The Intro-vent Lounge

Thanks guys.
I'm gonna try to improve my creativity, but I'm not sure if I'll become a story writer overnight. ;)

Here's what's on my mind as far as threads:

I sort of miss the recreation challenge thread. I enjoyed it because I got to see several creators' different ways of making a character.

Do we still use the threads that were made for tips and tricks with CaS parts? (I haven't seen the constructions database thread for a while.)
or is it better to post those kind of questions here or in the Request to go! thread?

The construction database should still be in use I imagine, just not bumped in a while. I thought it was stickied actually.

I'd imagine posting questions in here, or having a general Q&A thread somewhere, as ReqToGo is literally for CaS requests.

How would you all feel about a thread for custom characters that we made in other games?

In addition to SC5 creations, I might sometimes feel like posting custom costumes I made in Tekken Tag 2.

Do some of you like customizing other games like Tekken, WWE, Modnation Racers, Nintendo Miis, Little Big Planet costumes... etc.?

Last edited:
How would you all feel about a thread for custom characters that we made in other games?

In addition to SC5 creations, I might sometimes feel like posting custom costumes I made in Tekken Tag 2.

Do some of you like customizing other games like Tekken, WWE, Modnation Racers, Nintendo Miis, Little Big Planet costumes... etc.?
Never tried, but I know @VILARCANE's posted stuff from Army of Two lol. I've seen pictures of Dynasty Warriors creations too, and those always look good.

Well, I go by quite a few names. Some of them less than flattering. On here I go by Da_Fonz. I really like fighting games, platform games, rpgs (mostly jrpg's) and cartoons. SC II was my first venture into the series and fighters in general. I had played tekken before, but it was a short and tepid relationship. Nowadays, I switch between SC V, DOA5U, Brawl, and BlazBlue at least in the realm of fighters. I'm back after about a year of dealing with some things. Hopefully, I can find some time to revive my old thread.

For my particular brand of CaS, I have a nice little description at the top of my thread. (link is in the signature)

Strengths with CaS:
Well I'm pretty good at using Ex-Equip and working with patterns and stickers thanks to everyone's help. I'm probably at least above average with CaS in general. Which compared to the grand majority of individuals on this forum, isn't really saying much....

Weaknesses with CaS:
Umm... I have a penchant for making "super cute animesque girls." Also,I find it hard to make new CaS when I fill my 50 slots, because I don't want to delete any of them.

Nothing much to add except: I WILL STARE AT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE POSTED!!! o_O

Last edited:
super cute animesque girls
90% of my gallery (link under sig). I try to mix it up by making steampunk girls, technopunk girls, gothic girls, monster girls, and the occasional girly man. It's not a weakness. It's a choice. And every time I had to delete one o' the girls, I heard her screaming in agony as she spiraled into the digital netherrealm. Tore my heart out every time. Then I learned how to back up my PS3 saves.

Anyways, I took quick glance over your gallery. Lots of lovely anime girls. If you're too lazy to make a full return or just fishing for ideas, just send one of your CaS's over to the CaS Review Thread for an in-depth analysis and lots of helpful tips.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/cas-review-thread.16169/
Or you can send it to the CaS Mirror Match thread and have somebody recreate it and put a new spin on it.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/cas-mirror-match.17769/

send one of your CaS's over to the CaS Review Thread for an in-depth analysis and lots of helpful tips.
Or you can send it to the CaS Mirror Match thread and have somebody recreate it and put a new spin on it.
I actually have a CaS in the works. Hopefully, I can stick it on the Review thread this weekend (maybe I just had a bunch of tests this week and I still have one more next week along with some big projects due.) I think I can squeeze in some time to post in the mirror match one after I get out of class.

Never tried, but I know @VILARCANE's posted stuff from Army of Two lol. I've seen pictures of Dynasty Warriors creations too, and those always look good.

I also did post a couple of Yoshimitsu creations from Tekken 6 as well that i posted in my thread, but the editor is nowhere close SC5's.
At least they looked different, but i barely played T6, as it looked goofy as hell and not really my type of gameplay.

I also posted my skyrim characters and, yes, a couple of uber cool army of two masks :P

I don't have SC5 right now, In SCIV I've beaten the story mode with everyone, but I'm still trying to find some good powerful formulas for the Tower of Lost Souls.

Good luck. People in these parts are more about the aesthetics rather than the gameplay elements, and even less about 4. You'd be better off on somewhere like Gamefaqs I imagine.

Oh no, it's fine I like this for what it is :)
I really like the CAS stuff here, how inventive it is., and it makes me wish I had SC5 again (which I will get it soon) so I can post some CAS stuff. I have stuff SC4 I could post but I'm not sure how well they'd be accepted.

In my opinion, SC4 creations are still okay to show here sometimes, but I think we mainly want SC5 creations for things like contests and requests. It seems like most of what can be made in SC4 can also be made in SC5.

Hrm, I might give it a shot then, I did have some creations from SC4 I really liked. Mostly Marvel/DC stuff

If it's SC related creations, they're allowed. Just don't post hacks as it isn't allowed on 8wayrun.

Last edited:
Back