Tekken 7 is a thing...

while the 1/4 budget of tekken 5 is a bit interesting... it begs the question, just how much was the budget for Tekken 5? I just can't wait for more information. Arcade release is great and all.. but let's face it, most of us are waiting for console news and more importantly.. which consoles?

Even with the depressed economy, 1/4 the budget sounds incredibly low. I can't imagine that the higher fidelity hardware and development is that inexpensive. It strikes me, then, that developing the engine for Tekken 5 must have been incredibly expensive. The game was a pretty large leap forward what with customization options and brand new throw escape animations, a lot of the tech that they brought from that game has been ported over to the later games in the series.

Edit: And it looks like it was misunderstood or mistranslated. T7 is not cheaper than T5.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ngoh4a

They have a BIGGER budget now, 4 times bigger than they did in Tekken 5
That's good. When I read it was only 1/4 of Tekken 5, I was like "awwww shit it's going to end up like SCV". Hopefully all that extra money will be put to good use with added features.

That's good. When I read it was only 1/4 of Tekken 5, I was like "awwww shit it's going to end up like SCV". Hopefully all that extra money will be put to good use with added features.
Hope so too, even though I'm not a fan of the new features shown this past weekend. We'll see.

They have a BIGGER budget now, 4 times bigger than they did in Tekken 5

Appearently a mistranslation,"Costumes and features cost 1/4th the cost they were back at the time of t5"
so thats what he actually meant to say

So basically...Claudio is Uryu Ishida's (Bleach) and Gene's (Godhand) lovechild?
Glad that's solved.

Claudio doesn't really look like or fight like Rugal, though.

In other news, I finally scored my first official online win in TTT2. Took an hour and a half of player matches to do it, but I finally did it! I don't know how many losses it took to get there, though. A lot, probably. 236 and DP motions are hard.

I read in a forum that the roster of characters in Tekken 7 will include along with new characters, about 35 characters! This scares me because I think that they remove out of the game many favorite characters! And I have no any hopes for the return of Jun Kazama & Kunimitsu....... :(

I read in a forum that the roster of characters in Tekken 7 will include along with new characters, about 35 characters! This scares me because I think that they remove out of the game many favorite characters! And I have no any hopes for the return of Jun Kazama & Kunimitsu....... :(
Jun & Kuni are very likely to return,they're focusing on fan favorites it seems,Tekken revolution should be a good model to follow for returning characters.

Jun & Kuni are very likely to return,they're focusing on fan favorites it seems,Tekken revolution should be a good model to follow for returning characters.

I'm afraid that they'll do the same with SCV, They'll remove many favorite characters... And I don't want that because I like to play with all characters except of Kuma, Panda, Mokujin and Roger... :P I hope to return all the characters from Tekken 6 plus Jun and Kunimitsu along with the new characters.....

I'm afraid that they'll do the same with SCV, They'll remove many favorite characters... And I don't want that because I like to play with all characters except of Kuma, Panda, Mokujin and Roger... :P I hope to return all the characters from Tekken 6 plus Jun and Kunimitsu along with the new characters.....
Don't worry about t7,its not doing a timeskip like scv,tho that may be an issue with tekken 8

around 6-7 tends to be the moment games stop having numbered sequels and go back to the beginning. This one is also called the final battle. so Hadara might retire to focus on his pedo simulator and give the reins to someone else.

Back