Soul Edge fragments

Would the Kali-Yuga and the Dvapara-Yuga be considered parts of SC and SE considering the fact they're linked to SC? Though I'd expect that to not be the case.

That could be since both were in the Ling Sheng Su temple along with Soul Calibur (then known as Krita-Yuga), and even so, those two items were used to remake SC in the SC5 Storyline. Not to mention, Kilik absorbing both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge's powers in his SC4 ending, and if someone were to touch the Kali Yuga, it would become another Soul Edge. I know that's a bit of information, but yeah, there is a connection that both Kali Yuga and Dvapara Yuga are parts of SC and SE through those interactions that I've mentioned.

Not at all. The Dvapara-Yuga(holy stone) is a holy mirror artifact with the power to purify. The Kali-Yuga is also another magical artifact that has the power to absorb energy of all kind. Whether it be pure or tainted energy. After the evil seed event, it just happened to absorb alot of SE's powa, making it very unstable and corrupted. But it's not a part of SE to be accurate.

Because the two sacred artifacts have this power, Ivy was able to use it to restore SC. The holy stone purified any tainted energy of SE that might have weakened the sword all these years, and the Kali-Yuga absorbed any that the Dvapara wasn't about to purify, which in essence, is why SC returned to its full powa. (>^_^)/

Not at all. The Dvapara-Yuga(holy stone) is a holy mirror artifact with the power to purify. The Kali-Yuga is also another magical artifact that has the power to absorb energy of all kind. Whether it be pure or tainted energy. After the evil seed event, it just happened to absorb alot of SE's powa, making it very unstable and corrupted. But it's not a part of SE to be accurate.

Because the two sacred artifacts have this power, Ivy was able to use it to restore SC. The holy stone purified any tainted energy of SE that might have weakened the sword all these years, and the Kali-Yuga absorbed any that the Dvapara wasn't about to purify, which in essence, is why SC returned to its full powa. (>^_^)/

Assuming that it's not too late and Soul Calibur hasn't already become a palatte swap of Soul Edge: http://8wayrun.com/threads/theory-soul-caliburs-corruption.17473/

After the battle where the sword slept for 17 yrs, I assume the shards disappeared off into Astral Chaos and made their way back into the world once more where Tira and the malfested gathered them to revive Nighty. After the long and tedious story mode, again, most of its shards were probably found by Dumas who's been gathering them. Except for Pyrrha's shard, Maxi's shard, and Natsu new weapon Mekki-maru that she inherited. This time, the swords faded away so I'm guessing those three shards and maybe a few more are still left in this world.

If we follow Ivy's theory though, SE is never truly gone until all of its presence in the earthly world is vanished. There was a reason why she killed all those connected to SE in SCII or something :/ Wow, she kinda reminds me of Patty Cake now. The second theory that she came up with is Astral Chaos, SE's home. That place was SE's refuge and it too should probably be destroyed or sealed.
Speaking of Astral Chaos, I've always found it hard to figure out what that place is to begin with. Apparently it's Soul Edge's and Soul Calibur's own world, seeing as Necrid was brought there after he picked up Soul Edge and then let go of it, finding himself haunted by SE. Remember Chaos - Spiritual Realm from SCIII? Looks a bit like the Astral Chaos, doesn't it? Also would make sense how Night Terror exists there as its own creature rather than being linked to SE directly (In essence, being Nighty fused with SE and SC, if that makes sense.)

Last edited:
Speaking of Astral Chaos, I've always found it hard to figure out what that place is to begin with. Apparently it's Soul Edge's and Soul Calibur's own world, seeing as Necrid was brought there after he picked up Soul Edge and then let go of it, finding himself haunted by SE. Remember Chaos - Spiritual Realm from SCIII? Looks a bit like the Astral Chaos, doesn't it? Also would make sense how Night Terror exists there as its own creature rather than being linked to SE directly (In essence, being Nighty fused with SE and SE, if that makes sense.)
Pretty much. And it's certainly true that not much is known about this other dimension, Astral Chaos. It feels like a place where the swords power truly resides. What we do know, is that even if SE was destroyed for ex (by Siggy in SCIV), much of its power is still in Astral Chaos (i.e, Night Terror). To truly get rid of SE, Astral Chaos has to be destroyed as well. So it's not as easy as destroying the evil blade, we're talking about destroying its domain. For now, I can just hypothesize that it's a place where things are sealed or kept away from the human world. And for a good reason. Like how Algol will break out of there and take over there world. XD

SC seems to have a different world. Utopia of the Blessed. But it's pretty confuzzling since SC is a part of SE, and that's why part of its power is also in Astral Chaos. If I'm being confusing, sorry lol. I will be honest and say that there isn't much concrete info on Astral Chaos and the little bit of info there is, I've tried my best to make sense out of it. =3

Pretty much. And it's certainly true that not much is known about this other dimension, Astral Chaos. It feels like a place where the swords power truly resides. What we do know, is that even if SE was destroyed for ex (by Siggy in SCIV), much of its power is still in Astral Chaos (i.e, Night Terror). To truly get rid of SE, Astral Chaos has to be destroyed as well. So it's not as easy as destroying the evil blade, we're talking about destroying its domain. For now, I can just hypothesize that it's a place where things are sealed or kept away from the human world. And for a good reason. Like how Algol will break out of there and take over there world. XD

SC seems to have a different world. Utopia of the Blessed. But it's pretty confuzzling since SC is a part of SE, and that's why part of its power is also in Astral Chaos. If I'm being confusing, sorry lol. I will be honest and say that there isn't much concrete info on Astral Chaos and the little bit of info there is, I've tried my best to make sense out of it. =3
Cool, makes sense. That and the Astral Chaos also seems to be linked directly to the real world, as stated in Algol's SCV profile where he's corrupting the Astral Chaos in order to corrupt the real world. Also, to quote Kilik's SCV profile.

'During all that time he spent trying to close the astral gates, Kilik touched the memories of the souls that wander Astral Chaos, which allowed him to learn both their styles and that of those who defeated them. The weapons were apparently re-materialized with the help of the "power of chaos".'

Also, Edge Master himself said that the Astral Chaos is where souls from all times amass, and where souls who lack a strong will wander forever. So if you lack a strong will when you die, you go to the Astral Chaos, the realm of SE's and SC's powers? Interesting, really.

Last edited:
Cool, makes sense. That and the Astral Chaos also seems to be linked directly to the real world, as stated in Algol's SCV profile where he's corrupting the Astral Chaos in order to corrupt the real world. Also, to quote Kilik's SCV profile.

'During all that time he spent trying to close the astral gates, Kilik touched the memories of the souls that wander Astral Chaos, which allowed him to learn both their styles and that of those who defeated them. The weapons were apparently re-materialized with the help of the "power of chaos".'

Also, Edge Master himself said that the Astral Chaos is where souls from all times amass, and where souls who lack a strong will wander forever. So if you lack a strong will when you die, you go to the Astral Chaos, the realm of SE's and SC's powers? Interesting, really.
Ooooooh thankies for the reminder! Now that I think of it, Astral Chaos could actually be the place where all the souls that SE devoured, go to. We either have the 'poof, soul devoured' or the ' poof, soul devoured into Astral Chaos'. It could also be the place where SC banishes the soul of those who won't listen to her, like Pat. So all these ppl/souls that are in Astral Chaos, lacked the will to resists the swords, succumbed to the sword's powers, were banished there and those who actually go into there (ex, Edgemaster, Kilik, Algol). (>^.^)

Ooooooh thankies for the reminder! Now that I think of it, Astral Chaos could actually be the place where all the souls that SE devoured, go to. We either have the 'poof, soul devoured' or the ' poof, soul devoured into Astral Chaos'. It could also be the place where SC banishes the soul of those who won't listen to her, like Pat. So all these ppl/souls that are in Astral Chaos, lacked the will to resists the swords, succumbed to the sword's powers, were banished there and those who actually go into there (ex, Edgemaster, Kilik, Algol). (>^.^)

:D

Ah yeah, that makes sense as well, and would also explain why Necrid was sucked in there when he almost became Soul Edge's host. I honestly think it could be both where Soul Edge's devoured souls go and where SC banishes people, seeing as we have Night Terror roaming the Astral Chaos.

Last edited:
I also just remembered that Edge Master mentioned that the Astral Chaos needed to remain untouched and peacefull. This itself is a bit odd if the Astral Chaos would be Soul Edge's and Soul Calibur's own prison realm, though he's most likely reffering to Algol trying to use it to corrupt the world I think, and is likely saying "This place is bad enough as it is, and it shouldn't be messed with."

Just one thing I felt like I had to add; In Nightmare's SCIV Ending (Which is noncanon, I know) Nighmare mentioned that he was being held by "despicable shackles" for years. What shackles? I'm aware SC was made from SE, but SE wasn't even fully restored in SCIV. I would assume it was SC preventing him from destroying the world?

Just one thing I felt like I had to add; In Nightmare's SCIV Ending (Which is noncanon, I know) Nighmare mentioned that he was being held by "despicable shackles" for years. What shackles? I'm aware SC was made from SE, but SE wasn't even fully restored in SCIV. I would assume it was SC preventing him from destroying the world?
He could be referring to Night Terror, who's stuck in Astral Chaos. (>^_^)

He could be referring to Night Terror, who's stuck in Astral Chaos. (>^_^)
Yeah, that could be the case. I also think in his ending he's releasing himself partially from the Astral Chaos. Why do I think so? If you go back to SCII, there's this stage called Tartaros (?) in which Inferno is just kind of sitting there, controlling his host (Siegfried), and according to NLOPS, it's the same place as Astral Chaos, just a different scenery.

Back