Tekken 7 is a thing...

Outplayed.

Well, armor should lose to lows and throws, so... I can just imagine that online'll be a hoot, though.

Wow, that does look like shit.

Also, WTF is up with every next-gen game having ridiculous hitsparks? Spark effects are the new bloom.

Sparks in the game have been confirmed to be adjustable. Namco said the sparks in the location test were on max.

This game is directed towards casuals,confirmed.

That's been Harada's intent from the very beginning.

Though the new stuff is balanced by being weak to lows and throws, if he would just put in a proper tutorial mode that actually goes in-depth about the system mechanics like Arc System Works does with BlazBlue and is currently doing with Guilty Gear Xrd, newbies would have a much easier time learning how to play Tekken.

That's been Harada's intent from the very beginning.

Though the new stuff is balanced by being weak to lows and throws, if he would just put in a proper tutorial mode that actually goes in-depth about the system mechanics like Arc System Works does with BlazBlue and is currently doing with Guilty Gear Xrd, newbies would have a much easier time learning how to play Tekken.
Don't won't happen as long as Harada'a in charge because he believes fighting games should stay stuck in the period when people had to spend months to even years learning all the frame data and shit, thus, in his mind, extending the life of the game. That's the excuse he gave in an interview about why he doesn't want to include frame data in tekken games, as well as other stuff like hitboxes. Which makes no sense, since people working together through the internet nowadays usually figure it all out within a week.

It seems to me like the new mechanics and visual effects is a pathetic attempt to welcome new players in the franchise. I believe the game will have the Tekken 4 effect.

So, uh, haha, say hello to a new character:
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/12/6/new-character-for-tekken-7-revealed-lucky-chloe.html

Lucky Chloe, a cat-themed idol character. Looks like Marie Rose, but perhaps looks a bit older? You can see some capo moves, or some capo-themed moves in her trailer. I don't think I saw any b+1,4 or relaxed stance though, so that's good.

her trailer:

Here's another trailer too:
Graphics look better, new stages look cool. Dragunov's crappy uf+2 got turned into some sort of orbital heel type move, at least on counter hit.

Oh btw, the particle effects look much nicer here, I'm impressed.

Monkey Kung Fu is a great fighting style, with lots of great tricks and ideas that could be used to play around with. Sadly, it's a more aggressive style and not really all that confusing. I imagine that they could add so e confusing elements to Lucky Chloe's move set for trolls to abuse, though.

Lucky Chloe, a cat-themed idol character. Looks like Marie Rose, but perhaps looks a bit older?
Marie Rose was already bad enough, but at least the designer had constraint not to go overboard with the costume. This one is just all the Akihabara fetishes mashed into one for the sake of selling out. It's shameless, I didn't know they could sink this low.

Some designs are just better off in a cartoony game. Lucky Chole is one of them.

Hope SC6 doesn't sell out with to pander to certain fetishes. Big tits seems relatively harmless in that they transcend certain geographical limitations (everyone understands that big titties are great).

The developers there are proud of their japanese influences and quirks, but there is a limit before it starts to become unbearable (like why not a catgirl DLC costume again?). It worries me greatly that they go to such lengths to put something like Lucky Chloe as an ambassador of popular japanese culture.

Tekken didn't die when the android with the chainsaws became a leading character I doubt it's going to die just because a Japanese idol with a cat-paw jacket, monkey Kung fu, and flat English just made the roster.

Now if Gon became the lead character....

So, uh, haha, say hello to a new character:
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/12/6/new-character-for-tekken-7-revealed-lucky-chloe.html

Lucky Chloe, a cat-themed idol character. Looks like Marie Rose, but perhaps looks a bit older? You can see some capo moves, or some capo-themed moves in her trailer. I don't think I saw any b+1,4 or relaxed stance though, so that's good.

her trailer:

I don't like any of the new 3 characters they revealed until now. May be later on they are fun to play, I don't deny that, but their design...I find them so plain and generic, they don't have charisma.

Welp, this is definitely a character that I will never, ever highlight on the select screen.

Claudio is still the only appealing new character to me.

Back