Testing @ SCR

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Impressions:

General: Yoshimitsu seems to still be a solid character. No need to worry about being low tier. To my knowledge, all of his main tools are intact. I could only find Meditation stance, and Dragonfly stance. IMCF is in, ear slicer and 3B+K:B are out, unless the inputs have changed.

iMCF: SUPER EASY. I have the worst execution ever, and i got this with 90% consistency. Best combo so far is probably 66A+B, maybe 4KB.

BB/AA: Still top of the line.

WS moves: WS A is his old 22B, WS K is a rising mid knee move with short range, WS B is his old FC B.

FC 3K: is still there, but I forgot to try RCC 3B. 2k works for sure.

Doorknocker: same.

Brave Edge: So far I only tested 66A, it makes it 2 hits instead of 1. I will test his other ones tomorrow.

Critical Edge: It is a low. Most people can react to it already on their first session. Best saved for combos.

33B series: Same as SC4, except 33B tracking seems to be slightly nerfed. Still cheap :)

6K2k: still in.

Dragonfly mixups: Same.

Throws: Same. 214A+G is still rainbow drop :)

8K: I didn't test if its still safe, but its still mid and knocks down on normal hit, and still fast. Will do further testing tomorrow.

Sorry guys, I didn't spend much time playing yoshimitsu. I will do more testing tomorrow, don't worry :)

I spent a good amount of time playing Yoshi. His movement is INSANELY fast. I was flying. bG feint still backsteps a bit. I couldn't find a very good followup to his launchers but 6K worked just fine due to its damage. Most of his tools are there. 6A is gone though and it hurts on crouch. His WR K doesn't suck now though, it's a fast mid punch. He's mostly the same character as in SCIV. I haven't found any real game-changers. Intimidation and that other 4B+K stance are gone.

4A+K tekken moves are still in... I seemed to get tekken moves after 6A+K too. More useless stuff than before though, I think. 23 UB wasn't in I don't think.

His BEs:

3A. 3AB is now SCIV Mitsu 3A into SCIV Yoshi 6B. The BE is a three-hit string that launches.

6B. Hitting A+B+K cancels 6B INTO i M C F. This provides an easy way to do the move, much like Cervy's 4B$ which is iGDR (where still has the normal JF iGDR).

66A. He does some string after 66A that launches.

His CE:
is a low. You have time to block it after the flash it seems. Idk. It's probably possible to connect it after his many double-over stuns.

44bB - Still his go-to long range attack when his attacks push out too far. Causes a stun, idk if iMCF is possible.

iMCF - It's still there and seem easy to do. It has such short blockstun that it's block frames hardly matter. I kept grabbing on accident after using iMCF due to the long buffer window in SCV and my mashy ways but it worked amazingly well on block and hit. On CH it guarantees 66A+B and DNK maybe? Probably less damage than before, but it might guarantee CE.

9a+bG - still a good UB that dodges stuff and hits rollers. Haven't tested tech traps at all.

The following inputs were changed or are back:
9K - still whiffs sometimes. 7K knocks down now.
33B string
66B -> 22B. 66B is now the first hit of 33K string
22A ->44A
11A -> 22A
6K - 2K followup doesn't seem to be there?
AA
BB
K
4KB_(B)
2A+BB - didn't test flea transition :O tomorrow...
DGF and SDGF - both flying stances
MED - the one where he sits down?
FLEA - is back.
FC 3K
4B
bA

I think that's most of them... Idk I'd say if any important moves were gone.

He's basically the same character minus few things and plus some that I haven't found yet?

These are some of the moves I could identify in the current gamplay vids from SCR. A good amount of these have been mentioned.

**The actual commands might have changed from SC4 to SC5**

33B+.
bA. Unb on CH
66B+K+.
SDGF B.SDGF K:K
2{A+B}. Into Flee and normal
FLE 66. FLE A.
3AB.
MED K? New launcher (Looks like 1K [MED K] but is faster) .
MED aGI is still in
MED heal is also still in
9A+B (Into new UNB).
A+B, K.
8A+K
4KB. 4K{B}
FCB.
Doorknocker.
214A.
iMCF
7_8_9K
2B
4B
FC3K
22A
4A
1A,A,A,A
4A,A,A,A
66A (You can BE it)
Regular A and B grabs are the same
BB, AA, K
6K,K
1K (Original 1K. Unlike new sped up version from MED/ Possibly still combos into 8A+K??)
DGF K and DGF B

214A Combos into Doorknocker just like in SC4. CH 33B does not launch like it did in SC4 but it does cause a stun and at least 2{A+B},66 looks guaranteed; maybe iMCF is too?

He looks to have very good frames into his stances allowing more use of them. Im also liking his new WR options but im a little upset about the ease of iMCF execution.

No REF or INT is lamentable if true, BUT they don’t form the cornerstone of my Yoshi game (nor anyone else’s, I might wager). Actually I’m pretty happy so far about Yoshi’s game surviving more intact from SCIV to SCV than perhaps other characters. But my opinion on this is not all that valuable, I’m nowhere near expert with Yoshi.

IMHO, the lack of ear slicer is the biggest disappointment. It took me a good while to get 1B a:B+K 66B down. Likewise, I was just beginning to incorporate iMCF, so I’ll feel a little elitist if it turns out everyone can pull it off in SCV, but honestly it could stand to be a little bit easier than SCIV in my extremely humble opinion.

Oh shit, no ear slicer? There goes half of his ring out game. Hopefully the input was just changed.

Launchers can combo into 44bB if your timing is good, but it doesn't re-launch high enough for any guaranteed followup.

I still have no idea what to do after launching with Yoshi. Spin JFs maybe? They're all back.

Launchers can combo into 44bB if your timing is good, but it doesn't re-launch high enough for any guaranteed followup.

I still have no idea what to do after launching with Yoshi. Spin JFs maybe? They're all back.

After CH 33B for instance, try B+K, then shark attack away. That's all I can remember for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back