Soul Gauge study 1.03

Schneider-X

[11] Champion
Here's some data from caliburforums that I'm reposting here.

44BB: 7 (unsafe) *first B will SC*
66A+B: 8 (unsafe)
22_88AB: 9 *A will SC*
44K: 9
3A+B: 9
44B: 10 (unsafe)
66B: 10
GS B: 10
44A: 10 (unsafe)
4B: 10
33B: 10
6B:B : 11 *first B will SC*
aB: 11
1[A]: 11
22K: 11
2B+K: 12
66A: 13
4A: 13
NSS A+B: 13
9B: 13
bA: 13
2B: 13
11K: 14
1A: 14
agA: 20
66K: 20
NSS bA: 21
66B+K: 27
NSS A: 100+

note: A+B and GS A+B can't SC lol

SC = Soul Crush

Might wanna change the CF link. It's gone.

NM isn't really adept at SC like other chars, but I guess aB will suffice if they're pretty close to the red. Pretty good # of blocks to SC for a fast (for NM) move.

Its still useful to know so that if your facing a very defensive person. You know what moves will do high Soul gauge damage.

You misunderstood me. I'm not saying that the SC list is useless or unimportant, because it isn't.

I'm just saying it's generally hard to SC with NM as opposed to other characters. My bad if it sounded like I meant otherwise.

The juiciest thing you can do is 1[A]6 GS B. Even that takes a while though. I haven't gotten any CF since the patch but I'm sure it's possible.

lol, I wasn't getting any CFs before the patch. Closest I ever got was by spamming 44BB and all it did was get them to flashing red, then I got stepped and hit and that was the end of that.

For what it's worth, 22_88B SCs in 10 hits. Also, WS A does it in 20 hits (It's much faster with the second hit, but you really don't want that blocked, lol).

Edit: 11_77B breaks in 12.

Yeah, he'd have to work his ass off to get it (Meaning he prolly wouldn't be doing much actual damage in the meanwhile).

With Amy? Lol, I've done it with Raph, Mina, Sophitia and Setsy (Not Yun, though).

Edit: Nevermind, I misread you. You know, 6B:B seems like a fairly solid option, since the pushblock is pretty bitching if you space properly. Just finish them off with 2B or 1A/1[A].

So I think I'm going to try to develop a Soul Crush game for my NM. GS :B: crushes in 10 and I think with GS :(B): and GS :A:, you can try to force mistakes from the opponent. :aB: is also really appealing since it's pretty fast, the non NSS version is very good on block, and of course you always have the option of going into NSS. It is high so there'll be some problems. I think if I incorporated these moves into my play with the mindset of going for a crush, something can work out.

NM also has his pretty solid moves like :6::6::B:, :1::(A):, and :6::B:::B:. Then he has his post :2::A::+::B: game as well.

One last thing, if you crush with :4::4::K:, you can press ABKG while grounded and he'll pop up and still go into the CF animation. Pretty manly if I do say so myself.

Actually Tiamat the SC state does change soul gauge damage rates. Just tested it. There's a bug in training mode where if you use R3 to reset it'll make some moves crush faster than they actually do. After exiting and re-entering training mode several times I'm certain that 3B takes 15 and SC 3B takes 12. I may do his list and re-do my others because of this bug.

All moves taking more than 20 to soul crush were omitted.

x8
44BB (8.5)

x9
66A+B

x10
3A+B
22_88AB (10.5)

x11
4B
11_44_77A
22_88B
66B
SC 66B
GS B

x12
SC 3B
SC NSS A+B

x13
1[A]
1aK
33_99A
33_99B
22_88K

x14
6B:B
2B+K
11_77B

x15
4A
bA
1B
2B
3B
6B
FC B
FC 3B
JUMP B
66A
NSS A+B

x16
aB
1A
11_77K
NSS B

x17
SC NSS bA

x19
BBB (19.6)
4[K]B:B (19.3)
Sliding

x20
AAB
3[K]

That's interesting. I'll have to take a look at that again to double check this. So does using R3 just decrease the number needed to SC with any move or just for the soul charged moves?

That's interesting. I'll have to take a look at that again to double check this. So does using R3 just decrease the number needed to SC with any move or just for the soul charged moves?
It seems to be only certain ones for any character. Had to change 2 of my Zas numbers because of it. Pretty annoying but I'm doing it lol.

EDIT: Trying to find the numbers for his SC JF moves is a pain. Feel free to help any1 :)

Record two commands?

Command 1: back up and A+B
Command 2: run forward into opponent then 6B:B

Wold that help? Or do you mean another JF move like the agA series?

Back