Tekken 7 is a thing...

I'm sure marie rose was more or less copying Lili's design from tekken though =p ... some of her animations are spot on as well.

Marie Rose is essentially a Necrid style character. She takes moves from other characters while only having a few of her own.

To note, she has Jann Lee's PPP, Zack's 6P, Rachel's 4PP, etc.
Like the other DLC characters, she pulls moves from existing movelists and animations. While not a clone like Phase 4 or Nyotengu - who have moves that are brand new too - she definitely shows a lack of development time awarded to her as compared to brand new characters like Rig and Mila.

She really isn't similar to Lili so much as Tricking and the popularity of the dance style incorporating a lot of similarities.

If namco wants to make "beginner friendly characters".they better also make a "hard to learn and play character",like steve.If not tekken 7 will get real boring real fast.

One button strings? Sounds like Virtua Fighter...

Or Lee infinity kicks. Or heck, a bulk of Soul Calibur strings.

Edit: not really just fixing a video link

I would definitely like to see Eliza and Sexy Tekken Force girl make it into Tekken 7.
Otherwise It'll be Lili, Catalina, and Alisa.

BOOM KING AND HWOARANG IN THE MIX. i'm happy.

Armored attacks and Ultras are now in the game. HA. that's going to be interesting. Certain moves don't bound anymore, well way to limit juggles, ey? Now I get to see the same juggle and just about every player do the same juggle.. over. and over. and over again.

that's magic right there.

get it while it's still up. credit goes to XAGuacha23 at TZ for keepin the nose to the ground and Kkensley for breaking NDA

Last edited:
So the roster so far is:

Heihachi
Kazuya
Lars
Kazumi
Catalina
Steve
Hwoarang
King
Arab character

New male character: Claudio. He doesn't appear to be the Arabian character.

By-woNZCEAAEwWK.jpg

SO FABULOUS

Also, Catalina's name is actually "Katarina".

Are you sure that's not some bad Engrish?

Katarina is a real name and a real spelling. I used to have a classmate in elementary school with that same name and spelling.

Also, I can't see crap in the video with Katarina on the side. Ah well.

Her move list looks uh... interesting. Doesn't Kazuya have a similar command there; 9RKRKRKRKRKRK?
Armored attacks and Ultras are now in the game. HA. that's going to be interesting. Certain moves don't bound anymore, well way to limit juggles, ey? Now I get to see the same juggle and just about every player do the same juggle.. over. and over. and over again.

IIRC, I think only certain moves actually bounded in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2, so I don't see any difference there. As for Armored and Ultras, well... unblockable attacks and a few semi-invincible attacks have always existed in Tekken, so maybe they're just trying to classify them more accurately for beginners?

Also, game not final, lot could change. People hated Rage for a while, no?

EDIT: Saw some Claudio footage. Looks kinda Mishima-ish. Has a twin-pistons move and a similar straight kick, straight punch combo like Kazuya's. Seems to get a power-up - indicated by a blue flame - in his right hand after certain moves.

EDIT2: Here's a video of Asuka's Ultra Combo. Looks like a ten-string.

Last edited:
IIRC, I think only certain moves actually bounded in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2, so I don't see any difference there. As for Armored and Ultras, well... unblockable attacks and a few semi-invincible attacks have always existed in Tekken, so maybe they're just trying to classify them more accurately for beginners?

Also, game not final, lot could change. People hated Rage for a while, no?

Yes. The bounds in Tekken 7 are more akin to Tekken Revolution than they do in Tekken 6 and Tag2, from what I've been watching. And armored and ultras are different than unblockable attacks in that these Ultras look more like SF Ultras with their intro animations. after watching the asuka one it looks a lot like her SF X T ultra... same with Paul. but that's just me. The original unblockables were special moves that had took a long time and some could be jabbed out of. armored hits existed in tekken before but only certain characters had them I wanna say. Now everyone has one. So they're their own thing for now.

Kind of redundant to say the game isn't final considering that was known from the get go. so not sure if you're telling me but I'm letting you know that I feel a way about that... anyway some people still do hate rage. You go to TZ now you'll see them bitching about it all.

edit: i take that back after watching asuka's super on both they're different. Paul's is similar tho.

Last edited:
Back