Star Wars Games

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
I've played the Battlefront Beta, so I've decided make a thread discussing the Star Wars game we've played.

Among my favorite Star Wars games are Rogue Squadron series...

maxresdefault.jpg

I've been playing since I was little. These mostly comprise of dog-fighting missions, some of which take places during major scenes from the movies.

Sadly, the company that made these games, Factor 5, no longer exists after their last game, Lair, was a failure...

I have a short list.

1983 Star Wars Arcade

SNES: Star Wars Never played the other games because I thought the difficulty was nuts.

32x Star Wars I mainly just want to play remakes of the OG arcade game, so I played that one tons.

Star Wars Trilogy (Kinda what the 32x version was trying for but just couldn't match.)

Oh, and I had to write a review for Pod Racing at one point, so I played that too on the N64.

Sadly, that may forever be the best fighting game the Star Wars series shall see.

Believe it or not, there was an obscure fighting game called Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi for the PS1.

latest

...and it kinda sucked...

Maybe they should ask Bandai Namco to make a Star Wars fighting game. It may be just Soul Calibur with lightsabers and Force powers, but at least it would be good.

Top 10 from best to less best but still awesome
  1. KotOR/KotOR 2

If you haven't played these games, you should either stop breathing or go play them. (Just make sure to get the Sith Lords Restored Content mod if you're going to play KotOR2. I believe it actually comes with the Steam version now).

2. Rogue Squadron

This game is undeniably fan-fucking-tastic. Rogue Squadron 2 is even better imo. Rogue Squadron 3, while still fantastic, fails to be as good as 2. The entire series is godlike, though. Good luck playing Rogue Squadron 1 though if you don't have a N64 and a copy of it. It doesn't emulate and I've never gotten the "PC" version to work. Hell, none of them emulate well. That game engine is sorcery!

3. X-Wing vs. TIE-Fighter

What can be said? Legendary classic is legendary classic.

4. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

You don't know fear until you've faced a Wampa in this game. A fantastic game for the N64 everyone should play

5. Jedi Power Battles

I'll be honest, I don't know if it's just nostalgia that makes me enjoy this game so much or the fact that it's a solid game. Either way, I would recommend it to any Star Wars fan.

6. Republic Commando

There's not to much to say about this game except that it really shows the potential that something like the Clone Wars really had. A fantastic game that holds up both in visuals and game play even to this day.

7. Battlefront 1 & 2

Being a guy who loved Battlefield and was a huge Star Wars fan, it was only fate that I would play these games. Battlefront 2 to this very day remains one of my top 5 favorite games; Star Wars or not. Fuck DICE. Battlefront 3 is just a cash-in. It's still an alright game though, but nothing compared to its predecessors.

8. Starfighter

Basically the younger, orphaned brother of Rogue Squadron. Nowhere near as good, but still very fun all the same.

9. Jedi Knight/Dark Forces

No Star Wars game list would be complete without Dark Forces. I absolutely love these games, but would really only recommend them to a real Star Wars fan. Not that they are bad games, but they are relatively aged. It takes a pre-defined love of the series to truly appreciate them now imo. I think it has some of the best "melee combat" in any game ever.

10. Empire at War

If you love RTS games and love Star Wars, this is where you go. An absolutely great series with a ton of mods out there for your gaming pleasure. I can't tell you how many hours I've sank into this game.
#HONORARY MENTION# Star Wars: Galaxies

This isn't really a game you can play anymore, though there may be some private servers or the like up it won't be the same. I don't know if any of you ever got to experience this game, but despite the inevitable grindiness of a MMO, it was one of the greatest, most rewarding Star Wars experiences one could ever have. RIP

That's pretty much it off the top of my head. May the Force be with you!

Last edited:
Yeah, Rogue Squadron was an amazing game. The dog fights, missions, challenges, and everything were done extremely well. One of those few games I didn't mind completing everything 100% because it was made so well. Also the bonus stages like the canyon run were fun.

I've been playing these for years and SW fans are already well aware of these gems.. :)
image.jpeg

Fact: Best! Star Wars! Game Series! EVER! If you disagree then you are a meatbag.

Sadly, that may forever be the best fighting game the Star Wars series shall see.

Believe it or not, there was an obscure fighting game called Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi for the PS1.

latest

...and it kinda sucked...

Maybe they should ask Bandai Namco to make a Star Wars fighting game. It may be just Soul Calibur with lightsabers and Force powers, but at least it would be good.
I actually would like to see something like that happen someday. The SW guests move sets don't fit SC but they do work for a fighting game. Those move sets can be revitalized for a SW fighting game of its own imo.

Back