Soulcalibur V & TTT2 Playable AT NEC XII

This morning, Big E who has been running fighting game tournaments in the Philadelphia area for over a decade has officially announced that a playable build of Soulcalibur V will be at North East Championships XII, which is being held at the Sheraton Suites on December 3-4, 2011 in Philadelphia, PA.

Also available to play will be Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on arcade cabinet. You can find more details about both games after the break. If you haven't registered for NEC XII, you can do so online at NEC Philly website.

NEC XII was already shaping up to be an amazing event for the Soulcalibur community, and now this announcement puts it over the top, so I would like to thank Big E, HuBBs, FilthieRich, & Namco Bandai Games for making this possible. I hope to see everyone here. You don't want to miss out on this event.

340334_10150347250025778_678735777_8680279_592241227_o.jpg

For NEC XII Attendee Entertainment…Namco Bandai Games Presents…

Playable beta builds for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Soul Calibur 5!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be playable on an official arcade cabinet hosting up to 8 players and Soul Calibur 5 will be playable on the PS3 (number of set ups TBD). This is the FIRST and possibly the ONLY time TTT2 will be playable prior to launch on the east coast and the FIRST ever USA public beta for Soul Calibur 5. If you were ever on the fence about coming to NEC XII this should make your decision easy!

If you still cannot make it, don’t worry. Both games will be streamed over the weekend by 8WayRun. You can find a link to their stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

Most importantly, this is all possible to Namco Bandai Games and more specifically Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui of Namco Bandai Games. This is an incredible opportunity they are giving us and all of our attendees so let’s make them feel welcome over the weekend by playing some of their games and stopping by their booth to check out some of their awesome Namco Bandai Games licensed merchandise for sale!

And as a special Bonus we will be Having the first Ever TTT2 Tournament, more detail coming later.

So lets go SC players step up.
NEC Website
Facebook
Tournament Thread

That sucks, but at least you will still be able to watch online. But man, with this being the last event for SC4, the first on the east coast for SC5, Mick shittalking people, Something-Unique coming out of retirement, France coming over again, LostProvidence losing his damn mind, SCUD in the building, and me poppin bottles, NEC XII is going to be off the fucking hook.

That sucks, but at least you will still be able to watch online. But man, with this being the last event for SC4, the first on the east coast for SC5, Mick shittalking people, Something-Unique coming out of retirement, France coming over again, LostProvidence losing his damn mind, SCUD in the building, and me poppin bottles, NEC XII is going to be off the fucking hook.

Oh YEAH!!! That makes me want to shoot myself in the foot....

Post that link and give us enough warnng. I wanna at least watch this.

DAMN IT...im super jelly. But I will be glued to the stream as usual. Any Maxi players that are going that can check a few things for us, would be like a hero to the maxi guys.

congrats

So... can we as the community not misuse this chance to play SCV and turn it into some kind of competition over letting people play, give research and feedback to make it a better game rather than letting our inner arcade-nerd machine hog take over this opportunity?

Could someone at least post move lists of the new characters (Except for ZWEI, he's been already done)?

It should be pretty easy, just test all directions and 8WR for each button and simultaneous press, and then check if there are quarter circle inputs. Then write down the move's hit level, whether it's horizontal, vertical, or neither, and a comment on its speed and range.
Ex: Pat 6B: M, vert, short, fast note: has delay able string followups 6BBB and CH combos into CE

What I'm trying to say is we ought to abolish "winner stays" as a rule and just have each person play maybe say, 2 games then move on. That way there is no onus to win, and agreements between players to test shit out will be easier to manage, and nobody "hogs the machine" for a game that isn't even released yet.

Live streams

1 Viewers
LuckyNaegi
LuckyNaegi
Soul Still Burns Tournament Run (+ Raid)
0 Viewers
theartfulcannon907
theartfulcannon907
#Demonic/Skullie/Goth Female Wolf GAME ON!#Watch me suck at every game SoulcaliburIV!come watch!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back