launchers with such a small delay that punishing them on reaction is difficult, and if you mess up you are getting launched. Compare it to Soph's auto-GI, which just completely whiffs so you can try to whiff punish easily with zero risk, Kilik's which is launch punishable on block, Voldo's auto-GI which a linear high so you can step G... vs Amy there's not too much to do except guess. If you think she's going to B+K you hit her with a high and hope she doesn't do 3BA. If you wait for her to B+K it's very hard to take advantage after. Granted her auto-GI has less reward but it's still very strong. The really top auto-GI's in the game all need toning down, they are so incredibly superior to regular GI's that it's not even fair.

No idea why you are talking about realism as if it has any place in this discussion. They can always change the animation. 2B+K is balanced because it has no range (like a grab) and it can be stepped (unlike a grab) although it can't be broken (unlike a grab). Yes its a great move, but it's not unbalanced and its one of Amy's trademarks so I really hope they keep it point blank range and unreactable as it is now. There are too many useless knockdown lows in the game, it's nice to see one they actually tried to balance.

I doubt they'll keep her drills hairstyle for SCV. I'm sure they'll go for another pretty Victorian hairstyle. :)

I doubt they'll keep her drills hairstyle for SCV. I'm sure they'll go for another pretty Victorian hairstyle. :)

I agree. Even if she doesnt age by body her mind is 31 if shes in SC5. I dont think the creators think about it that much because Ivy and Maxi changed not 1 hair for 17 years :/

I agree. Even if she doesnt age by body her mind is 31 if shes in SC5. I dont think the creators think about it that much because Ivy and Maxi changed not 1 hair for 17 years :/

I see what you mean. It looks like most of the character's appearance won't change drastically, but Amy is kind of an excuse if she's going to be a grown adult.

I see what you mean. It looks like most of the character's appearance won't change drastically, but Amy is kind of an excuse if she's going to be a grown adult.

If they are vampires i think she can change her hair too when she leaves Raphael. Its kinda Interview with the Vampire style if Raphael makes Amy think shes 14 for 17 years and not know shes not growing up but its also cool if her story in SC5 is that she finds out like Claudia that shes not growing up like Talim and her ''dad'' Raph is evil.

I hope for that story. Amy leaves Raphael after she sees Talim grew up and she not. Then she lets her hair down and puts on a new dress.

Well considering Ivy has stopped ageing, I think that might mean so does her hair/body, and other things like that. As for Maxi; he really needs a haircut.

Amy might be confirmed. This is a really big might, but I have circled what seems to be Amy's new design:
Amyconfirmedmightsetsuka.png

Click on it to increase it's size.

Aren't the colors of that design too cheerful for someone who has a trademark Gothic lolita outfit?
Then again, she could have moved on after her SC4 ending and stopped being so withdrawn and gothic-y.

It reminds me however of Schehezerade(sp?). It has an elf-y feeling to it.

I think that's probably Tira in the picture. The color and shape of the outfit match, and they wouldn't take such a clear shot of a character that isn't confirmed.

Anyways... so, Amy. Here's my wishlist:
Don't nerf her too much. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not optimistic about her chances of staying good in SC5. She has always been next in line behind Hilde to get the nerf bat. There's very little about her that desperately needs improving, so it's pretty much all downhill from there.

Back