Tekken 7 is a thing...

Yes. The bounds in Tekken 7 are more akin to Tekken Revolution than they do in Tekken 6 and Tag2, from what I've been watching. And armored and ultras are different than unblockable attacks in that these Ultras look more like SF Ultras with their intro animations. after watching the asuka one it looks a lot like her SF X T ultra... same with Paul. but that's just me. The original unblockables were special moves that had took a long time and some could be jabbed out of. armored hits existed in tekken before but only certain characters had them I wanna say. Now everyone has one. So they're their own thing for now.

Kind of redundant to say the game isn't final considering that was known from the get go. so not sure if you're telling me but I'm letting you know that I feel a way about that... anyway some people still do hate rage. You go to TZ now you'll see them bitching about it all.

Well that's what I mean, armored and ultra attacks could have weaknesses like those found in the older Tekkens where players could jab them or punish them. Certain attacks in Tekken Revolution (the big ol' power moves) are pretty crazily punishable.

The older bound mechanics could also make a return in future revisions. It seems like combo damage is being adjusted to compensate for the lack of bounds, too.

I don't know if this will bring in newcomers, though I doubt it. Tekken's difficulty often lies not just with inputs, but the complexity of movement, vague-ish hitboxes, and unintuitive tells that don't really give any sense whether some moves are safe on block or otherwise. Not to mention the whole okizeme/ukemi game.

EDIT: Some really good footage here:

Last edited:
raging. Looks like the only way to do an ultra is in rage, yet another comeback mechanic. CE's are one of the worst things about Soul Calibur and now its in Tekken.

Armored moves can fuck off too.

Well that's what I mean, armored and ultra attacks could have weaknesses like those found in the older Tekkens where players could jab them or punish them. Certain attacks in Tekken Revolution (the big ol' power moves) are pretty crazily punishable.

The older bound mechanics could also make a return in future revisions. It seems like combo damage is being adjusted to compensate for the lack of bounds, too.

I don't know if this will bring in newcomers, though I doubt it. Tekken's difficulty often lies not just with inputs, but the complexity of movement, vague-ish hitboxes, and unintuitive tells that don't really give any sense whether some moves are safe on block or otherwise. Not to mention the whole okizeme/ukemi game.

I don't doubt that they are punishable on block. But that's probably the safest thing to do. The ultras in tekken seem to have armor. So while they'll take damage, if it's a jab, the ultra will blow past it and say "eat me" and then proceed to deal damage. I can see scrubs relying on this while expert players incorporate these into juggles. (King's is awesome. That point! Hahahaha) of course by the time the game is released certain properties can change so take it all with a grain of salt.

The game is definitely flashier and there's a lot of info on TZ right now so I can't quote verbatim. But I think there is something in the game that you can tell if it's a CH or something on block. So they are working on those tells. I don't know, casual players like the flashy I think. If the move looks awesome, and the sparks are pretty enough I'm sure it'll spark some casual player's interest. My experience tells me however casual players never last. That's why trying to appease them all the time is a mistake.

Side note heihachi's item: he killed kuma!

Buahah finally one italian in TK :D
He's like a Maxi, Vulcano Rosso and Rugal mix, lol

I was going to jump on T7 anyway, even just to get a lil bit of TK mechanics for when they release TKxSF (wich i believe is going to be the next), but now i've found a main too :D

#TeamClaudio confirmed

man,the lack of any new outfits have thrown me off,not so hyped for this as i was for TTT2
The game is only running at 50% graphics, on top of no music. Safe to say they left that part out for the location test since they are still making the game.

I think it is also safe to say that customization killed the need to have new costumes. Tho I miss the 1p/2p outfit days

I was expecting them to introduce supers,after all this game is meant to cater to beginners.And they decided to keep the invincibles,so TxSF may also be released with or soon after t7.Also Kaz has DJ's 4RK and King has AK's 6RP,LP.Meaning that the said characters may be removed from the game or have seriously big movelist changes

Watching Leo makes me envious that Kokoro in DOA5 doesn't have half her stuff. Although, Leo's knee being a stance bugs me.

Well, can't say I'm impressed by Katarina or Claudio. What little I've seen of both... Their animations and moves just look too robotic and awkward for me to like. Kinda sad, I think I would've liked a beginner friendly Savate character.

Anyway, waiting for Kazumi Mishima...

Tekken 7 seems a big identity crisis of the series, but only waiting to see it, eh?

And one time I am planning to buy a PS4 July next year, I guess Tekken 7 will be actually one of my first games for it.

Anyway, I hope Nina comes back, being player her since Tekken 3.

I think it is also safe to say that customization killed the need to have new costumes. Tho I miss the 1p/2p outfit days
Not really an excuse seeing as how SC has new outfits for each character every game despite customization becoming a staple of the series.

Hopefully some of these supers become a bit more unique. Excluding Lili, Steve, and King, most of them look like small hit(s), then launch, then big hit. Probably because it is an early build, but I would like to see them get more creative with the super animations.

Yeah I figure most of the ones that are straight up moves they already have linked together with extra hitsparks and camera work will be changed. King's is the only one worth a shit at this point.

Location test roster is kinda interesting. Both Mishimas playable (and how often has Heihachi not been a time-released character?), yet no Jin Kazama. Leo, Lili, Asuka are playable, yet older vets like Julia, Nina are completely missing. Steve Fox is the only Tekken 4 character playable. Meanwhile, Paul, Law and King are only characters to be in every game and in the location test. Yet, another survivor, Lei Wulong, doesn't show up.

So, 1 Tekken 4 character, 4 Tekken 5 characters, 3 Tekken 3 characters, and 2 Tekken 6 characters. And we're not counting the permanent mainstays from Tekken 1 (and FYI, Kazuya did miss a game).

But it just goes to show how popular Tekken 3's and Tekken 5's rosters were. Especially when you look at Dark Resurrection and what it did for the series.

Anywho, I thought it was an interesting thing to note. The next location tests ought to have a few more characters available for play.

Back