Soulcalibur V Art/Wallpapers

Any of you older kids remember John Carpenter's cult classic film called "They Live" (1988)? It's a film about aliens who already invaded the Earth but are disguised as humans and you can't see who they are unless you wear some special sunglasses. Yeah it sounds cheesy but that film is so "classic". Anyways there's a scene in there with old WWF wrestler Roddy Piper (who's the main character), he gets into a brawl with Keith David (you probably know him now for voice work like Mass Effect) - the iconic fight scene lasts on screen for what seems like forever - lol. I always imagine Rock and Astaroth in a fight like that...

:sc4sop1:The Alexandra Sisters:sc4cas1:
SophitiaWP.jpg

CassandraWP.jpg

Just some doodles this afternoon while listening to some mellow (soft beautiful instrumental anime music and jpop).

15yhd2r.jpg

Ivy - study . Drawn in Manga Studio using Wacom Cintiq pad.

I've been wanting to spend a little more time with "traditional art" - well digital variety of course but hand drawn sketches and graphic art instead of the usual compositing work I normally do. It's still a work in progress, actually rather more of practice piece - an exercise in shading/monotone coloring - than something I plan to turn into a major piece. Still practicing color layering since I'm not really that good with it.

Last edited:
lol... More like Van Gogh who didn't make a cent from any of his artwork, lol. It's really just a hobby. If I were to do it all over again, perhaps go into graphical arts to begin with instead of all the business technical crap I do for a living.

Well you are good & I'm jealous!

As long as your havin fun & hope you're enjoyin life.

I think I can say we (& for sure me) love your work.

Just some doodles this afternoon while listening to some mellow (soft beautiful instrumental anime music and jpop).

15yhd2r.jpg

I've been wanting to spend a little more time with "traditional art" - well digital variety of course but hand drawn sketches and graphic art instead of the usual compositing work I normally do. It's still a work in progress, actually rather more of practice piece - an exercise in shading/monotone coloring - than something I plan to turn into a major piece. Still practicing color layering since I'm not really that good with it.
You should sketch a design for what Ivy might look like in SCVI,your own ideas.

Last edited:
That could be interesting.

I'll have to ask for a possible future rendition of Talim.

Only what you have time for, of course.

You should sketch a design for what Ivy might look like in SCVI,your own ideas.

I still need to practice and get better with color shading before attempting anything like that. I don't like to speculate on future games with my own concepts or design wishes because usually when the final product ships and then you look back, often times it seems ridiculous or just well... it's not cannon design and I don't work for them so "ehhh". However, I don't mind simply doing an alternative outfit. I would much rather put these characters in "normal" clothes, something recognizable - something worn during the appropriate time or perhaps even modern as parody or even a future projection. After all, half of these characters are becoming immortal (like vampires) so eh, why not? An Ivy, Raphael, or Cervantes circa 1980s or 2015+?

That could be interesting. I'll have to ask for a possible future rendition of Talim. Only what you have time for, of course.

It may be a while before I do something like that because again, I really need to practice more!

I may be out of the picture for a bit after next week since I'm returning back to full time work (after a 2 month sabbatical vacation). Also, plopped down some cash to a build a new editing/gaming rig (finally - it's time) so I will be joining the "master race" once again - lol. I'll try to release a few more images in the meantime before then.

No prob, understand & GL (good luck).

Ya be a fashion designer, Talim in different threads!

Show some pics of that gamin rig when it's done.

Capturing actions shots is gonna be a bit more challenging. It's one thing getting video of the said action, an entirely different thing to capture that right moment and turn it into still photo worth looking at. Not that it can't be done. Just a bit more difficult. It's like sports photography -while running the animation - framing the camera and taking the right shot at that right moment. So far, I've shown you guys a couple of ways we can approach these - photo-realistic take or the graphical approach. The later would be easier as a montage (and thus larger sizes would be possible). The lizard project would most likely be a montage of some sort. I've a couple ideas but I could probably do some of things you're asking. Either way, I'll give it a shot. If it looks good, I'll make it as a comp.

but asking for that second hit, it just doesn't look good as a still (or at least I just couldn't come up with a good framing shot for it on this vertical aspect ratio). After a couple of attempts, felt pretty unmotivated with any of the results so I just gave up on it for now. I'll try that again another night. (Trust me, it's never a good idea to work on some art piece or something creative, when you're just not feeling it). I ended up with this close up portrait shot instead.
I see how difficult it can be as I became really good with sports photography through practice of my shooting photos of my younger cousins at their sports games trying to nail that "moment". Extremely hard to shoot because real life doesn't loop like a video game character, I have no idea how to do this so that's why I asked. I hope you can do it!

15yhd2r.jpg

This is gonna be really beautiful!

....Show some pics of that gamin rig when it's done.

It's gonna look the same as it is now, only thing is the internal guts are changing. I have two computers (well three if you include mobile) in my home office setup. My main workstation is in this hunking big beast of a case (Coolermaster Cosmos II) off to the right. Getting all new components to accommodate 4K video editing among other things.

fwj6t2.jpg

This is where I do most of my editing/compositing work. There's a PS3/Xbox 360 under there which is hooked up to an HDMI hub that feeds into a capture card in my computer. Kind've hard to see but I have shuttle jog controller there on the right next to the mouse. Up on top there's a set of 'monitor' speakers by Audioengine with the input fed via an external DAC. And most importantly, a few Ivy figures and Pyrrha as well.

Behind this on the opposite side of the room off into the corner is my dedicated "artstation" where I do mostly "art". I have a Wacom Cintiq 13HD draw-on tablet here and another monitor mounted on an arm extending from the wall. I leave it mostly in the vertical position as it works well with what I do over here. Both computers, all the computers are networked together of course so files are interchangeable along with an 8TB home NAS running in the background. There's another assortment of figures mostly characters from various videogames but a few from anime. Yes those are two naked female figures on the desk - which are beautifully crafted and make excellent modeling art subjects. - oh and yeah - that is DOA Tina "oppai" *breast* mouse pad. Despite what you may think, whether you believe it or not, these kinds of mouse pads are the most comfortable and ergonomic mouse pads ever made simply because the amount of gel-cushioning added. I guess you can use it as stress reliever from time to time too ~lol (if only they made SC pads right?)

332zfvn.jpg

Adjacent to this is a gallery of figures, some Gundam models, and all things otaku I guess. I make it a business to visit Akihabara whenever I go to Japan =)

2yzd3zr.jpg

Don't need much in lighting since all these accent lights give the room a nice ambience. Just put on some cool easy listening music and I can just relax the night away...

Last edited:
It's gonna look the same as it is now, only thing is the internal guts are changing. I have two computers (well three if you include mobile) in my home office setup. My main workstation is in this hunking big beast of a case (Coolermaster Cosmos II) off to the right. Getting all new components to accommodate 4K video editing among other things.

fwj6t2.jpg

This is where I do most of my editing/compositing work. There's a PS3/Xbox 360 under there which is hooked up to an HDMI hub that feeds into a capture card in my computer. Kind've hard to see but I have shuttle jog controller there on the right next to the mouse. Up on top there's a set of 'monitor' speakers by Audioengine with the input fed via an external DAC. And most importantly, a few Ivy figures and Pyrrha as well.

Behind this on the opposite side of the room off into the corner is my dedicated "artstation" where I do mostly "art". I have a Wacom Cintiq 13HD draw-on tablet here and another monitor mounted on an arm extending from the wall. I leave it mostly in the vertical position as it works well with what I do over here. Both computers, all the computers are networked together of course so files are interchangeable along with an 8TB home NAS running in the background. There's another assortment of figures mostly characters from various videogames but a few from anime. Yes those are two naked female figures on the desk - which are beautifully crafted and make excellent modeling art subjects. - oh and yeah - that is DOA Tina "oppai" *breast* mouse pad. Despite what you may think, whether you believe it or not, these kinds of mouse pads are the most comfortable and ergonomic mouse pads ever made simply because the amount of gel-cushioning added. I guess you can use it as stress reliever from time to time too ~lol (if only they made SC pads right?)

332zfvn.jpg

Adjacent to this is a gallery of figures, some Gundam models, and all things otaku I guess. I make it a business to visit Akihabara whenever I go to Japan =)

2yzd3zr.jpg

Don't need much in lighting since all these accent lights give the room a nice ambience. Just put on some cool easy listening music and I can just relax the night away...
I'm jelllyyyyyy
tumblr_n25eppjo2u1rby04wo1_250.gif

Also if anyone is interested, here's the completed work in the above photo...

Kamikirimusi - Oni
23qqee.jpg
I hope you do Scheherezade sometime in the future <3

Nice rigs!

Well next time you hit these islands let me know. Maybe we can have shush kabobs in Aki.

Back