Tekken 7 is a thing...

@Norik nyahhhh... chap chap chap. What's up doc?

Are you suggesting the onus is on me?
what nerve.
That responsibility lies on the student.

My pupil only has to say three simple words, and all is done.
All will be forgiven. And we can put a rest to my first lesson.

Which is why you keep your mouth shut until you have more information on the topic. You have your theories, and your guesses. But how do you expect it to pass without the burden of proof? Until you have enough information on the topic, you keep those guesses or you forward your statement with "I'm guessing she's inspired from such and such." rather than saying, "I see her and she's obviously ripping off so and so." Which one do you think sounds like you're hazarding a guess and which one sounds like the assumption is based on fact, and thus talking out your ass?
You know that we'll never get any more information on her design,they will only tell us the name of the designer,thats all we get,and what i said was an assumption as in "I think that..." not "I'm sure that...".It was an assumption,and thats all it will ever be,it won't go beyond that because namco won't tell us that we drew inspirations from such.
play through Miharu's story in TTT2, you'll find she just broke up with her boyfriend. Xiaoyu takes her to the park to cheer her up.
Don't make assumptions based on a name.
TTT2 is non-canon,her only canonical personality is displayed in Tekken 4,when she acts as a supportive best friend.
I for one find it strange that an adjective is used in a name,thats like "Evil Heihachi" or "Angry Miguel",it sounds wierd.
the movelist actually reflects the character's personality. Both Hwoarang and Baek are tae kwon do practitioners in the game, but they're style and delivery are completely different. If she's a dancer/tv idol, wouldn't it make sense for the character to have a fighting style that does flips and break dance moves?
Actually based on their personality,like howarang being cocky and Baek being regretful i feel that their styles aught to be interchanged,but if you consider say heihachi's personality,compared to his moves,we don't really see much,i mean he's like evil and all,while Jinpachi has been hinted to be a really nice guy,but the way Jinpachi fights it looks like he's evil,while heihachi seems rather neutral.
Of course, it would be interesting if she had a different fighting style, but this is the direction Tekken team decided to go with for the character. If you don't like it, then there are more characters to choose from.
I do have other characters to play from,some of my mains are already there Kazuya,Heihachi,King,Hwoarang,Steve,Paul and Law.
But the point is,lets say someone who fights using Jiu-Jitsu was taken into consideration to be a part of the roster,but as they were about to finalize the roster,namco later thought "nah,lets just give a tv pop idol instead".So we would never get to play as the Jiu-Jitsu character,which might have been more fun than LC.So we would miss out on that,thats what i'm afraid of.
When Lili was firt introduced the same reaction the crowd had for Lucky Chloe was the same for Lili. She doesn't look like a fighter. what's with this blah blah blah. She's a rip off of so and so. Oh my god what a Karin rip etc.
same ignorant shit. different character. But people have come to accept and like her so there's that.
There was a smaller crowd back then,but i have an account in a tekken forum site and i've seen more positive reactions to her than negative ones,in the same site people have more negative reactions to LC than positive,also on youtube,facebook and other forum sites,people have generally disliked her for whatever reasons.
.... that's Sammo Hung.
I remember him being more intimidating
sammo_hung6590bbc7401b2b19ad4a.jpg

Must be an old pic.
pleasantries are on a different scale, besides, that expression "Ladies first" are based on old pleasantries that have been mistaken for chivalry but at the same time is being polite. Good manners is about being nice to others and respecting their person.

making a claim that women don't look like fighters when anyone can "look" like a fighter is a ridiculous claim and is a sexist thing to say.
I didn't say that women don't look like fighters,I expect all fighters to have the musle to partake in combat,because skill really does need strength to support it.If you look at Taki,she has a larger muscle mass than most FG females,and another thing,years of training will also improve your physical structure.
Like of you've been trained to punch through wooden boards then your knuckles will become larger,your veins will be visible.
If you've been trained to lift heavy weights,your biceps and triceps will become larger.
Your body will adapt to take on the challenges you face in your training,and this adaption will be visible.
So what i was saying is that even though FG developers say that they have trained a lot,they don't make it visible in females,only in males,that is their mistake,i'm only highlighting it.
talk to Juri fans then.
Was the evil personality demanded by the fans or decided by capcom?
Let's not revisit this shall we? You've grown past this. This discussion isn't because of the similarity. It's because you made an assumption and stated it as fact. Now apologize and let's move on.
It was an assumption,and that is what i meant to state it as,i didn't mean to state it as a fact,if the word "totally" makes it look like i wanted to state it as a fact,then i'd like to say that the "totally"was used figuratively and not literally,which means that i didn't want to state it as a fact,but rather as an assumption.
one character is not going to influence the game. Any publicity is good publicity. If it's that provocative, I'm sure Harada probably wondered why he hadn't done this character sooner.
many things influence the game,all new characters and mechanics generally have a srtong influence on the game's performance,because people judge a game's evolution based on its character and mechanics variety,the rage art mechanic is going to increase emphasis on defense because it has armor,and freezes the screen to allow a free animation,the power crush mechanic will increase the focus on lows and throws,because it can be used anytime and only lows and throws can stop it.The tailspin mechanic will increase emphasis on the wall game,as it allows for better wall carry.
Now on to the new characters,Claudio is completely different form everything we have seen in tekken,except that his glowing blue arm has raised speculations of the presence of the devil gene in him.
Katarina has been compared to christie based on her clothing and appearance,but her combat form is unique.
Lucky chloe...
When you focus on all the minute details, you lose focus of the goal. What's the goal?
My goal is to see how new everything is in the new characters in a new game,I feel that requires me to examine all details about something,major or minor.
you made an assumption and tried to pass it off as a claim. That's the gripe here.
I only meant to state my assumption as an assumption,not as a fact,if it seemed that i tried to pass it off as a fact,then it was a misunderstanding,that is all.
you did more than that. You covered up your own dislike for a character with the excuse of it being a carbon copy of other characters. That's wrong.
i said inspired,let me explain the difference between "inspired" and "ripped off"
"The movie Percy Jackson was inspired by ancient greek mythology"
Meaning that the story and characters share things with ancient greek mythology,but does not completely rip off the events.
"The movie hercules rips off ancient greek mythology"
Because he actually fights and kills a lion just as he had in ancient greek mythology.
and I'm telling you that the basis of the comparison is flawed because they're more contrasting characters. Just because you've only seen a "few" characters with similar attributes doesn't mean you go off and say that this character is the same or took inspiration from another simply because of those few attributes. That is what we call a bold claim.
I was not comparing them as characters,but as some ones who share a few similarities.they could have been inspired by each other,they may not have been inspired by each other,we'll never truly know.But at first sight it does seem like they are inspired by each other,so i was only saying that which seems apparent to me,I was not passing a verdict,nor making a bold claim,just sharing my viewpoint.
The claims i've made are grounded by your actions. You need this.
Nothing can justify personal attacks.
I understand what you've been saying. But the fact that I've been dismissing it should also tell you something.
FYI, I'm not here to hold your hand in the learning process.
You've been telling me that you're trying to teach me not to make bold claims about that which i do not know,i'm telling you that i wasn't doing so,if you're dismissing that then this is really pointless.
Its like walking up to a person who wasn't jaywalking,but it looked like he was going to just because he was standing near the edge of the road,and saying "don't jaywalk".
nothing says you're arrogant more than when you claim you're more intelligent than the teacher. Must be frustrating for you to be so behind the curve here then.
I wasn't saying that i was more intelligent than the teacher,i was saying that sometimes i was "ahead",let me explain.
Say that a teacher taught his class a method to solve a tricky kind of question,then a few months pass,and while randomly browsing through the book and solving questions as an exam practice,we come across such a question,it won't immediately come to anyone's mind how to solve that particularly tricky question,because a few months of putting aside makes it a rather obsolete concept.So if a student remembers it before any of his classmates or his teacher,then is he not ahead of the rest?
It doesn't mean that he is more knowledgeable,intelligent or experienced than the teacher,it simply means that he thought of it before everybody else ,"before" translating to "ahead".
Also if a student knows his classmates better than his teachers do,then he will be able to explain a concept to them in a way that they can relate to it.

No more teacher talk please.
Well you have improved, I'll give you that. Just how much you've learned though, that remains to be seen.

so let's have a sincere apology. Then we can hug it out. In fact, the next post doesn't even need to be a wall of text.
Just give me the three words.
You are right about the fact that we can't make a bold claim about what we don't know,but i was trying to tell you that i wasn't making a claim,only an assumption,sharing my viewpoint.It got messy when we strayed off point to other topics.

So,on to Tekken 7?
Other than LC,because we've already spoken a lot about her.

You know that we'll never get any more information on her design,they will only tell us the name of the designer,thats all we get,and what i said was an assumption as in "I think that..." not "I'm sure that...".It was an assumption,and thats all it will ever be,it won't go beyond that because namco won't tell us that we drew inspirations from such.

and you're scared to email a designer and ask him questions about his profession? Specifically the thought process behind Lucky Chloe? Believe it or not, if you sound like a reasonable human being and not like some stupid boy and come off as genuinely interested in his profession and not some fanboy of Tekken you might get somewhere.

TTT2 is non-canon,her only canonical personality is displayed in Tekken 4,when she acts as a supportive best friend.
I for one find it strange that an adjective is used in a name,thats like "Evil Heihachi" or "Angry Miguel",it sounds wierd.

incorrect thought. If you dismiss character's emotions and actions simply because it's non canon you lose a lot of information about that character. Is her having a boyfriend and breaking up with him supposed to be tekken canon?
Is that relevant to tekken's overall story? NO. It's relevant to the CHARACTER. And if she was depressed in the story, then that speaks to her emotions at the time.

What you find strange is your opinion. That doesn't make them one dimensional. For instance, someone can have the name Angry Joe, but then when you meet him he's a very cheerful type of person. Don't get caught up in a name.

Actually based on their personality,like howarang being cocky and Baek being regretful i feel that their styles aught to be interchanged,but if you consider say heihachi's personality,compared to his moves,we don't really see much,i mean he's like evil and all,while Jinpachi has been hinted to be a really nice guy,but the way Jinpachi fights it looks like he's evil,while heihachi seems rather neutral.

Jinpachi was a nice person, he was also honorable. But when he died, he became currupted and was possessed. Hence his very angry/super aggressive style. And also, Hwoarang and Baek's style lines up because they're suited to their styles when they were first introduced to tekken. What you feel is irrelevant to the character's design because that's not what is shown. Focus on the character's actual design. When you play Hwoarang, and you see his moves, with mix ups, feet slaps, natural combos, and flashy throws, The cockyness/arrogance is felt. Compared with Beak who has more control, lightning fast hits, strong method attacks, his has a more Teacherly feel. When you see it, they match up.

I do have other characters to play from,some of my mains are already there Kazuya,Heihachi,King,Hwoarang,Steve,Paul and Law.

good for you.

But the point is,lets say someone who fights using Jiu-Jitsu was taken into consideration to be a part of the roster,but as they were about to finalize the roster,namco later thought "nah,lets just give a tv pop idol instead".So we would never get to play as the Jiu-Jitsu character,which might have been more fun than LC.So we would miss out on that,thats what i'm afraid of.

You would never know for sure, and you're not the producer so shut the fuck up with the what might have beens because you never were. Enjoy what's there and quit imagining possibilities you don't have control over.
Also, I'm sure they came up with a lot of characters but they chose Lucky Chloe for a reason. Just because you dislike her doesn't mean the whole world does. Taking a glance at IGN forums about the character and you can see she's actually well received among the casuals.

Harada must be doing something right.

There was a smaller crowd back then,but i have an account in a tekken forum site and i've seen more positive reactions to her than negative ones,in the same site people have more negative reactions to LC than positive,also on youtube,facebook and other forum sites,people have generally disliked her for whatever reasons.

Yeah so jump off the bridge then. Who gives an actual shit about her reception? the focus of the topic is her design. I'm sorry I allowed this digression to take place, but the flow of this discussion went and opened the door to more of your stupidity.

I remember him being more intimidating
sammo_hung6590bbc7401b2b19ad4a.jpg

Must be an old pic.

shows you his range, and proves my point. Anyone can look like a fighter, and anyone can not look like one. Doesn't mean they can't beat your ass. If they look like they can scrap. They look like a fighter.

I didn't say that women don't look like fighters,I expect all fighters to have the musle to partake in combat,because skill really does need strength to support it.If you look at Taki,she has a larger muscle mass than most FG females,and another thing,years of training will also improve your physical structure.

you're looking at all strength. Look at bruce lee, he was well muscled. well toned. but he wasn't super buff. Women particularly those who practice martial arts, their muscles grow where they're trained and fits their needs. Look at Michelle Yeoh, she can scrap but does she look like a fighter in your eyes?

If not, then looks must be deceiving.

Just admit you don't know shit. Admit you're wrong. apologize. and just sit there and shut the fuck up.
And besides, basing your beliefs on a character you have 0 control over is stupid.

You're sexist. stupid. and stubborn. Jesus I would hate to have you in my class.

Like of you've been trained to punch through wooden boards then your knuckles will become larger,your veins will be visible.

uh huh.

If you've been trained to lift heavy weights,your biceps and triceps will become larger.

you don't say.

Your body will adapt to take on the challenges you face in your training,and this adaption will be visible.

get out of town.

So what i was saying is that even though FG developers say that they have trained a lot,they don't make it visible in females,only in males,that is their mistake,i'm only highlighting it.

I told you that bitch crazy.

Was the evil personality demanded by the fans or decided by capcom?

and this is relevant how? she's an evil female character and fits into an area you were saying doesn't exist.
Kindly, admit defeat and take the rest of the lesson.

It was an assumption,and that is what i meant to state it as,i didn't mean to state it as a fact,if the word "totally" makes it look like i wanted to state it as a fact,then i'd like to say that the "totally"was used figuratively and not literally,which means that i didn't want to state it as a fact,but rather as an assumption.

It was an assumption. we established this. What's wrong here is you bringing it up as fact and here you come sounding like an idiot trying to defend it. Just stop. Take your loss, boy.

many things influence the game,all new characters and mechanics generally have a srtong influence on the game's performance,because people judge a game's evolution based on its character and mechanics variety,the rage art mechanic is going to increase emphasis on defense because it has armor,and freezes the screen to allow a free animation,the power crush mechanic will increase the focus on lows and throws,because it can be used anytime and only lows and throws can stop it.The tailspin mechanic will increase emphasis on the wall game,as it allows for better wall carry.

wait.. so you're part of the dev team now? You can speak on all areas of the game?
Just apologize already.

Now on to the new characters,

are we really going there? Bad enough you have a shitty opinion (with minimal amount of knowledge in design with what I taught you but you probably didn't listen or read) and now you want to cast judgement on the rest of the cast? Oh this will be good.

Claudio is completely different form everything we have seen in tekken,except that his glowing blue arm has raised speculations of the presence of the devil gene in him.

mm

Katarina has been compared to christie based on her clothing and appearance,but her combat form is unique.

mm

Lucky chloe...

you don't like. And that's fine. Just don't talk about her design like you know what exactly went down.
If you don't like her cat paws, tell me what you don't like about them. Don't say something stupid like oh it's totally a rip of taokaka. What don't you like about them?
WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT HER DESIGN?! you fuckin idiot. Talk about that. and try to use more words then "it's so common" or "it's boring" Because you don't even know what that means.

My goal is to see how new everything is in the new characters in a new game,I feel that requires me to examine all details about something,major or minor.

with minimal amount of research and massive amount of speculation. Got it.

I only meant to state my assumption as an assumption,not as a fact,if it seemed that i tried to pass it off as a fact,then it was a misunderstanding,that is all.
No misunderstanding, this is you backpedaling and trying to defend your actions. Own up to your faults, admit you were wrong and let it go.

i said inspired,let me explain the difference between "inspired" and "ripped off"

I've stated several times what the word inspired means in the art world. We're all aware of what it means in the dictionary. We're discussing design and having an art related discussion. Use our terms correctly.

"The movie Percy Jackson was inspired by ancient greek mythology"
Meaning that the story and characters share things with ancient greek mythology,but does not completely rip off the events.
"The movie hercules rips off ancient greek mythology"
Because he actually fights and kills a lion just as he had in ancient greek mythology.

Useless. Meaningless. Drivel.

I was not comparing them as characters,

again, do actual research and you'll come up with answers. But let me guess, you're scared to actually research stuff am I right?

but as some ones who share a few similarities.

Too general to be .

they could have been inspired by each other,

HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

they may not have been inspired by each other,
VERY LIKELY

we'll never truly know.

one way to find out. Go on and send the email. Do some actual research boy.

But at first sight it does seem like they are inspired by each other,

No they don't. That's just your perception, which has been established as a wrong point of view. You don't know what you're talking about, and you want to make sense of it. SO you put it with something you feel you can make the comparison. And again. It was stretching.

so i was only saying that which seems apparent to me,I was not passing a verdict,nor making a bold claim,just sharing my viewpoint.

You were sharing your point of view. And I'm telling you to go stand over there. So you can change that point of view to a more correct perspective.

Nothing can justify personal attacks.

It's not an attack if it's been proven as fact. At this point, I'm just stating a proven theory.

You've been telling me that you're trying to teach me not to make bold claims about that which i do not know,i'm telling you that i wasn't doing so,if you're dismissing that then this is really pointless.

point is, you're not seeing what i'm typing. apparently you haven't learned a damn thing I've been writing on these walls of text.

This is what we call being stubborn. You're not coming with anything new. You're defending your own view points as if they were valid and when they were proven they are not. You've been given several examples of characters that have similar designs and you ignore them. I tell you about other aspects of the character and you try to attack a different aspect while defending your point. You're being stubborn even though YOU KNOW you're wrong.

just stop and apologize.

Its like walking up to a person who wasn't jaywalking,but it looked like he was going to just because he was standing near the edge of the road,and saying "don't jaywalk".

NO. not at all. what i'm doing is like going up to that person and saying, "stand back, you might get hit by a car."
And he says "yeah, whatever." and then a car comes and hits him and I shrug saying "I tried to tell you."

I wasn't saying that i was more intelligent than the teacher...

At this point just shut the fuck up already.

No more teacher talk please.

YOU IDIOT. I'm the one who told you not to talk about it.

You are right about the fact that we can't make a bold claim about what we don't know,but i was trying to tell you that i wasn't making a claim,only an assumption,sharing my viewpoint.It got messy when we strayed off point to other topics.

just apologize. Admit you were wrong. Stop being stubborn. review all our posts before responding. See your error. then come back with those three words.

So,on to Tekken 7?
Other than LC,because we've already spoken a lot about her.

You don't get to do that. Your education isn't complete. Admit you were wrong. Admit you didn't know what you were talking about. and tell me what you learned.

woo.. you guys are gonna have to forgive my cursing. I was up rigging all night. Creating shape correctives and deltas are a bitch. And then I come here and read more of @sspaajms120 stupidity. You can understand why right? I mean, he seems like a nice boy. He's just too stupid for his own good. That and stubborn. But I bet he feelin it tho.

Last edited:
I believe its time for your education,try to share others viewpoints or let go and let god.It was stupid of you to make the bold claim that i was saying that LC is a blatant ripoff of taokaka,there is no point where i said that they rip each other off,what the "art department" makes of words,deleting the meaning of one and turning it into another is not my fault.
I told you that i just don't like her movelist,i didn't say that abut her design,i simply compared it to others,yet you go nuts.
A character design is not a matter of life and death.
I feel no need to reply to you any further,i've made my point,if you think that i'm stupid,stubborn and un-educated,then you haven't been reading what i've written.I said "fans don't ask for evil females",you said "look at Juri",I said "did the fans ask for her to be evil",then you're like "does that matter?".You lose perspective of things really fast.
I already told you that if you don't want to listen to me then add me to your ignore list.Yet you keep replying as if you want to,so stop telling me that you need to "educate" me,I doubt if you are educated at all.
Think its about time you two did some respectable work.
Kazuya's rage art ending animation leaves him at a disadvantage near the wall.
at 0:50.

@Sett You're right. I've been wasting my time. It was stupid of me to think that I could show an ignoramus the error. Especially on the internet. Where there's what... Tons of references as well as examples in this thread where he was wrong. But I fed a troll. Dah well.

I tried.

@sspaajms120 I believe, boy, that you've proven my point way back when. At this point, it's trying to get YOU to see it.
You can't, because you don't want to. I took you to the water to drink, you don't want to drink. Can't help you then. Tho admittedly, I did try to dunk your head in the water. But you still refused to drink.

From my initial post, I said my opinion on the matter. Then you come in and say something stupid, that proved my point. Then I call you out on it. From that point on, it was me trying to show YOU where YOU were wrong.
But you've held steadfast to your belief that your assumption is valid, EVEN when I show you when, how, and where IT'S wrong. Other people showed you your stupidity as well. But you've been blinded to it. Either because you don't want to see it, or because you see it, you just don't want to admit it.

if you're saying you don't feel the need to reply to me any longer. That's probably the closest I'll get to you saying you're wrong. I won't get the apology obviously because you're too stubborn to admit when you're wrong. So what can I do? to sum this apparent waste of time up in its entirety:

vW2wzdd.gif

and done.
omar-tie.gif

on a side note. I miss being in Korea. I could have played some Tekken 7 today.

@Madnis
All right,I apologize for my stubborn and immature behavior,I was saying stupid stuff,but i can explain,you see when they revealed the character,i disliked the character,but no matter what she would still be in my character select when i bought the game,when i would go to play online my opponents would still be using her,I was upset(probably an understatement).
And when i'm upset i say all kinds of stupid stuff,you were right,she probably wasn't inspired by the characters i listed,but knowing what or who inspired her wouldn't change my reaction towards her,so in a way I didn't want to know.
But I'll understand if you don't accept my apology,I've caused you enough trouble.But let me tell you,trying to educate a person in a mood will get you nowhere,insulting that person while he is in a mood will only make his stubbornness worse,so in the future if I or anybody else repeat/make such a mistake,try to get me or anybody else who does so out of his/her mood first,also education can be done without insults ya know.

On,then,Tekken Revolution can be taken as a board list for characters who might appear in tekken 7,except maybe eliza,because i remember the facebook poll reading "Tekken Revolution Exclusive Character Poll",and "http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n2g2ig"
The first line.

I think eliza was actually really fun to use as a character. unfortunately, she had a very very small movelist, so she felt a bit ... limited, compared to other chars in the game.

her big boobs version was a bit silly, but not the strangest thing I've ever seen in a fighting game.

is 1080p a significant improvement in graphics ? I'm just watching youtube videos, but I'm grasping a huge upgrade

Back