The B+K BE thread

After reading what was posted about the just guard I am very happy. I tested it yesterday and it works well to counter moves and even one I just guard a xiba ce in training and it hit after.

You might be able to B+K BE JG GI as a safeish option select defense lol, but I haven't even tried to put it in one of my matches yet. Also it's pretty expensive to do.

Surprised a bit that noone mentioned this, but it should be noted along with the other properties of this move that it also has TC properties.
It is not something to rely on, however, Zwei indeed TCs in the LATE frames of this move.
If you expect your opponent to throw a move hitting high or grab you, then he will whiff in front of your face leaving him at your mercy.
Punish your opponent's whiff with 4B and let EIN do the rest...:)

Just did some quick testing. The B+K BE TC window looks to be between 20 and 30. But I had inconsistent results as Omega AA (i12) with Zwei at +8 hits and Omega 4A (i18) with Zwei at +2 whiffs, which means something weird is going on.

Also 3A (i123) trades with Omega FC 236B (i13) after 214B on hit so 214B on hit looks to be +10 on hit.

214B trades with Omega 4(A) (i38) after Omega 4B on block (+2) so 214B is i36. Not sure why the frame data says it's i20.

After (B+G) full charge Omega 2B (i16) beats out 214B but Omega WR A (i17) doesn't trade. So I'm wondering if that's a hit box problem or something. Anyway. This means it's about +19.

Also more on Zwei (B+G) throw. You can't block and commit to full charge at the same time. If your opponent mashes tech CW or CCW the stun will be different. Not sure if hurts or helps Zwei though.

Is this accurate?
I didn't test this as much as I normally test things. I was in a rush, but I gave you guys the method I used to come to my conclusion so you can double check me yourself.

Well look at it like this...
Huh? Well, I was speaking completely objectively. I wasn't trying to persuade anyone one way or another. If you full charge you can get FC Aed out of full charge (B+G) before Ein hits.

And if your opponent mashes tech even though they can't they'll be put into a different stun animation. Does it mean anything? No idea. Can it be replicated on other moves that cause untechable knockdown? No idea.

Also I have yet to test the block stun on partial hold.

I didn't test this as much as I normally test things. I was in a rush, but I gave you guys the method I used to come to my conclusion so you can double check me yourself.
Just tested max hold (B+G) It is +19 to +19.5 on GRD. And the reason why I say +19.5 is because FOR SOME REASON some moves that are 1 frame of difference will not trade.

So for example, if I use 4A+B after the max hold being blocked, if they try to interrupt it using an i13 move, they get hit, completely eat it all. But if they use an i12 move, instead of trading YOU get hit... so I have no idea what's going on.

Also I noticed these things are character dependent. Zwei's 2A (i12) can interrupt 66A+B, but Natsu's 2A (again, i12) can't... so there's something weird here. So in essence, max hold (B+G) on GRD would be +19-20

214B trades with Omega 4(A) (i38) after Omega 4B on block (+2) so 214B is i36. Not sure why the frame data says it's i20.
The "B" input after Knife Fiend takes 20 frames to connect. The stance Knife Fiend itself takes 16 frames.

The "B" input after Knife Fiend takes 20 frames to connect. The stance Knife Fiend itself takes 16 frames.
But it's inseparable from the stance, so the move being i20 is almost meaningless.

And thanks for testing as well.

66B+K after the charge is a good set up, as most people think you're the most vulnerable once your back is turned. Also, if you're in really close, 11A helps A LOT or even 11K. Sadly, these are ZWEI's best slows that either don't come out fast enough or just doesn't have the range you wish they had.

if that's not a glitch and actual benefit doing that BE, I'm all in for it now!

Its not a glich as fas as I can tell. Ive done it multiple times as well in the past. The trick with it is this, [B+K] BE will have a better likely hood of working, one other thing to keep in mind, you cant be guarding an attack When B+K BE comes out or it will fizzle. GI, 44B+K~G, or calling ein will Fizzle B+K BE as well, the exception being B+K..

Hi guys. I haven't been around in a while not sure what you guys have been up to, but I played around in the lab tonight and found that B+K BE 9A/9K (EIN) A+B connects and does 113/116 damage. Probably not for putting in your main game, but I think it's pretty interesting that it does more damage than 214B (EIN) 1A or 1K (EIN) 66A+B.

Hi guys. I haven't been around in a while not sure what you guys have been up to, but I played around in the lab tonight and found that B+K BE 9A/9K (EIN) A+B connects and does 113/116 damage. Probably not for putting in your main game, but I think it's pretty interesting that it does more damage than 214B (EIN) 1A or 1K (EIN) 66A+B.

I can confirm this. I made 2 additional discoveries.

if jump B is timed then b+k be jp b ein a+b works.

The second thing I found was the tc frames of b+k be. Try this.

go to practice. Set 2p to normal/ attack aa

do jp a b+k be.

tc should occur.
set 2p to all guard / throw.
do 214 b then b+k be
throw should be tc'd

Back