Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Endless stage to be exclusively picked by scrubs who hate ringouts (same with that arena stage too I guess). Though, imagine the trolling you can do by just endlessly running away for a time out once you get a life lead... I doubt its really endless, there is a fence there, and there could be a cliff or something just beyond those rocks. And we have no idea what is in the other direction.

That said, nice looking new characters :)

1: Ivy looks really cool. I like the "less but still slutty" look.

2: The new ninja is a fine looking character. Hope she plays well too.

3: Zwei looks awesome! I wonder if he will have some punching moves like Nightmare since one hand is free. Might be a cool new power/skill character.

Endless stage to be exclusively picked by scrubs who hate ringouts (same with that arena stage too I guess). Though, imagine the trolling you can do by just endlessly running away for a time out once you get a life lead... I doubt its really endless, there is a fence there, and there could be a cliff or something just beyond those rocks. And we have no idea what is in the other direction.

I'd pick it because I think ring-outs are a very annoying way to win, and some people ABUSE wall hits, like most Nightmare combos now-a-days. They hit you against the wall every possible way. And then some. NO!

Suprised no one mentioned how Zwei appears to be a Tria-eque dual personality. Compare his art to his render. "two" and a moon theme fits it as well.

I like Ivy, but I still hope she can get more scantly clad.

I see they are still using SC4 models though. When are we going to see the new technology? I hope the tekken tag 2 team is sharing their face technology.

but still that could just be anything because we dont know much about the overall gameplay mechanics and the charcters style.

wolf ......krone. isnt there a wolfkrone lance on the stage? he could be related to hilde in some social or biological way. i think someone said something like this already.

i also noticed that his moves with the hit box color have different colors. orange and blue. tira had something like that too: yellow and purple, but still that could just be anything because we dont know much about the overall gameplay mechanics and the charcters style.
They've been using that shade of blue for the guard break attacks in the footage we've seen of the other characters.

yep. that stage better have amazing music like the sheep stage in T6 because i already know it will be picked like every time playing online lol.

Wow Zwei looks ultra badass, his stance reminds me of Spawn's in SC2. Even in the images where he's doing an attack, it kind of looks like moves Spawn had.. I wonder if Zwei is loosely based on him.

Anyways I'll definitely be learning Zwei. And he's a strong candidate for who I'll be deciding to main. :)

Can't wait to see more!

Good for Ivy and Zwei.

Ivy is classy, not as slutty as in previous games and the Zwei guy looks like out of a 80's movie, I love his agressive fighting style.

On the other hand Natsu is even crappier in 3d, what a terrible terrible design. AWFUL

This isn't the place to say it, but it has everything to do with these pics.....Daishi isn't pleased with the leak.

@ Windie

I don't think he is.

"Damn, our exclusive deal has been spoiled...." is what he said in his latest tweet.

so.. how come the poster of this news got his hands on the pictures in the first place?

although i have to say.. i don't think daishi's joking.. but it seemed irreparable now...

Zwei reminds me a lot of Mitsunari from Sengoku Basara. :P He looks pretty cool, he'll be a nice edition to the cast I think.

Ivy, my God, she looks FANTASIC! This is by far the best look she's ever had IMO. And her concept art is just breathe taking, just amazing.

Natsu looks as a I expected, she seems very full of life, I can't wait to see her in-game, hopefully she'll be just as good as Taki and will be a respectful replacement.

The stages are jaw-dropping, so detailed, so powerful, so divine... They really bring a new level of epic.

I'm ecstatic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back