Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul Available Now!

Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul has been released as a mobile game! Old returning characters include Cassandra, Sophitia, Taki and more! Get your hands on the game today for FREE in the App Store! Witness unique stories unfold before your eyes or battle it out against AI with different varieties of combos!

Collect cards to unlock different elemental attacks including Fire, Aqua, Wind, Light and Dark! Play Unbreakable Souls now by downloading it from the app store! NOTE: The game is only available on iOS systems, sorry Android users! Update: Patch 1.0.2 will be released soon which will bring fixes for a few known bugs.
[media=xenmedio]8107[/media]
screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg

Use powerful combos to defeat your opponents! PvP will soon be available for you to battle it out with friends online! For more information visit the website at: http://www.soularchive.jp/soulus/en/

Have fun 8wayrunners!

Last edited by a moderator:
So you just have to tap an attack to do it?

iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS.

You have to choose from four or five attacks and you can combo them to make them combo (obviously). After you've used a move the card of that move will be replaced with another move. It's pretty much a strategy game.

So you just have to tap an attack to do it?

iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS, iCS.
Makes me think...
You guard by not acting, but how do you low block?

Ok, so I finally got it to work...

From the forum thread:

I've been playing this game for the past two hours... It's just assets from SC1 and Broken Destiny dumped into your typical mobile shovelware. The gameplay took some time to understand. Basically, it's a real-time card combat game.
  • You tap on cards to do the attack they represent. You can "stack" up to five cards in a row, and stacking them up in the correct order makes combos. Stacking them in the wrong order makes your character stand there like an idiot for like 30 frames in between attacks, fully exposed to your enemy.
  • There's a guard meter that builds up as you fight, and once it's full your character will block all incoming attacks until the meter drains.
  • Your attacks are limited to only basic stuff like AA, BB, etc. I'm really hoping you can unlock better attacks later on, because so far your selection of moves is pathetic.
  • Movement is controlled by the AI. Your position is locked until your attack stack is empty, at which point it goes fucking crazy. If there's a way to control movement, it's not in the tutorial.
  • Speaking of which, the tutorial sucks. It does a decent job at explaining the menus and features, but it doesn't explain shit about either combat or customization.
  • I use the word "customization" loosely, by the way. You can't really edit your character like in CaS, you just pick from the "avatars" the game provides. At first you pick one of three SC characters (I got Kilik, Mitsu, and Xianghua), and then you get two pre-made CaS characters. You unlock more of these avatars as you progress through the game, and the more you play the further you advance in the series (so you begin with characters from SC1, then unlock characters from SC2, and so on), but it's mostly just crappy-looking CaS. I'm guessing there's also characters you can buy via micro-transactions, but I haven't seen that yet.
  • Characters can "master" different styles, so if you play enough you can unlock Hwang's sword for Mitsu or Kilik's staff for Taki, etc. Again, there's probably micro-transactions for this as well.
  • Apparently, there's also a "helper" function that works just like in Lost Swords, but I'm still trying to figure out how that works.
Overall, it's terrible. It's not a fighting game, it's a weird, FFXIII-like real-time card-based hybrid. Given how everything in it is recycled, it seems like they put it together in a month and slapped random mechanics from popular iOS games into it. I'll keep digging to see if there's some good stuff under the surface, but I'm tempted to just delete it.

EDIT: You can only unlock real characters via gems (aka real money), but they don't come with weapons, so you have to buy those as well. After a couple of missions it becomes impossible to win without advanced weapons and potions, so you're eventually forced to make a $5 investment to really enjoy the game.

Everything has to be element-synchronized or else the effects of the weapons cancel out, so if your character is infused with water type abilities and your weapons are fire type, you're gonna have to buy another weapon. However, you buy characters, weapons, and abilities in blind packs, so you have no way of knowing what you're getting until you've spent the money. It soon becomes evident that you won't get through the game without spending a ton of money.

Needless to say I deleted this game.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back