Tekken 7 is a thing...

I'm totally reading Madnis's posts in Foghorn Leghorn's voice.
"Pay attention to me, boy! I'm not just talkin' to hear my head roar."

Last edited:
I love you.....

YOU GOT IT!!!!!

I was totally going for Foghorn Leghorn
I was going for other character personas in my other posts as well.

see if you can find them!

Except for the last one. I was trying to go for Frank Underwood, but he's too intelligent, and I tried, but came out too crass. dah well...

Last edited:
Just gonna leave this here.
Mignon-2nd.jpg

That's the thing. Making a comparison between costumes and then saying it was ripped, or even inspired is a very ludicrous thing to say. Especially when the only thing that they have in common is that they're cat ears, a jacket of sorts and a tail. I'd harly call that inspiration for Lucky Chloe. That's like making the declaration that all breakdancers were inspired from Eddy Gordo.
*sigh*
Inspiration can be drawn form anything you see,now when i said "the cat part",meaning only the cat ears and the cat gloves were inspired by the only other cat costumed character I've seen in FGs(because i haven't played all FGs),I actually meant that "only the cat parts of the costume" was inspired from her,the "totally" part comes from our usual was of talking ehn teens say "my dad is totally going to kill me",we know that they don't mean that.All FG developers have seen what their competitors have to offer,they will be competing with it and may draw inspirations from it.Saying that i can't compare two characters who look similar in some way,is like saying that i can't compare a tiger with a lion.
Are you serious? So the opinions of those who believe that global warming doesn't exist is a valid opinion and thus can't be wrong, because there is no such thing as a wrong opinion. Understand something that's based in reality and not your mother's lectures to make you feel better. Your opinion has weight only if it's a credible source. Your idea has merit if AND ONLY IF you know what you're talking about. OF WHICH, you don't.

I'm speaking to you about this topic from a professional and academic standpoint. My opinion has more weight than yours. So yes. You can have bad ideas. You can make wrong assumptions. and your opinion has ZERO credibility.
it's like you're someone who's ignorant of science, trying to educate Neil Degrasse Tyson on astrophysics. And when he tries to tell you what's what, you come back and say something stupid like, "my opinion is valid because it's my opinion."
Just because its not wrong doesn't mean that its correct,an opinion is what i think about something,like if smeone asks me, to look at a book and say what i think of it, and i say "It looks boring",can that be considered right or wrong?
Neither fit,it may be to some,and may not be to others.
I know what i'm talking about,i'm talking about a part of a character's costume resembling a part of another character's costume.
If you are by profession a designer,then it is possible for you to draw inspiration from ANYTHING you have seen in you life.If someone,compares your work to something you have seen in your life,and if there is any similarity,then that comparison can be considered true,because there is a similarity.
Again, the characters I showed you in that big hero 6 video HAD NO TALKING. Only actions. Yet you were able to read their personalities clearly based on their actions. If you pay attention to the way Lucky Chloe carries herself, in her actions as well as words, you can read into her personality.

She's is a cheerful character, but also has a flare for dramatics, and the makings of a TV personality. She's upbeat and playful, and can dance. Thus she has rhythm. She is the makings of a pop idol. very much like that Miku character. Again, she will be the spokesgirl for Tekken. When the game is introduced to folks in and around the world, expect a cosplay of Lucky Chloe to accompany Harada. BECAUSE HER CHARACTER IMMEDIATELY LENDS ITSELF TO THIS ROLE.

As for it being common and one-dimensional, this is a fighting game. Most characters tend to be one-dimensional, and haven't grown in I don't know, ever? They all match up with archtypes but guess what? IF YOU'RE TRYING TO BE A POP IDOL, How would you expect them to act? moody? melancholic? or excited, cheerful and happy?

Do yourself a favor.

admit you don't know anything. Apologize. and come on in for a hug.
Harada has said nothing about her origins or role,most people have identified her as a TV personality,but then again,Harada has tweeted "She has a big secret".So that COULD mean that she's not a TV pop idol,it could mean anything.
One dimensional characters are all there is but the "cheerful" personality is shared by so many characters,that is is becoming annoying,since tekken 3,every new female(besides zafina and leo) have this personality.Females can also be rude,cocky,arrogant,determined,this cheerful stereotyping is in itself sexist,and its from the developers themselves.

And do yourself a favor,admit that your overreacting,that is the only sensible thing to do,people can say anything,you shouldn't be easily offended by everything.
This discussion is literally based on the stupid comment that you said out of ignorance about her visual design.
Taokaka? really? As for movelist, I have no qualms about her moves as I don't know her entire movelist. From what I've seen, it's not bad at all. Her moves isn't what we're talking about. WE'RE talking about her visual design.
Again,a "part" of her costume,what part of the word "part" is so confusing here?
A thousand crush moves and flips,yeah its nothing new.Even Bob,a male character has those,they may be good but they're not new,like marduk and Steve were in tekken 4,or Raven,Feng,Lili and Dragunov were in tekken 5,and every character in tekken 6,they were all completely new.Now,we're just getting a new character with old moves,and i'm supposed to be happy about it?
And, if you're buying the game because of one character than you really are stupid. But the opportunity that Lucky Chloe presents goes beyond gameplay because again, She is a pop idol. She is a tv personality. She can advertise the game. much like this:

tumblr_m52c67PlVb1r8clxxo1_500.gif

she owns them.
Aren't that current characters not good enough for advertisement?

how sexist of you to mention only the female fighters in the game. Any character that looks like they're willing to scrap are fighters.

All those characters you listed? have shown athletic ability not just in their visual design, but in their actions as well.
So apparently, yes. They look like fighters.
So you want gender equality?
Fine,Sebastian,Bob & Wang also don't look like they can fight.
Their athletic ability is just the moves that the developers gave them,Bob's physical appearance disagrees with the athletic capability he displays,most female's physical appearance also disagrees with what they can do,i mean does Xiaoyu really look like she can toss around Marduk?

So my point is that the reason for the negative backlash is not "she doesn't look like a fighter",the only female character that i can think of who looks like a fighter is Taki.

Then again for equality,why don't people go ahead and ask the developers to make cocky,arrogant,psychotic or evil females huh?
Because they only want females to look cute,that is all.
case in point:

Your mother can look like a fighter when she needs to. Your mother can look like a saint and a calm little thing when she needs to. But does she look like a fighter on the regular? No. That's what it means to be multi-dimensional.

In that case, I guess Xiaoyu, Leo, Lucky Chloe, Asuka, Zafina, Nina and Anna all are multidimensional characters.
You don't know what a fighter looks like.
pretty obvious if you actually watch the video and not say "oh i hate this character". I'm sure you can easily see her being a tv personality.

Well you know what? If you insist on it, and constantly putting it out into the universe that energy of want and need for madnis to call you stupid.

Then here it is..

You're stupid.

Your actions are stupid. Your replies have been stupid. Making me go and dissect your post is stupid, because at least then I might have missed something. Even trying to discuss with me the idea that you know what you're talking about is stupid. Because you have proven again and again that you don't. And then when I try to help you, educate you, and correct you, again. I AM A PROFESSIONAL in this industry, as well as AN ACADEMIC. I know what I'm talking about. But the fact that you hide behind "it's my opinion and I can't be wrong because it's my opinion" is stupid.

Your actions have consistently proven otherwise beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are stupid. So congratulations.
And all you've shown is extreme butthurt,and incapability to accept a tiny comparision between two characters.If you overreact this much,you might as well put me on your ignore list,because if I see a similarity between two things,even if its a very tiny similarity,i will highlight it and compare it.
University teachers who are full time and have an expansive background in education get paid well that they can live a comfortable life. It also depends on the university they're teaching at because said university requires a certain caliber of instructor. Not to mention, cost of living. Most schools, and most places of education, the teachers aren't paid much.
Whether they are paid enough is judged by what they can do to their students,some of my own teachers i think are not paid enough,while others i believe are paid too much,even though they both have the same salary.Nevertheless teaching is a paid job.
But I also like that you're trying to tell me that teachers don't want to teach and are just in it because they couldn't land a better job. But they still get paid well. Ha. Teachers teach because they love education. I teach because it's amazes me when a student comes in and knows nothing of the program they're working on and in ten weeks they can produce studio quality work. The fact that I had a hand in their learning process is an extreme honor. Don't take that kinda shit lightly.
I didn't say that about all teachers,only those who have themselves said so,teaching a person something takes skill and effort,while some have that skill,they are unwilling to put in the effort,and others who
Need I need more proof of your blatant stupidity?
CASE after CASE after CASE.
The fact that you're not reading my posts to understand what i'm trying to say,and just reading to reply,is in itself stupid,when i say "a part of" you always read it as "all of".That is stupid,that is ignorant,that is butthurt.
If the ideas behind your posts had weight, say an interview where they expressly said your claims and not your own "oh this is what I think happened", I'd take you more seriously.

You see, I also take issue with this because I have friends who work their asses off coming up with the characters for you to shit on and you make it seem like Harada went to the art director and said I want a character that looks like this and hands them 3 drawings and then he tells them to make a combination of them all.
Thats human.I will say that which i can see.
It all starts with this question:
What is my character's job/function?

and it grows into there with the rest of her persona, which includes visual designs.

But here you come and say something stupid like, THEY RIPPED OFF no excuse me THEY WERE INSPIRED BY TAOKAKA, EILEEN, AND MARIE ROSE FROM DOA!! NAMCOBANDAI SUCKS! HARADA SUCKS! TEKKEN SUCKS!

Yeah, you don't sound stupid and ignorant at all.
So what you're trying to say is,that no matter how similar two characters look,even if they look the same,there is no chance that they were insipired by each other.If i was "ignorant" then i would make that assumption,i would not try to accept the fact that they actually look similar,instead i would "ignore" other's claims and explanations and say they are definitely unique and original,like you are.
this isn't a debate. This is education.
I'm teaching you about yourself, and the stupidity that holds you, and I'm going to make you grow into someone
who isn't completely stupid. Especially when you're discussing a topic as broad as character design.
You should go to your school and thank your teachers, boy. They're doing you a great service.
You're just too stupid to see it.

until your next lesson, boy.
What you seem to be doing,is just reading half of my words,twisting their meaning beyond belief and calling me stupid about it.I know that my teachers are doing a great deal for me,I have only them to thank for all my achievements,but SOME of they have admitted themselves that they would do something else if they could,when I share that with you,you're like "so you think that all teachers teach because they couldn't do anything better?",all this ignorance is all from you.

You have only taught me that some people in this world can be very over-reactive,and it is best not to interact with such people,and for that I thank you.If you can show me how this character is unique,then do so.If this character design took a lot of effort,then show me how it did so.

A forward.

Before responding to @sspaajms120 I wanted to address everyone else.
I hope you guys realize he's trolling, and while humoring him I'm also taking the time
to educate you guys a little bit of what all goes into designing a character.

Most of what I say is directed at him, but the knowledge I'm giving is useful.

Therefore, if a nitwit actually tries to tell you what's what, you can also go and educate that person
a little bit as well. Also, if you have a friend or a classmate who you see doodling, you can help
that person improve his/her character. And thus contribute to the character's design.

What kind of professor would I be if I didn't profess my knowledge to those who actually listen?
I'm also more than willing to take questions.
And now, on with the show.

*sigh*
Inspiration can be drawn form anything you see,now when i said "the cat part",meaning only the cat ears and the cat gloves were inspired by the only other cat costumed character I've seen in FGs(because i haven't played all FGs),I actually meant that "only the cat parts of the costume" was inspired from her,the "totally" part comes from our usual was of talking ehn teens say "my dad is totally going to kill me",we know that they don't mean that.All FG developers have seen what their competitors have to offer,they will be competing with it and may draw inspirations from it.Saying that i can't compare two characters who look similar in some way,is like saying that i can't compare a tiger with a lion.

hmm. Now you have made several valid points. Anyone can draw inspiration from anything we see. Developers SEE competitors and may draw inspirations from THOSE characters. But LISTEN NOW, you're making an assumption based on your own perception. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, yet you're making BOLD CLAIMS simply because you're ignorant of other "fighting" games, and most likely other forms of SUBCULTURE. So it is.

You have to understand that another word for inspiration from the art community is to literally RIP OFF an idea. Therefore, when you see a character that was inspired by another character, elements of that character would immediately stand out. Would they not? So it is. From name to design. ie. Thanos is a rip off of Darkseid, Deathstroke/Deadpool, Green arrow/Hawk eye and the list goes on.

If lucky chloe was wearing a trench coat with a hoodie, and the paws go further than is proportionate and can come out with claws then I would be more inclined to believe that Taokaka was an inspiration for Lucky Chloe. As it stands, just having general features that share the barest minimal amount in common would likely lend itself to saying the opposite of your claim. Thus you have no claim. So it is.

Now you can compare a tiger and a Lion, but you would also go in understanding they're completely different breeds of Feline. much of it is the same here, they're both neko characters in a sense but they're completely different. Would you say that someone took inspiration to draw a Tiger from a Lion? NO OF COURSE NOT! The would look likely take that inspiration from a tiger. THUS YOU SEE, SO IT IS.

Just because its not wrong doesn't mean that its correct,an opinion is what i think about something,like if smeone asks me, to look at a book and say what i think of it, and i say "It looks boring",can that be considered right or wrong?

You're right. You are entitled to not like something. And that would be the correct use of stating an opinion. Backing it up by saying she's a rip off of another character, is where you're wrong. Because now you're mixing your opinion with what you think of as fact, when that may or may not be the case. You have no idea. I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet that Miku is a closer match to what they were thinking about than yours. Basing it off what I've seen of the character thus far. I could be wrong too in that, but Taokaka, Lucky Chloe is not. So if you don't like the way she looks, just say I don't like the way she looks. And no one will fault you. Say she's a blatant rip or she was inspired by another character goes into a territory you literally know nothing about. Would you care to provide more information? You can't? then it is an ASSUMPTION. so it is.

Neither fit,it may be to some,and may not be to others.
I know what i'm talking about,i'm talking about a part of a character's costume resembling a part of another character's costume.

In which, they LITERALLY not FIGURATIVELY, don't resemble each other. And other people in this thread have shown you similar character archtypes that fit into the same area of design for the character. Is Taokaka ripping off Felicia then? Is Baiken ripping of Hsein-Ko? You look a their designs and they don't add up together. You're reaching for this comparison that's nonexistent and you're looking like the idiot. At this point, this is where your friends would tell you shut up because you're embarrassing yourself. Lucky for you this is the internet. People can act senseless, but we can't have that all the time can we? So it is.

If you are by profession a designer,then it is possible for you to draw inspiration from ANYTHING you have seen in you life.If someone,compares your work to something you have seen in your life,and if there is any similarity,then that comparison can be considered true,because there is a similarity.

That's your perception. Perception drives your reality. Just because you see the similarity doesn't mean the artist did as well. That doesn't immediately mean the artist saw this similarity, drew the inspiration from his/her experience added with this other thing that happened to someone else. That generally doesn't happen.

you know what we call that?

A COINCIDENCE.

If a coincidence it seems to be, a coincidence it can be. SO IT IS.

Harada has said nothing about her origins or role,most people have identified her as a TV personality,but then again,Harada has tweeted "She has a big secret".So that COULD mean that she's not a TV pop idol,it could mean anything.

you're right. So we're just going to have to sit tight and watch, won't we? Yes? So it is.

One dimensional characters are all there is but the "cheerful" personality is shared by so many characters,that is is becoming annoying,since tekken 3,every new female(besides zafina and leo) have this personality.Females can also be rude,cocky,arrogant,determined,this cheerful stereotyping is in itself sexist,and its from the developers themselves.

Katalina is cocky. Anna is sexy. Asuka is a go-getter. Lili is a spoiled brat. Xiaoyu is faithful/loyal. Miharu is depressed. Alisa has no real emotion as she's a robot, she's programmed to be polite. Jaycee is flamboyant.
But they can all be cheerful. because being cheerful is an emotion. as is being rude. cocky. They're all emotions.
not just adjectives. labeling one character as one type of emotion and one type of adjective is literally being one dimensional. Know what you're talking about before spouting at the lip, boy. So it is.

And do yourself a favor,admit that your overreacting,that is the only sensible thing to do,people can say anything,you shouldn't be easily offended by everything.

Ah, but i'm not offended in the sense that you're thinking. I'm offended by the fact and I repeat the fact
THAT YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT SHIT WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

and you continue to talk as if you do. And I said before, you've been trolling since your first response, I'm really just taking the time to educate.

REMEMBER, this is not a debate. THIS IS EDUCATION! because EDUCATION. IS. KEY.
so it is.

Again,a "part" of her costume,what part of the word "part" is so confusing here?
A thousand crush moves and flips,yeah its nothing new.Even Bob,a male character has those,they may be good but they're not new,like marduk and Steve were in tekken 4,or Raven,Feng,Lili and Dragunov were in tekken 5,and every character in tekken 6,they were all completely new.Now,we're just getting a new character with old moves,and i'm supposed to be happy about it?

You can be whatever you want about it. You seem to have gotten a lot of out of this 1 minute something odd trailer, and yet, you continue to act ignorant. And when they give you Katalina with Savate, Claudio with his own unique style and Lucky Chloe with a style that suits her personality. you bitch. bitch. bitch. Not to mention, YOU'RE GETTING MORE CHARACTERS. Do yourself a favor so you can be happy. quiet yourself. watch the fireworks. and enjoy life. It's clear you're bitching for no real reason.

oops I broke character. damn. I'll see if I can remix it back into that character. I'll. be. back.

Aren't that current characters not good enough for advertisement?

oh what's one more? And one that's made to host an audience?

So you want gender equality?
Fine,Sebastian,Bob & Wang also don't look like they can fight.

as wang says, Strength isn't everything. And if you think bob can't fight, you must think this dude can't fight either:
Sammo_TSP1.png

but trust me when I tell you, He would beat your ass like a red headed step child.

Their athletic ability is just the moves that the developers gave them,Bob's physical appearance disagrees with the athletic capability he displays,most female's physical appearance also disagrees with what they can do,i mean does Xiaoyu really look like she can toss around Marduk?

and this is what we call character design. yes? SO it is. Physics aren't meant to be real in a fighting game. But that doesn't mean Xiaoyu can't fight. Can see? Well of course she can. We seen her in drawings where she's training, heard about her feats when she was first introduced in Tekken 3, this is all leads to her character design, dear boy.
and her fighting style is based on real martial arts. And if she can get Marduk off balance, she can toss around the big boy. Just not to the degree we see in tekken. But if Marduk catches her, it's over. Much like the viper vs the mountain. So it is.

So my point is that the reason for the negative backlash is not "she doesn't look like a fighter",the only female character that i can think of who looks like a fighter is Taki.

How very sexist of you.

Then again for equality,why don't people go ahead and ask the developers to make cocky,arrogant,psychotic or evil females huh?
Because they only want females to look cute,that is all.

Hello? Tira? Yeah I have a dumbass here for you... he's talking like he knows what he's talking about and get this.. he says there are no psychotic/evil females in video games.. Right? Harley quinn would totally get a kick of that, hold on. Let me get a group conference call going.

You don't know what a fighter looks like.

giphy.gif

And all you've shown is extreme butthurt,and incapability to accept a tiny comparision between two characters.If you overreact this much,you might as well put me on your ignore list,because if I see a similarity between two things,even if its a very tiny similarity,i will highlight it and compare it.

Emma-Stones-Hysterical-Laugh-Gif.gif

Whether they are paid enough is judged by what they can do to their students,some of my own teachers i think are not paid enough,while others i believe are paid too much,even though they both have the same salary.Nevertheless teaching is a paid job.

*stewie's voice*
oh.. wait.. are.. are we back to be being serious now? Are we back on the teacher thing? Yes.. you should leave that alone. Don't talk about that. well.. you shouldn't talk at all, but if you're going to talk about something. Don't talk about that. You'll rue the day.

I didn't say that about all teachers,only those who have themselves said so,teaching a person something takes skill and effort,while some have that skill,they are unwilling to put in the effort,and others who

You see there is a idiom that teacher's say to themselves. You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it drink.
Teachers, all teachers know what type of student you are the moment they see you in their class.

How you act, and how you take in the information.

You see, the common secret that most teachers have is that the students are in fact teaching themselves. We're simply guiding them. So any teacher you deem as unwilling to put in the effort is either A, deemed you as uninterested in the topic, B, a horrible student, or C, they really don't want to be there in which case they won't be there for much longer.

The fact that you're not reading my posts to understand what i'm trying to say,and just reading to reply,is in itself stupid,when i say "a part of" you always read it as "all of".That is stupid,that is ignorant,that is butthurt.

no. I'm attacking your statements and comparisons because you have no actual grounds to stand on. You just don't understand that, or rather YOU DON'T want to understand that. And you continually reply with something completely asinine, and I'm being facetious. My response to your posts have been flippant at best.

not only that. But I love how you're continuing on as if you do and you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper.
Especially when I made my post about people's reasons for having beef with Lucky Chloe.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You just know you don't like her. so you blame her design. Not knowing how broad the topic of design actually is. Someone like you, is pathetic in truth. Because you try to justify your reasons for dislike on something you know little to nothing about. So when I try to educate you, you scoff.

I feel sorry for your teachers, boy. Because you're too stubborn to see your own ignorance.

Thats human.I will say that which i can see.

Then you need to broaden your point of view.
tumblr_mluhyyA0Nn1s6t13do1_500.gif

So what you're trying to say is,that no matter how similar two characters look,even if they look the same,there is no chance that they were insipired by each other.

No what I'm saying is, YOU don't know what went on behind the scenes enough to make that claim.

If i was "ignorant"
which you are
then i would make that assumption,
which you do.
i would not try to accept the fact that they actually look similar,
nope.
instead i would "ignore" other's claims and explanations and say they are definitely unique and original,like you are.
and here you're wrong entirely.

You see, if a character was ripped from another character, even with the slightest bit of ripping, that all comes through in the character design. We see it clear as day. Kazuya = Vegeta, Lee = Trunks, king = tiger mask, Law = Bruce lee, Lei = Jackie Chan. Jaycee = tiger dream. It's there. Clear as day, that was the thought process behind it.

seeing this:

1418035114-tekken-7-lucky-chloe-5-220x.jpg

=
bb-taokaka.jpg

is a stretch. a huge stretch.

They share NO REAL COMMON GROUND in terms of design. they share similarities in cat paws, tails, and ears only. And how they're drawn out is not the same. How they carry themselves is not the same. How the cat ears, paws, and tail is made to suit the character IS NOT THE SAME.

You're stupid, boy for even thinking it.

What you seem to be doing,is just reading half of my words,twisting their meaning beyond belief and calling me stupid about it.

NOPE, WRONG AGAIN! I'm reading what you're doing. Showing you its meaning while debunking your stupidity, all the while educating you and others why you're wrong, and then asking you to come correct.

I know that my teachers are doing a great deal for me,
as you should.
I have only them to thank for all my achievements,
AS IS RIGHT!
but SOME of they have admitted themselves that they would do something else if they could,when I share that with you, you're like "so you think that all teachers teach because they couldn't do anything better?",all this ignorance is all from you.

Well if any teacher has admitted to you they would rather do something else, they're not teachers, professors nor are they instructors.
Don't label them as such.

teachers teach. Professors profess. Instructors instruct.

All of which want to help you gain an education. Especially when it comes to college. You're there because you want to learn whatever it is you want to do in life. But I understand from a educator's standpoint that it can be hard sometimes because we have to try to get you (the students) motivated on a topic you want to learn but have no apparent interest in learning. And it can get tiring, so I can understand sometimes when an educator says they would rather do something else. Because it always shouldn't have to be a battle. But it is. Sometimes, an educator tries to force a horse to drink from the well, but it refuses. Much like what you're doing here. Instead of accepting the knowledge I'm giving you, you're shitten away.

You have only taught me that some people in this world can be very over-reactive,and it is best not to interact with such people,and for that I thank you.If you can show me how this character is unique,then do so.If this character design took a lot of effort,then show me how it did so.

Remember when I said the student teaches themselves? that's because I'm guiding you. I've shown you where you're wrong. I've told you and gave you visual examples and queues how you can find your own conclusions and not base it on unfounded claims.

a proper student, an educated student would take what I say, find it and learn from it.

If you want me to hold your hand throughout the process, Then what exactly are you learning?

THINK, BOY! think.

and if that's all I taught you. I truly do feel sorry for your teachers. Because you're a hand holder. You're a special case. You're the most tiring student of all. Because you will tend to fall behind the rest of the class, I bet.
especially if you were in an art class. I would ask you to come in for private tutoring lessons. Because you need that extra attention.

Last edited:
I just wanted to talk about lucky chloe and I don't wanna read over that wall of text wow.

hmm. Now you have made several valid points. Anyone can draw inspiration from anything we see. Developers SEE competitors and may draw inspirations from THOSE characters. But LISTEN NOW, you're making an assumption based on your own perception. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, yet you're making BOLD CLAIMS simply because you're ignorant of other "fighting" games, and most likely other forms of SUBCULTURE. So it is.
I've made an assumption,yes,but as i said before,the word "totally" is not really meant to be very meaningful,i am not passing a verdict,i am not making a bold claim,i am simply making an assumption from what i think i see.If you thought that was was making a clear-cut guaranteed claim of what they are doing back there,then i apologize for the misunderstanding,i will attempt to make my posts based off plain english instead of the general slang we are used to.
You have to understand that another word for inspiration from the art community is to literally RIP OFF an idea. Therefore, when you see a character that was inspired by another character, elements of that character would immediately stand out. Would they not? So it is. From name to design. ie. Thanos is a rip off of Darkseid, Deathstroke/Deadpool, Green arrow/Hawk eye and the list goes on.

If lucky chloe was wearing a trench coat with a hoodie, and the paws go further than is proportionate and can come out with claws then I would be more inclined to believe that Taokaka was an inspiration for Lucky Chloe. As it stands, just having general features that share the barest minimal amount in common would likely lend itself to saying the opposite of your claim. Thus you have no claim. So it is.
there is a very tiny similarity between the two,namely the cat claws and ears,that is all i was pointing out,nothing more,the "totally"was used figuratively and not literally.
Now you can compare a tiger and a Lion, but you would also go in understanding they're completely different breeds of Feline. much of it is the same here, they're both neko characters in a sense but they're completely different. Would you say that someone took inspiration to draw a Tiger from a Lion? NO OF COURSE NOT! The would look likely take that inspiration from a tiger. THUS YOU SEE, SO IT IS.
can't disagree with that.
You're right. You are entitled to not like something. And that would be the correct use of stating an opinion. Backing it up by saying she's a rip off of another character, is where you're wrong. Because now you're mixing your opinion with what you think of as fact, when that may or may not be the case. You have no idea. I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet that Miku is a closer match to what they were thinking about than yours. Basing it off what I've seen of the character thus far. I could be wrong too in that, but Taokaka, Lucky Chloe is not. So if you don't like the way she looks, just say I don't like the way she looks. And no one will fault you. Say she's a blatant rip or she was inspired by another character goes into a territory you literally know nothing about. Would you care to provide more information? You can't? then it is an ASSUMPTION. so it is.
Yes it is an assumption,not a clear-cut verdict,
In which, they LITERALLY not FIGURATIVELY, don't resemble each other. And other people in this thread have shown you similar character archtypes that fit into the same area of design for the character. Is Taokaka ripping off Felicia then? Is Baiken ripping of Hsein-Ko? You look a their designs and they don't add up together. You're reaching for this comparison that's nonexistent and you're looking like the idiot. At this point, this is where your friends would tell you shut up because you're embarrassing yourself. Lucky for you this is the internet. People can act senseless, but we can't have that all the time can we? So it is.
they do not resemble each other in any way,except the presence of cat arm gloves and cat ears,there is nothing else that they have in common,and there is nothing else i was comparing about them besides the two listed items.

That's your perception. Perception drives your reality. Just because you see the similarity doesn't mean the artist did as well. That doesn't immediately mean the artist saw this similarity, drew the inspiration from his/her experience added with this other thing that happened to someone else. That generally doesn't happen.

you know what we call that?

A COINCIDENCE.

If a coincidence it seems to be, a coincidence it can be. SO IT IS.
It may be a coincidence,but if it was i would not know so,unless the artist/designer himself/herself told me,so until i knew it,i would assume,i.e. the first thing that would come to my mind,the first thing that i would say,is that the artist/designer's work was inspired by such.And the first post you replied to was me saying the first thing that came to my mind.
Katalina is cocky. Anna is sexy. Asuka is a go-getter. Lili is a spoiled brat. Xiaoyu is faithful/loyal. Miharu is depressed. Alisa has no real emotion as she's a robot, she's programmed to be polite. Jaycee is flamboyant.
But they can all be cheerful. because being cheerful is an emotion. as is being rude. cocky. They're all emotions.
not just adjectives. labeling one character as one type of emotion and one type of adjective is literally being one dimensional.
Miharu is depressed? Where did you get that from?
Also "Lucky" is an adjective,so that is itself making her one dimensional,Xiaoyu has shown the "determined" type of personality in TBV,which is the most they have shown in terms of storyline.
Ah, but i'm not offended in the sense that you're thinking. I'm offended by the fact and I repeat the fact
THAT YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT SHIT WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

and you continue to talk as if you do. And I said before, you've been trolling since your first response, I'm really just taking the time to educate.

REMEMBER, this is not a debate. THIS IS EDUCATION! because EDUCATION. IS. KEY.
so it is.
See here's what i'll tell you I don't know "all" about the character,i've been saying that i dislike her,not because of what she looks like,but because of what we've seen her do in the trailer,her movelist,thats why i don't like her because there is more to fighting than backflips,and i would have liked to see more than backflips in a new character,but if the majority of the crowd likes it,then i guess i don't matter.
You can be whatever you want about it. You seem to have gotten a lot of out of this 1 minute something odd trailer, and yet, you continue to act ignorant. And when they give you Katalina with Savate, Claudio with his own unique style and Lucky Chloe with a style that suits her personality. you bitch. bitch. bitch. Not to mention, YOU'RE GETTING MORE CHARACTERS. Do yourself a favor so you can be happy. quiet yourself. watch the fireworks. and enjoy life. It's clear you're bitching for no real reason.
I would have just made one post about it and stopped there,but you replied,so it would be rude to leave you without a response,hence all of this.But like i said i don't see any personality in her,its not really possible to do so from a 46 second video,but i guess i am being too judgmental about a character we've seen so little of.
oh what's one more? And one that's made to host an audience?
Lili is still popular,8 years later,she can still rack up a huge audience,without any problem,oh wait there are those that dislike her too.
as wang says, Strength isn't everything. And if you think bob can't fight, you must think this dude can't fight either:
Sammo_TSP1.png

but trust me when I tell you, He would beat your ass like a red headed step child.

and this is what we call character design. yes? SO it is. Physics aren't meant to be real in a fighting game. But that doesn't mean Xiaoyu can't fight. Can see? Well of course she can. We seen her in drawings where she's training, heard about her feats when she was first introduced in Tekken 3, this is all leads to her character design, dear boy.
and her fighting style is based on real martial arts. And if she can get Marduk off balance, she can toss around the big boy. Just not to the degree we see in tekken. But if Marduk catches her, it's over. Much like the viper vs the mountain. So it is.
Of course physics don't matter in a fighting game,thats why i said that her looks are not the problem.Now according to the storyline anything can be achieved by any character,should the developer wish that he would,same goes for movies,which is where you got that picture from i presume.
How very sexist of you.
How can what i said be called sexist when a common expression for "courtesy" such as "Ladies first" can be considered as "good manners"?
Hello? Tira? Yeah I have a dumbass here for you... he's talking like he knows what he's talking about and get this.. he says there are no psychotic/evil females in video games.. Right? Harley quinn would totally get a kick of that, hold on. Let me get a group conference call going.
I dadn't sey that there aren't any,I said why don't people ask for it?
Like why the fans themselves not demand a psycho evil character,because most male players only want cute female characters.

BTW harley quinn was originally a TV show character.not a video game character.

What i'm talking about is the professional combat sports fighters like those who work out regularly and have the muscle to fight,wear protection(as should all fighters,if they know that they're in for a fight).But i understand the confusion.
*stewie's voice*
oh.. wait.. are.. are we back to be being serious now? Are we back on the teacher thing? Yes.. you should leave that alone. Don't talk about that. well.. you shouldn't talk at all, but if you're going to talk about something. Don't talk about that. You'll rue the day.
To be honest the teacher thing came around because you tossed the term "schooled",personally i don't want to discuss that either.
no. I'm attacking your statements and comparisons because you have no actual grounds to stand on. You just don't understand that, or rather YOU DON'T want to understand that. And you continually reply with something completely asinine, and I'm being facetious. My response to your posts have been flippant at best.

not only that. But I love how you're continuing on as if you do and you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper.
Especially when I made my post about people's reasons for having beef with Lucky Chloe.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You just know you don't like her. so you blame her design. Not knowing how broad the topic of design actually is. Someone like you, is pathetic in truth. Because you try to justify your reasons for dislike on something you know little to nothing about. So when I try to educate you, you scoff.
I made a minor comparison based on a minor similarity,you shouldn't have taken that seriously in the first place,you should have just let it go.I have repeated quite a few times,that its just a small part,a small comparison,you don't need to have a very large base to make a small comparison.
I know what i dislike about her,i have also taken the time to see what other people dislike about her.I dislike her moves,others dislike how she doesn't "fit in",or how "she doesn't look like a fighter,or how she's another character who is simply made for sex appeal,people have all kinds of reasons to dislike her.
there isn't just one reason,but the thing is that this time around,more people have disliked her for more reasons.That is bad publicity especially for a game that is trying to revive itself.
Then you need to broaden your point of view.
If you're looking at too big a picture,then you miss several details,because there is too much to focus on,concentrate on what you think is important.

No what I'm saying is, YOU don't know what went on behind the scenes enough to make that claim.
of course i don't hence i made an assumption,not a claim.
You see, if a character was ripped from another character, even with the slightest bit of ripping, that all comes through in the character design. We see it clear as day. Kazuya = Vegeta, Lee = Trunks, king = tiger mask, Law = Bruce lee, Lei = Jackie Chan. Jaycee = tiger dream. It's there. Clear as day, that was the thought process behind it.

seeing this:

1418035114-tekken-7-lucky-chloe-5-220x.jpg

=
bb-taokaka.jpg

is a stretch. a huge stretch.

They share NO REAL COMMON GROUND in terms of design. they share similarities in cat paws, tails, and ears only.
the last underlined bit is all i'm trying to say,a minor comparison,nothing more.I hope that is clear to you now.
You're stupid, boy for even thinking it.

NOPE, WRONG AGAIN! I'm reading what you're doing. Showing you its meaning while debunking your stupidity, all the while educating you and others why you're wrong, and then asking you to come correct.

as you should. AS IS RIGHT!

Well if any teacher has admitted to you they would rather do something else, they're not teachers, professors nor are they instructors.
Don't label them as such.

teachers teach. Professors profess. Instructors instruct.

All of which want to help you gain an education. Especially when it comes to college. You're there because you want to learn whatever it is you want to do in life. But I understand from a educator's standpoint that it can be hard sometimes because we have to try to get you (the students) motivated on a topic you want to learn but have no apparent interest in learning. And it can get tiring, so I can understand sometimes when an educator says they would rather do something else. Because it always shouldn't have to be a battle. But it is. Sometimes, an educator tries to force a horse to drink from the well, but it refuses. Much like what you're doing here. Instead of accepting the knowledge I'm giving you, you're shitten away.
All you're telling me is that there is no grounds to compare them besides the cat ears,tail and paws,all i'm telling you is that thats all i'm comparing,what am i "shitten" away here,you are simply not understanding what i'm saying.
Remember when I said the student teaches themselves? that's because I'm guiding you. I've shown you where you're wrong. I've told you and gave you visual examples and queues how you can find your own conclusions and not base it on unfounded claims.

a proper student, an educated student would take what I say, find it and learn from it.

If you want me to hold your hand throughout the process, Then what exactly are you learning?

THINK, BOY! think.

and if that's all I taught you. I truly do feel sorry for your teachers. Because you're a hand holder. You're a special case. You're the most tiring student of all. Because you will tend to fall behind the rest of the class, I bet.
especially if you were in an art class. I would ask you to come in for private tutoring lessons. Because you need that extra attention.
See there,you're doing what you have been accusing me of doing all along,you're making a bold claim about that which you don't know,only you've taken it too far,you are making it personal.

If this was "education" then you would also listen to me,so that we had an understanding,but you are not understanding what i'm saying,a teacher needs to know his student before he tries to teach them because otherwise it will be a waste of time.

FYI i'm not the kind who is behind the rest,i'm the one who is ahead of the rest ,sometimes even ahead of the teacher,because while others see things in a very complicated light,i don', see it as simply as possible,i get what the lesson is supposed to mean,others even come to me for advice and explanations,before going to the teacher himself.

Now if we have an understanding,can we please drop this?

oh, this isn't about the character Lucky Chloe exclusively. this is about character design.

#educate

oh, this isn't about the character Lucky Chloe exclusively. this is about character design.

#educate
I just read some of these essays. It was entertaining to say the least.
The things you said in your last posts about character design are probably common knowledge. The character design, the outfits, how the personality is reflected. No one's disputing that. It's just that, I believe (almost) anyone that cares already knows this stuff already. The animation reflecting the character personalities, their outfits, their designs, their purpose etc etc, it's all stuff that anyone can find about themselves, without any guidance or help. If someone cares enough about it on a "more serious level", for the lack of better words, they already know the point you're trying to get across (I believe). If you're a professional at this, as it was quoted in your last post, and since you want to educate, I thought I'd see some more in-depth info on character design. I don't know if there is any, because I've only been involved with character animation and character design on an amateur/semi-professional level (meaning that I'm not an expert).
So, my point is:
1) Is there actually anything more worthwhile to discuss or to educate about, concerning this matter?
2) Is this the right place to do so?

I've made an assumption,yes,but as i said before,the word "totally" is not really meant to be very meaningful,i am not passing a verdict,i am not making a bold claim,i am simply making an assumption from what i think i see.If you thought that was was making a clear-cut guaranteed claim of what they are doing back there,then i apologize for the misunderstanding,i will attempt to make my posts based off plain english instead of the general slang we are used to....

good, now that that's understood, we can move on with the lesson. The design of a character starts off with the question, what is this character's raison d'tre? After establishing that, we figure out the character's job and function. We establish what makes this character tick, who it's influenced by, and other things that might be important to establish the history/background of the character.

One thing that influences the raison d'tre of the character, is what is this character's goal? If the goal is to be a tv show host/pop idol, what might make for an interesting look to stand out while at the same time maintaining the emphasis that she is an idol?

Lucky Chloe is where we got so far. Is it completely original? no. But she is filling out a archetype that previously was not seen in Tekken, and can possibly give tekken more exposure. Because she fits the role of a Pop Idol.

It may be a coincidence,but if it was i would not know so,unless the artist/designer himself/herself told me,so until i knew it,i would assume,i.e. the first thing that would come to my mind,the first thing that i would say,is that the artist/designer's work was inspired by such.And the first post you replied to was me saying the first thing that came to my mind.

Which is why you keep your mouth shut until you have more information on the topic. You have your theories, and your guesses. But how do you expect it to pass without the burden of proof? Until you have enough information on the topic, you keep those guesses or you forward your statement with "I'm guessing she's inspired from such and such." rather than saying, "I see her and she's obviously ripping off so and so." Which one do you think sounds like you're hazarding a guess and which one sounds like the assumption is based on fact, and thus talking out your ass?

Miharu is depressed? Where did you get that from?
Also "Lucky" is an adjective,so that is itself making her one dimensional,Xiaoyu has shown the "determined" type of personality in TBV,which is the most they have shown in terms of storyline.

play through Miharu's story in TTT2, you'll find she just broke up with her boyfriend. Xiaoyu takes her to the park to cheer her up.

Don't make assumptions based on a name.

See here's what i'll tell you I don't know "all" about the character,i've been saying that i dislike her,not because of what she looks like,but because of what we've seen her do in the trailer,her movelist,thats why i don't like her because there is more to fighting than backflips,and i would have liked to see more than backflips in a new character,but if the majority of the crowd likes it,then i guess i don't matter.

the movelist actually reflects the character's personality. Both Hwoarang and Baek are tae kwon do practitioners in the game, but they're style and delivery are completely different. If she's a dancer/tv idol, wouldn't it make sense for the character to have a fighting style that does flips and break dance moves?

Of course, it would be interesting if she had a different fighting style, but this is the direction Tekken team decided to go with for the character. If you don't like it, then there are more characters to choose from. Also, the crowd really doesn't have a say in the matter. They have influence, look at XboxOne and Deadpool movie, but that's when the crowd reaches in the millions. Couple of hundred people vs a world wide audience.

Put yourself in that perspective. A couple hundred of disgruntled players over one character vs a world wide audience numbering in the millions. small percentage no?

I would have just made one post about it and stopped there,but you replied,so it would be rude to leave you without a response,hence all of this.But like i said i don't see any personality in her,its not really possible to do so from a 46 second video,but i guess i am being too judgmental about a character we've seen so little of.

the trailer was made to introduce you to and create a first impression of Lucky Chloe.
I'd say it had more than enough time to do just that.
and again, she has a personality and it's blatant in the trailer. Review it again, and see how her personality is reflected in the trailer.

Lili is still popular,8 years later,she can still rack up a huge audience,without any problem,oh wait there are those that dislike her too.

When Lili was firt introduced the same reaction the crowd had for Lucky Chloe was the same for Lili. She doesn't look like a fighter. what's with this blah blah blah. She's a rip off of so and so. Oh my god what a Karin rip etc.
same ignorant shit. different character. But people have come to accept and like her so there's that.

Of course physics don't matter in a fighting game,thats why i said that her looks are not the problem.Now according to the storyline anything can be achieved by any character,should the developer wish that he would,same goes for movies,which is where you got that picture from i presume.

.... that's Sammo Hung.

How can what i said be called sexist when a common expression for "courtesy" such as "Ladies first" can be considered as "good manners"?

pleasantries are on a different scale, besides, that expression "Ladies first" are based on old pleasantries that have been mistaken for chivalry but at the same time is being polite. Good manners is about being nice to others and respecting their person.

making a claim that women don't look like fighters when anyone can "look" like a fighter is a ridiculous claim and is a sexist thing to say.

I dadn't sey that there aren't any,I said why don't people ask for it?
Like why the fans themselves not demand a psycho evil character,because most male players only want cute female characters.

talk to Juri fans then.

BTW harley quinn was originally a TV show character.not a video game character.

that part of the discussion was on crazy evil psycho female characters. The popularity of Harley shouldn't be negated because of her origins.

What i'm talking about is the professional combat sports fighters like those who work out regularly and have the muscle to fight,wear protection(as should all fighters,if they know that they're in for a fight).But i understand the confusion.

My point still stands. Everyone can look like a fighter if/when they need to. If they look like they can get it on with the fisticuffs they look like they can fight.

Just because they don't look like UFC/Pride/K-1 fighters doesn't mean they don't look like fighters.

To be honest the teacher thing came around because you tossed the term "schooled",personally i don't want to discuss that either.

so don't.

I made a minor comparison based on a minor similarity,you shouldn't have taken that seriously in the first place,you should have just let it go.I have repeated quite a few times,that its just a small part,a small comparison,you don't need to have a very large base to make a small comparison.

Let's not revisit this shall we? You've grown past this. This discussion isn't because of the similarity. It's because you made an assumption and stated it as fact. Now apologize and let's move on.

I know what i dislike about her,

that's all well and good.

i have also taken the time to see what other people dislike about her.
This as well.

I dislike her moves, others dislike how she doesn't "fit in",or how "she doesn't look like a fighter,or how she's another character who is simply made for sex appeal,people have all kinds of reasons to dislike her.

That's their own personal gripes. They're entitled to it.

there isn't just one reason,but the thing is that this time around,more people have disliked her for more reasons.That is bad publicity especially for a game that is trying to revive itself.

one character is not going to influence the game. Any publicity is good publicity. If it's that provocative, I'm sure Harada probably wondered why he hadn't done this character sooner.

If you're looking at too big a picture,then you miss several details,because there is too much to focus on,concentrate on what you think is important.

When you focus on all the minute details, you lose focus of the goal. What's the goal?

of course i don't hence i made an assumption,not a claim.

you made an assumption and tried to pass it off as a claim. That's the gripe here.

the last underlined bit is all i'm trying to say,a minor comparison,nothing more.I hope that is clear to you now.

you did more than that. You covered up your own dislike for a character with the excuse of it being a carbon copy of other characters. That's wrong.

All you're telling me is that there is no grounds to compare them besides the cat ears,tail and paws,all i'm telling you is that thats all i'm comparing,what am i "shitten" away here,you are simply not understanding what i'm saying.

and I'm telling you that the basis of the comparison is flawed because they're more contrasting characters. Just because you've only seen a "few" characters with similar attributes doesn't mean you go off and say that this character is the same or took inspiration from another simply because of those few attributes. That is what we call a bold claim.

See there,you're doing what you have been accusing me of doing all along,you're making a bold claim about that which you don't know,only you've taken it too far,you are making it personal.

The claims i've made are grounded by your actions. You need this.

If this was "education" then you would also listen to me,so that we had an understanding,but you are not understanding what i'm saying,a teacher needs to know his student before he tries to teach them because otherwise it will be a waste of time.

I understand what you've been saying. But the fact that I've been dismissing it should also tell you something.
FYI, I'm not here to hold your hand in the learning process.

FYI i'm not the kind who is behind the rest,i'm the one who is ahead of the rest ,sometimes even ahead of the teacher,because while others see things in a very complicated light,i don', see it as simply as possible,i get what the lesson is supposed to mean,others even come to me for advice and explanations,before going to the teacher himself.

nothing says you're arrogant more than when you claim you're more intelligent than the teacher. Must be frustrating for you to be so behind the curve here then.

Now if we have an understanding,can we please drop this?

Well you have improved, I'll give you that. Just how much you've learned though, that remains to be seen.

As I said before, all I need are three words. In fact, you've said them already, except you fucked it up when you tried to come off as sarcastic.

so let's have a sincere apology. Then we can hug it out. In fact, the next post doesn't even need to be a wall of text.
Just give me the three words.

Anyone can learn the information for themselves. Anyone can teach themselves especially with today's technology.
That's why it's so easy for an instructor to give lessons. Teachers show you where to look so you can learn for yourself. Most people are intelligent enough to learn things on their own, with a simple guide here and there. Especially when it comes to animation. No one can teach you timing, they can correct your timing, but overall it's your own eyes and judgement that corrects the matter, that also applies to the other 11 principles of animation.

Again, designing a character is a very broad subject that covers the whole range. Character design is in fact developing a person/creature. Of course, hearing that probably garners a "no duh" but the thing is, when you sit down and try to develop a character from scratch, you realize the depth of the undertaking and it then begs the question, where do you start? This bit of knowledge is always helpful especially when some people create a character that's literally based on another character. (I'm sure you know, but for others, but that's why artists use the word "inspiration". ;) )

Besides, the education I'm giving is a basic start on what to look for with the initial stages of character design. I can go the art director's route and give you a more indepth perspective. But if that's the case, I would rather have it be a full on lecture series where i'm speaking to people genuinely interested in the topic. Ie my class room.

here where i'm talkin and pasting walls of text and having it wasted (thank you for reading by the way!) is probably a waste of time, and the only person actually learning are those who care to read.
but yeah, a basic first lesson lecture is really all i'm giving. Sorry to disappoint.

anyway to answer your first question,
the fact that my student seems ignorant makes it more than worthwhile for me to discuss or even educate. And something may seem common knowledge in the field of animation, anyone who's taken an intro to animation course will understand what i'm saying no problem. But in the SC forums I don't expect everyone here to be in our field of expertiese.
Again, one of my pet peeves is when someone says,
"I don't like so and so because so and so is obviously a blatant rip off of such and such." And then again, they blame it on design.
and when you ask why they respond again, oh it's just so common, boring and such.

and I'm like what do you know of the topic and then of course, it gets proven they don't know.
it's just this time I actually made an effort for someone to realize the bullshit they're saying.

That makes it worth it.

and that also answers your second question.
because yes. In a place where people are quick to judge and in a society that's quick to say:
"simpsons did it first" or "South park did that years ago!"
I just needed to call someone on their bullshit.

Back