Super Smash Bros Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

So...Are we not going to talk about the fact that if Jigglypuff's shield shatters, she gets KO'ed instantly no questions asked?

Finally got it! 8 player smash is such a beautiful, chaotic clusterfuck; I love it!

IMG_0406.jpg

So it's been a few months. Which one is better? Pit or Dark Pit?

I'll direct you to this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-real-differences-between-pit-and-dark-pit.373239/#post-17777266

But also post the most important things here:

Pit and DP have only three differences.

B, Side B and F-tilt.

Pit / Dark Pit~
Palutena Bow / Silver Bow

Normal Damage: ~3.29% / ~3.87%
*Approximate Damage: 3%-3%-3%-4%-3%-3%-4% (pattern: 3% three times, 4% once, 3% twice, 4% once, repeat)
*Approximate Damage: 3%-4%-4%-4%-4%-4%-4% (pattern: 3% once, 4% six times, repeat)
Pit Normal Reach: The entire length of Final Destination
Dark Pit Normal Reach:When dodge rolled all the way left, the middle of the "U" in CPU from where the CPU spawns in training mode
Charged Damage: ~8.875% / 10.5%
*Approximate Damage: 8%-9%-8%-9%-9%... (shot to K.O. at 34 shots, no pattern yet, twenty 9%'s compared to fourteen 8%'s)
Pit Charged Reach: Significantly more than the entire length of the "Camera Fixed" screen on Final Destination
Dark Pit Charged Reach: Just over the entire length of the "Camera Fixed" screen on Final Destination
Forward Angles: +/- 180º by arrow's end / +/- 10º by arrow's end
Upward Angles: +/- 180º by arrow's end / +/- 10º by arrow's end
*Arrows launch at faster speed after charging.

Pit's arrows are more manoeverable and go a lot farther. The slightly higher damage don't even nearly make up for it...

Upperdash Arm / Electroshock Arm
*B-Reversing either Pit's Arm in the air or on the ground causes him to warp roughly one character length forward, effectively increasing the Arm's range and covered distance by one character length

-Grounded-

Damage: 11% / 11.5%
Pit Launch: On Omega Reset Bomb when Mario's damage is at 30%, Pit's Upperdash Arm will send Mario at a 80º angle, the apex of his height being the top of the highest window in the background, and he will land just left of Pit.
Dark Pit Launch: On Omega Reset Bomb when Mario's damage is at 30%, Dark Pit's Electroshock Arm will send Mario at a 50º angle, the apex of his height will have his feet resting on the top of the lower section of wall, and he will land just left of the first window.

Damage: 9% / 9.5%
Pit Launch: On Omega Reset Bomb when Mario's damage is at 30%, Pit's aerial Upperdash Arm will send Mario at a 80º angle, the apex of his height being the bottom-right corner of the highest window in the background, and he will land about two character lengths left of Pit.
Dark Pit Launch: On Omega Reset Bomb when Mario's damage is at 30%, Dark Pit's aerial Electroshock Arm will send Mario at a 50º angle, the apex of his height will have his hat just brushing top of the lower section of wall, and he will land between the two lower windows.

DP has ever so slightly more damage on his, but here's the most major difference between the two- the angle on this sets up for better things depending on the victim.

Finally:

Forward Tilt

Normal Hit
Damage:
7% / 7%
Base Knockback: 40 / 15
Side K.O.: 183% / 223% to hit right-side blast line from CPU spawn point
Center K.O.: 220% / 266%

"Scissor/Tipper" Sweetspot
Damage:
10% / 10%
Base Knockback: 40 / 15
Side K.O.: 134% / 161% to hit right-side blast line from CPU spawn point
Center K.O.: 162% / 196%

Essentially, Pit's F-Tilt is just completely superior. Great for combo foolery at low percent, or just keep it raw rather than staling it, and you have a fast kill move at below 120% as long as you have some rage.

Anyway, any player good with one could probably use the other with minimal problems, so see DP as a slightly customized DP.

As a funny thing, Pit is pretty much considered better by everyone due to his superior arrows and F-tilt, and arguably Side-B, but Dark Pit is the guy with results behind him. That's probably more due to the player using Dark Pit though- Nairo is among the best players in SSB4.

Nairo went on to take second place in that tourney.

Yeah, I kinda came to the same conclusion a while back, but I recently started playing Dark Pit a lot more now (better taunts!). I wanted to SE what the consensus was with the two beyond my own judgments. Thanks for the info and awesome video.

Back