TEACH ME THREAD!

I
Sorry I looked for about 4 pages and couldn't find a Yoshimitsu teacher and the Yoshi General forum is kinda hostile. I'm trying to main yoshimitsu, and Maxi as well

XBL GT: iiRep Ghosts (or) Jr Nozzy

Available almost everyday 10:00Am-12:00PM Then 3:00Pm - 5:00 Pm pacific

If you were on PSN I'd train you if you wanted. But feel free to PM me with various Yoshi related questions. I'll help if I can.

Honestly there aren't enough Yoshi players around, so it's good to see an aspiring player.

Reactions: JTK
Sorry I looked for about 4 pages and couldn't find a Yoshimitsu teacher and the Yoshi General forum is kinda hostile. I'm trying to main yoshimitsu, and Maxi as well

XBL GT: iiRep Ghosts (or) Jr Nozzy

Available almost everyday 10:00Am-12:00PM Then 3:00Pm - 5:00 Pm pacific
I second what BloodyTigerRoar says. You can PM me to ask the same questions as him and utilize my knowledge as an additional Yoshimitsu/Maxi reference.

How can you test whether or not a move tracks?

And are there different levels of tracking? Like level 2 being somewhat tracking when stepped and level 1 being full tracking when stepped?

Character: Yoshimitsu, Mitsurugi, Nightmare. Slight knowledge and interest in ZWEI and Pat.Mostly the others
Role: Student
Available Time: Varies. Usually evenings/afternoons. Central time
Platform: PS3
Username: fleagle7
Also should probably note that I do have a mic. Thanks

Character: Yoshimitsu, Mitsurugi, Nightmare. Slight knowledge and interest in ZWEI and Pat.Mostly the others
Role: Student
Available Time: Varies. Usually evenings/afternoons. Central time
Platform: PS3
Username: fleagle7
Also should probably note that I do have a mic. Thanks

I can help you with NM, just gotta work out time and date

How can you test whether or not a move tracks?

And are there different levels of tracking? Like level 2 being somewhat tracking when stepped and level 1 being full tracking when stepped?
have a character sidestep either continuously or quick step or just normal step, then execute your character's move, that's how you find out if a move tracks or not

ok so guys, I find myself in a bit of a pickle...Algol, people have been saying that it may be fairly even between NM and Algol...but tbh I just don't see it anything and everything I do gets stuffed by 2A...way too scared to even space because of 4B+K alone...so is it possible that someone can walk me through this MU

Hello, I decided to learn SCV just for my own sake. I come from competitive Tekken scene and I have a few questions.

What are the basic techniques in SCV that I should learn? As an example, Nightmare's wavedash if I pick Nightmare ?
Is there a tutorial showing me how to use practice mode?
How does the juggle system works, when can an enemy air escape my combo?
Is there an indicator ( just like in TTT2 ) if I punished something correctly? If no how can I practice my punishment?
Does SCV have generic moves ? Another example from Tekken, every punch is i10, is there something similar in SCV ?
Does reversed rage affect throws? When exactly does it trigger?
How relevant is jumping in SCV?
Is every character viable, I presume Dampierre is not?

Hello, I decided to learn SCV just for my own sake. I come from competitive Tekken scene and I have a few questions.

What are the basic techniques in SCV that I should learn? As an example, Nightmare's wavedash if I pick Nightmare ?
Is there a tutorial showing me how to use practice mode?
How does the juggle system works, when can an enemy air escape my combo?
Is there an indicator ( just like in TTT2 ) if I punished something correctly? If no how can I practice my punishment?
Does SCV have generic moves ? Another example from Tekken, every punch is i10, is there something similar in SCV ?
Does reversed rage affect throws? When exactly does it trigger?
How relevant is jumping in SCV?
Is every character viable, I presume Dampierre is not?

pretty much every character can wavedash in SCV, but it won't be as beneficial to everyone.
gotta know your spacing, range of your moves, Guard Impacting and quickstepping are basic.

DrakeAldan has several videos teaching players how to play SCV at both beginner and advanced levels, check them out and are bound to answer most of your questions.

Juggle combos are a bit more prevalent in SCV and only very few characters are capable of juggle combos such as Viola or ZWEI, the rest of the cast have about 3 or 4 moves which have juggle properties which usually only lead up to 6 or less hits without meter usage:
Aeon's 33B ~ BT B+K ~ 8B+K ~ 44BAA
Hilde's 22B ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A
Patroklos' 66B ~ 66B+K ~ JS K
Nightmare's 44(B) ~ NSS A+B ~ 2A+B
just to name some examples, but do keep in mind this isn't Tekken,

there isn't an indicator to say if you've punished correctly, so you'll have to jump into practice mode and learn your frame data and find the ideal punishes...usually moves that are i13 end up being your best block punishes, however frame data doesn't tell the whole story, so you'll have to experiment.

AA's, BB's, K's, 2A, 2K, 2B, 3B, 3K are you generic moves and usually between i12 and i15, and even then they're different for everyone, Pyrrha will have very good AA while Siegfried lacks a solid AA

the reverse rage mechanic is better known as the guts system; where as soon as a character hits yellow health, moves that deal under 20 dmg will do around half that much, throws typically deal over 20 dmg

jumping is VERY relevant and pretty much always has been in SC games.

you clearly haven't seen Oofmatic in action, Damp is just as playable as the rest of the cast, and yes EVERY character is viable

Well I decided I want to learn some A-Pat. He has extra difficult execution moves. I feel that the most advanced players who play this game have picked up A-Pat at least a few times. May someone give me some pointers for his set-ups and timing for his just-frame moves?

Well I decided I want to learn some A-Pat. He has extra difficult execution moves. I feel that the most advanced players who play this game have picked up A-Pat at least a few times. May someone give me some pointers for his set-ups and timing for his just-frame moves?

Oh wow, a new APat player! We're only like 5.

There isn't really anything one can offer for the timings. Just go to training mode and repeat the ones that give you trouble until you can do them multiple times in a row. If it helps, a:G:B and JFT (Twister) require 1f slides. 1B:B is precise to 1f, 1A:A:A is precise to 2 and FC 3B (both variants) and BT B+K:B are precise to 3 or4 frames (can't remember).

You can try combining multiple JFs to learn them faster. For example, 1B:B ~ (optional 1B:B ~) FC 3B:B ~ JFT ~ JFT will help with 3 JFs (or even FC 3B BE, 8A+B (RoH) ~ JFT to help with 4, and is more reliable). BT B+K:B ~ 1A:A:A helps with another 2. a:G:B ~ a:G:B ~ 2362B:A (or end with JFT for more help on that, and it's more reliable) to help with the last.

He does a lot of damage for little risk, so you really want to get as much damage in as you can any chance you get. He has multiple ways to lop off 100+ damage (or close to it) with most of the starters being safe (1B:B, 11B, 33B, 44B+K BE, 3B, 66B, BT B+K, B+K, RoH A, CH WR B, CH FC 3B) and some less so (FC 3A+B, a:G:B, JFT, 2A BE). They're all bad on JG anyway.

His throws are great; both the A+G and 214B+G throws give up to (and over sometimes) 100 damage. His side and back throws are 60+ too.

His stances are useful. 214 lets you access FC and WR attacks, TCs, can be buffered, and retreats (whether once or wave dashed). 236 lets you access 8WR attacks (and if you don't follow with any 8WR direction, can let you access neutral attacks, and therefore A, B, K ~ G cancels). It doesn't work for 7, 8, or 9 inputs though. It can also be buffered, TCs, and advances. It's worth looking into these to replace your forward and backward movements (especially backward, since no CH then).

RoH has two attacks, both useful. RoH A is a good anti step is +11+ on hit and ~-3 on block. Its advantage on hit changes depending on the angle it hit, so it can go from +11 to +18 on hit. The BT mixup is potent too on hit. In a lot of cases you can actually jump back to safety after it gets blocked. Naturally, it depends on whom you're against. RoH B isn't particularly useful outside of combos, and serves its role there well. Empty RoH is not useful.

His anti steps aren't as painful as his verticals, but some have their benefits. 2A combos with his CE, 1A:A:A is a low, launches, rings out and wall splats, 3K catches all but lacks range, 4K catches most but has range and good damage, WR A and 33A combo with CE on CH (+ WR A is -4 and results in BT on CH), RoH A, aside from everything above, is a TJ attack, bA is painful but punishable, 4A and 44A both result in a BT opponent), 3A TCs quickly, 22AA stuns and combos with some other stuff, 11K and 11A are lows that put you and your opponent in FC for a bit and 11A knocks down on CH, Jump K combos with CE on CH.

Other useful attacks are FC K (not 2K, that's mostly rubbish), WR K, 6B and 4B push back a bit, 66K combos with CE, is a TJ, tracks quite a bit, and is also only -4, 44K knocks down.

I think that's all I have. Just head on to the alpha section to see the other combos you can try.

Character: yoshi, xiba, cerv
Role: student
Available Time: just send me a message
Platform: Xbox 360
Username: Main War
I need this help on soulcalibur 5 and sadly I don't have a Mic but I still can hear people......

Depending on your mentors, you will never still won't be as good as certain individuals...
Character: UNKNOWN
Role: Destructive Force, Former/Retired King
Available Time: First To X Matches, Variable, Graveyard
Platform: Xbox Live
Username: VileDeath Wave x 3 - Calamity, VDWIII, or
(VDWx3 Calamity)
#JustSayin #RankOne

Character: yoshi, xiba, cerv
Role: student
Available Time: just send me a message
Platform: Xbox 360
Username: Main War
I need this help on soulcalibur 5 and sadly I don't have a Mic but I still can hear people......
If you have facebook you should join this group. It is more active than here at the moment. Just drop any questions that you may have and someone will help you out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/284631121586118/
Depending on your mentors, you will never still won't be as good as certain individuals...
Character: UNKNOWN
Role: Destructive Force, Former/Retired King
Available Time: First To X Matches, Variable, Graveyard
Platform: Xbox Live
Username: VileDeath Wave x 3 - Calamity, VDWIII, or
(VDWx3 Calamity)
#JustSayin #RankOne
Scrub

As you can clearly see how corrupt this place is when a Mod or Admin calls you a Scrub. Plus anyone can be a mod here, like this this trash xiba player here^ who also lags harder than a Canadian.
Party Wolf, You da real lag trash. Don't be trying to bestow me your garbage titles in front of your blind as fans.

If you have facebook you should join this group. It is more active than here at the moment. Just drop any questions that you may have and someone will help you out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/284631121586118/
Yeah this thread was active for a little but with such a decrease in new players in the community its quiet.That FB group is a great resource though.

I very much enjoyed compiling this thread and people together back when it was useful though I'm glad it helped at least a few people ^^

If we ever get a SC6 Ill make sure to work on a thread similar to this pretty early on :)

I'm still alive and can still teach the game but only if they feel like committed/ passionate about learning SC5.
Can teach all characters.

I'm still on Xbox 360
Pacific Eastern Time (I think)
Username: MooseBarrage

{PLEASE PM ME HERE FIRST}
(I will check PMs every once in a while)

Last edited:
Back