The Intro-vent Lounge

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
This is a thread I feel is long overdue on introducing yourselves and chatting about CAS stuff. Only thread that doesn't need pictures because it's a lounge of discussion. All I ask is be on your best behavior guys and there won't be no trouble.

Just introduce yourselves to another, share ideas, vent out your strengths as a CAS artists, etc.

I'll start. I'm Pocky Yoshi a CAS artist who is fascinated by probably all of Asian fashion(especially ones in Japan) and tend to enjoy exploring other stuff like CAS demons, knights, etc when I feel I need to. I'm also the mod that looks after people and will assist in any way I can.

Last edited:
I'm Retrotator, "The Retro Rotator"
I really like fighting games, platform games, and cartoons. I'm sort of a new fan of the Soul series, starting with SC3 about 2 years ago. Other fighting games I like are: Battle Arena Toshinden, Tekken, Sonic the Fighters and Super Smash Bros.

As far as CaS, I'm basically all about making custom guest characters that are either nostalgic or funny.

Strengths with CaS:
I'm starting to understand the limits of CaS. Usually, the more human shaped a character is, the more likely it
is that the character can be made.
I like making cartoony characters.

Weaknesses with CaS:
It's often hard for me to re-create costumes that have many layers in appearance.
Special equipment is very useful to me, but it's hard for me to move the pieces to just the right spots sometimes.

Last edited:
I'm Norik. I made my first palette swap ever at age three, when I colored the Red Power Ranger with a blue crayon. I haven't stopped ever since :3

I also love SC's character creation, but the majority of the stuff out there is pure garbage. I feel like these boards are the sactuary of the CaS Gods.

I'm TiraRules and i like to create Cameo CaS such as SC veterans, Tekken characters, etc. since SC3 when i had PS2 at the time, i love the character creations in all of those three SC games and i'm kinda addicted to SCV a lot lol due to many DLC parts, patterns and many more.

SC 3, 4, BD and 5 without CaS system meant no fun. but, i'm glad that Namco give us a character creation and i hope SC6 will keep this wonderful CaS system!

Im DarkSoul and i like to make Different kinds of chars i started with SCII on Gamecube with Link as my main then SoulCalibur IV and then SoulCalibur V when i saw the Creation mode in SCV i knew it was big and even new stuff to come out (now all have cancelled damn it)

But anyway i have Created allot of characters in the last few times (years) my First Char was Leandra Scott (my very first character) around her i made a story with allot of happenings

and also game chars and chars from TV shows

my recent work

- Cameron Philips (Terminator - the sarah connor chronicles final episode/jail break scene version)
- Lightning (with cloud costume)
- Jedi Taki

some older chars (best creations) from other games and Tv shows)
- Yoshimitsu (Tekken 3)
- Unknown (Tekken Tag Tournament)
- Jill Valentine (battlesuit Resident Evil 5)
- Birdlady (RE-5)
- Charmcatsr (Ben 10 Ultimate Alien)
-

Hiya, KiraxSummers here ;)

I first started with SC3 after having chased down Siegfried ('that hot knight with the huuuuge sword!') through space and time and, over the course of a few months, finally tracing him back to the Soul Series XD

The CaS in SC3 had me hooked from the word 'go' and I'm happy the tradition continued :) I only seriously got to work with it during my time with SC4 in which I created a bunch of characters and a story around them. I got around to writing that story one day when I had nothing better to do and now it's a serialized favorite of a lot of my friends XD So my creation style is focused solely on originals but I love a good recreation or two. I'll leave it to the professionals ;) You guys will be seeing a gallery from me soon and I hope you drop in to say hi ;)

Hey im DarkRhythm and I love Cas. If I get inspired by something my CaS can be pretty good. My problem with CaS is that I generally make my characters to how I like them to look instead of trying to give them a theme so I end up with characters with black clothing. A lot.(And the Devil Jin pants. They are cool haha).

My few characters that I use often are my favorites and like most people have a bit of a backstory to them. Ill try to post a few pictures of them in my thread when I get a decent photo taker.

But yeah thats pretty much it.

"Hi, i am vilarcane, and i am a CAS addict..."
Group cheers : "Hi Vilarcane !"

Here, i have been trying to share my passion by pushing the envelope always a bit further, either by thinking
outside the box with the editor, or creating new ways of putting them on display...

I also occasionally taken people under my wing (i am prolly older than most of you, but none the wiser :) and provide some useful advice to those who cared or showed genuine interest into CAS making.

If i had to vent some things out, it would be the way some peeps here jut ignore the most basic form of forum courtesy, it just makes me sorry for them.
Because i am so passionate, i just can't understand people just dump their stuff and look the other way about the others' attempts, some because they don't realize, some because they do it deliberately.

I try to be diplomat and benevolent, but i sometimes end up in very heated discussion, but it is all because of the fire that burns in me, makes me intolerant sometimes when someone tries to hold my horses :)

I have done over 350 CAS now, and have kept all of them safely stored on usb keys...
as a result, i think i know the tool in and out, and everytime i do a new CAS, it is all about exploring new grounds (equipment, sfx, themes)...

What i love the most is a good CAS show-off section that is not overly competitive but still puts off a great show.
My best partners for this ever are Le Bello and Rachel (Orangeislands), mostly because lag is barely noticeable.
I'd have to try again with Koko, because i experienced that if peeps invite me instead of me inviting them, it helps with the input lag...
My soon 9 yo kids loves to VS with my CAS as well, which fills me with joy. I can see the look on his face when showing him new stuff that will tell me instantly if i hit (or missed) the mark :)

My strength is my creativity and technique, my weakness is my inability to stop the goddamn thing xD

My strength is my creativity and technique, my weakness is my inability to stop the goddamn thing xD
And we wouldn't have it any other way ;)

It's important to support all the CaS artists on this forum! After all, they're the only people giving CaS a good name out there :P For me, it's like, if you gotta gallery and I got the time, I'll probably unload a ton of likes on you XD

And we wouldn't have it any other way ;)

It's important to support all the CaS artists on this forum! After all, they're the only people giving CaS a good name out there :P For me, it's like, if you gotta gallery and I got the time, I'll probably unload a ton of likes on you XD

Thanks,

I gotta see YOUR gallery soon Kirax, now you have teased us you need to actually stop liking me to death (nothing kinky here, of course don't stop the comments, love them :) ...
and give us an opportunity to unleash the same kind of tidal wave of likes onto your own thread.
I will be waiting...but pm me as soon as you do, k ?

Lol, thanks Vil, for being excited XD And I will definitely let you know once it's up (maybe after October 5th... am writing some exams atm) But don't expect all that much from me ;) Definitely looking forward to learning from you guys though! :D

Leandra isn't the only character i have (since its my main) but still there are others to

(new pics added)

Hello, I am Ramus.

I started CaS as a pure hobby, mostly everything I did in the beginning was very plain, and I was hoping to make good things with simple stuff, well I did some bad and some good. After some tries, Koko and Le Bello with were the people who gave me more reviews, showed the right way, in the end I guess I got better....color seems to be my major weakness.

I tend to favor 3P over original, my major theme is "in Soul Calibur time"

Now days I just try to polish my style, if to pick a CaS I had some major work doing and I think is my finest if I can say so myself; Argelos

Hahah if anything I am a student.

Last edited:
Real name: forgotten amidst the victories of our ancestors' children
Birthplace: an island under the sun of liberty
Birthdate: the 13th star and 8th moon, under the sign of judgement
Blood type: winds of time and courage
English voice actor: Rowan Atkinson
Japanese voice actor: Norio Wakamoto

The one referred to as "the Pascuzzi" was not born of man. His birth was heralded by holy angels and honest healers. When the sea and land met, a glorious city arose from their union. It was thus that the Pascuzzi was delivered from the heavens, as a shooting star descends to Earth.

In one legend, the Pascuzzi was in combat with a malicious spirit and so went to enlist the aid of Chu Zoh, the god of health and water. When the townsfolk awoke from their slumber, he was nowhere to be found. It was only later he was seen descending from Mount Sylvan-Zephyr, robed in a new light.

Back