The Kittenpaste Company presents...

Hey! It's Hercules, we need to skype and play soon...
Well anyway. I love every single character.
I loved the Biographies for each character. I find each mentality of each person quite interesting, along with their cultures. Like the Crimson color, blindness, nobility, golden-eyes, and the random characters *cough twink*
I'm prob. going to steal some of these characters, but I'll deff. credit you!

Nice job, I look forward to the next one, if you ever plan to do so!

*hugs* Thanks! When are you getting on again? :p I haven't even been seeing you one le Skypuru~...

Umali's butterfly antennae are really pretty. Lady Julianna's got an appropriately milf-ish look. However, Eunaera is my favorite by far. The sapphire and steel color scheme complements her rigid ideology. It's even cooler than she can't be built anymore. Too bad Namco hasn't given us many of the old SCIV parts, since your SCIV creations, especially Sidnie, are particularly attractive. Many of your male characters were a bit extreme for my tastes, though I do admit a strong bias towards female creations.

While I have yet to see a cohesive story, certain fragments of the character bios reflect a great talent for literature. Trobeahn's intro was so clever that I laughed out loud on my laptop, much to my drunken friends' dismay. Your description of blindness as a gift was very artistic, despite my view of the world as a relatively pleasant place after all. Keep up the good work!

I'm glad you like Eunaera so much~ She was an interesting one to write up. As far as the stories go, I tend to do a lot of creative fragments but haven't done anything complete since early grade school. x3 I suppose I'd be great for writing fighting game stories... xD

I'm really glad people seem to the liking the cultural traits of some of them~

I have finals remember! :|
And I've liked PC > PS3 for the time being, but I'm sure I'll get back into the PS3, but then again it's summer, so I prob. won't be on much anywho.

First the critique.
Well.......this is the first thread where I see many males showing off their abs and "other stuff".
*shudders* Pocky Yoshi phobia activated. Men with no pants on. But seriously even though fanservice may seem nice to you, sometimes it derps the thought up story you have for your characters.

Especially, when some were meant to be serious. I can understand gladiators wearing those thongs because that's how they were back then.....not to mention I've watched the show Spartacus which is the vibe I got from here. So someone like Jacob and Joseph is understandable. But someone like that jungle protector feels derpish because he's slapped into a color and put into a thong. Sure he's only wearing a thong for he's tribal like warrior, but give him tribal tattoos since I feel jungle voodoo from him.

Regardless, overall the designs have some that hit with me some ideas. Others are well......lacking. In general two color schemes for the most part is nice, but throwing a few neutral colors or so could help. Because certain designs need to shine more.

Paer'dha for instance I noticed she's a dark skinned elf. And although green and brown nicely executed, throw in another color but make it subtle. And usually elves that are thieves usually wield styles that focus a bit more on kicks or just attack "elegantly and lightly". Cervantes style is kinda derping it from showing off her femininity as an elf or so.

Leixia's style can help here since Yun's style is no longer around. But Natsu's style also works since the combat knifes is perfect for thieves. Plus, the Natsu attacks despite slight oriental stuff here and there could so fit Paer'dha. And thieves should love knives. Raphael's style also works since there is such as fencing elves. These 3 styles imho are the only styles perfect for thieves. ZWEI could work as well to show rebellious attitude, but I prefer Raphael, Natsu(combat knifes), and Leixia since their kick attacks is something I could picture on Paer'dha.

Cervy seems more suited for a pirate or a certain CAS dominating male/female that just suit it.

All in all, potential you have. Keep on sharing.

Ones that intrigue me most on my own tastes.

Paer'dha. Elves are cool. Half elves are also cool.

Shiido and Michiko is it? You know what they say about male to female rivalry. Either they stay as boring rivals or they soon notice each other romantically and stop being coy and competitive to another. Cute ninja couple.

Phersute is well.....a mischievous kitten of lulz. Kittens are cute when they're like that, however they can also be a handful. Cute regardless.

Eunaera looks intriguing. Elysium's helmet and Viola's hood put together? Idea Pocky Yoshi will steal for his own CAS.

*squeezy-hugs yoshpock* I understand you on the fanservice detracting from the story, though I'm fine with that in a game with huge breasts and breast physics (not to mention nips showing through certain clothes). :p They aren't meant to be too serious, though. If they were creations within a game with a darker atmosphere, I'd want them taken rather seriously (Like my Final Fantasy Tactics custom characters o3o). As it stands, their stories don't have enough flesh for people to take them too seriously. It's something to look into improving for sure, though!

I'll definitely add some marking to "??" - I find him boring too. D: I don't want him in that loincloth either - though have nothing interesting to put him in yet. Men's stuff is either bulky or ugly for the most part - hence tons of nude males. :D

On Paer'dha, I noted that I'd rather have her using the SC3 dagger style. She's only Cervantes because I lack a Cervy character and she can't use the SC3 dagger style. I suppose I COULD give her Natsu's style. Shiido and Michiko aren't linked to any characters in the story so it's technically an open style (and heck, I used Viola's 3 times anyway). On her colors - she's actually on a 3 color-palette. Forest green, leather brown and burgundy (her ribbons on the boots and rear as well as her fluff on the chest). From your comment, that burgundy may be a bit too subtle. D: Maybe I do need a vibrant contrasting color.

I'm glad you found Phersute cute! :D For Eunaera's helmet/hood combo, you have to be below compatibility pack 4 to do that. D: In 4, they made it so you can't combine those and when you try to edit that character, it strips them. Sooo Eunaera is stuck as she is, robot voice and all, unless I downgrade to comp pack 3 to edit her.

*hugs* Thanks for the huge reply. :D

I don't mind fanservice, just I wouldn't let my perversions control my opinion. The power women have over us men haha.

Anyways, hope to see more.

This is just a small update - no bios/more in depth stories for the new characters will be added yet. That'll come sometime after the next DLC on the 5th. :D

Card Updates:
JosephCard.png
PaerdhaCard.png
NamelessCard.png
RohtsgepiaCard.png
Joseph, Paer'dha, ??, and Rohtsgepia have had their characters altered so new card-time. :3

Existing Character Updates:
Joseph.png

Joseph now better reflects his role as head guard.

Paerdha.png

Paer'dha has been changed to Natsu's style. It's close enough to SC3's dagger style to keep me satisfied. Don't like her being able to magically dash around but whatever. :p The top has been altered a bit to draw more attention tot he fact that her palette is mainly 3 colors. Her quiver was also moved and it looks a ton better here.

Nameless.png

?? has been given a bit more of a jungle look. I REALLY hate him wearing that vest but I wanted the tiger wrap so I had to settle.

Rohtsgepia.png
Rohtsgepia's looking a bit more alien and her outfit's a bit more interesting to look at.

New Character Cards:
LlalrouCard.png
TaohunCard.png
GeshpCard.png
NidourCard.png
GileaCard.png
CeroineCard.png
XiacentaCard.png
New Characters:​
Llalrou.png
Llalrou (Y'all-Row) is my new 14 year old MALE character (using a female base for the outfit... blah). Voldo's style fits him surprisingly well. More info coming later. :D

Taohun.png
Taohun will likely be taking the role of Llalrou's older sister. It was interesting trying to come up with colors I didn't fully hate for her.

Geshp.png
Geshp! Thanks to the Cervantes armor, I was able to complete his look. I think it game together pretty well. The colors look different on my TV so he'll be needing more tweaking.

Nidour.png
Nidour's look is rather plain but it works, for now. We'll see what the DLC bring in terms of improvements. Yay aereolas. :3

Gilea.png
Gilea's coming story should be interesting. n_n; Hope you like her look! The legs felt empty before making her boots look bigger. o3o I'm very happy with her now.

Ceroine.png
Ceroine (Seh-ro-ween) will have a number of connections with the current cast of characters. This young girl's story should be rather tragic. I'm not happy with her dress and her furry boots still don't look quite right but, overall, I'm really pleased. Though, again, I used Viola'd hood... it's just too cool. ;~; Yes, she's bald under that.

Xiacenta.png
Xiacenta's story is prving rather hard to cobble together. I really wanted a character using Ivy's 1P so she haaaad to be made. x3 First time using the second female base shape... she's somewhat a straight person fanservice character upstairs. :p Straight guys like stuff dangling between big boobs, right?

Hope you guys like so far. :D

Hehe! It's too bad we couldn't stay connected more than 5 seconds that day. :( Careful, Paul+Nidour might make for good slash. ;)

Maybe I need to spam those shitty, hideous patterns everyone loves (because tacky is in!) to get some comments. :p If people's eyes/the designs aren't busy enough to cause seizures, it's not good enough! That or scrap originality for boring recreations. lulz

I know, that day was horrid. I guess connection is more better during the night, at least with our matches. And Paul+Nidour slash huh? I sense a steamy meet on it's way. ;)

And no, they are just fine! :D

The bad
Some felt very thrown together and at times gaudy with no appeal. But that's just me and my taste in fashion kicking in. Sure stickers help a fashion, but not always. Because too much can sometimes choke up the simplicity and grace of a custom. Too little can make it bland. You need to hit it in the "just right" alley.

Usually when I see fashion, I usually like it simple yet elegant believable fashion. However, I can also appreciate over the top masterpieces if executed correctly. Fanservice fashion? Well, it'll take more than Xiacenta's amateur attempt to give a straight guy like me a boner lol.

The whole color scheme I like on Xiacenta, but the fashion is very thrown on. Wanna strike Pocky Yoshi with fanservice? Paer'dha is one example. Boobs and ass may entice me, but I can conceitedly say it can't cloud my judgement as I can tame my perversions.

I look for beauty and grace not a lady exposing boobs and wearing a helmet that suits her no way possible. And if you really want to go hard on fanservice, just put Hilde in a simple swimsuit and call it a day or dress her in nice armor lol. When I saw Xiacenta, I felt like she's tacky design with nice color scheme.

The good.
Paer'dha and Joseph look pretty cool. Though I'd prefer Joseph to wield Patroklos style for the brutal manly feel, but Pyrrha Omega is just as brutal.....though girly for my taste for certain attacks imho. Keep on sharing.

Pardon my post.

I'm rather surprised by the use of words like tacky and gaudy, which aren't very constructive terms, after some of the posts you make on the CaS of others (which are clearly less then even sub-par in many cases). If you're going to use such harsh terms, you need to offer more constructive advice. I feel you also aren't noticing what's a sticker and what's not. On the 'tackiness' - asian colors are vibrant - I don't like them. Vibrant colors are tacky - I wanted asian-style characters. I feel you do nothing more than a cursory glance, since you don't seem to notice the tiny bits of what I write with the pictures (you didn't see what I wrote about Paer'dha in her first post, you don't see that Jacob and Joseph are brothers so they shouldn't use the exact same fighting style [brothers are hardly ever carbon copies], you don't know who is supposed to be fanservice and who isn't). Xiacenta's outfit uses 3 items that end up being the most cohesive with Ivy's base outfit (the batwings are not counted - they are there because I don't want to see her ass). The only thing tacky about her may be my attempt at giving her truly long hair through the Nightmare Helm and her massive tetz (because endowment is tacky and undesirable). The majority fit your description of fashion - there are 4 you like of 40 with only 3 being purely fanservice and 1 being possibly partial. Do you even realize what I'm going for with Ceroine and why she has those 'stickers' on her? Yes, I haven't shared her story yet but I think the effect I'm going for there is obvious. There are character links not fully stated that should be somewhat obvious too.
I'm going to have to ask you to be more constructive if you're going to criticize in such a way. Cite exactly what you dislike about specific characters like you did with Paer'dha.

I'm glad you like Paer'dha so much, though. She's one of my favorites as well. I do thank you for your input but I'm expecting something more from your comments.

I do want my CaS to be enjoyable to those who visit - and there are a few here that do seem to enjoy. However, you and Bruce are the only ones to have offered a form of critique. I'm a bit sour on that fact, especially with this thread being so old with SO MANY characters, so my reply to you may be more harsh than merited.

Hehe! It's too bad we couldn't stay connected more than 5 seconds that day. :( Careful, Paul+Nidour might make for good slash. ;)

Maybe I need to spam those shitty, hideous patterns everyone loves (because tacky is in!) to get some comments. :p If people's eyes/the designs aren't busy enough to cause seizures, it's not good enough! That or scrap originality for boring recreations. lulz

... I don't know how to say this so that it doesn't offend... and that is not my intention. But .... while I think it is unfortunate that you feel slighted by a lack of response to your work .... I think that you are expecting too much out of the audience . You can't control how or when they will respond to you... you can only influence and engage them with the work itself, and its' presentation......if that doesn't work I think asking specific questions about your characters could be ... well ... more effective than the route you have taken.
There are quite a few things that you say that attack the sensibilities of other posters... and your comments are fair... but ..for example I see myself in the post that I am responding to..... and the post directly above this seems hostile, so much so that it would have an effect on how I would critique your work... I would hesitate to say anything that wasn't a gush or a pleasantry...
With my own stuff... I post characters all the time that go unnoticed ... I post things all the time that people don't like. I just did a recreation of Sailor Moon that I love to fight with ... she was hard to make ... but looks simple .... and I am proud of her ... I made her for myself. Before posting it I knew it wasn't going to be well received... but I posted her anyway.
I don't mean to be harsh...

... this is my perspective on your thread... When I am by my PS3 I sometimes view the board on a tablet... anything in a spoiler tag freezes it up .... I also do not like typing on it so I overuse the like button. I had singled your post out as one I wanted to check out when I got to my computer... Now that I have seen your body of work ... there is a lot to take in. I enjoyed a lot of it , but I feel a little squeemish getting into specifics because after saying all that ... I don't want to be, or seem fake.
However I mean it when I say , Nice work.

... I don't know how to say this so that it doesn't offend... and that is not my intention. But .... while I think it is unfortunate that you feel slighted by a lack of response to your work .... I think that you are expecting too much out of the audience . You can't control how or when they will respond to you... you can only influence and engage them with the work itself, and its' presentation......if that doesn't work I think asking specific questions about your characters could be ... well ... more effective than the route you have taken.
There are quite a few things that you say that attack the sensibilities of other posters... and your comments are fair... but ..for example I see myself in the post that I am responding to..... and the post directly above this seems hostile, so much so that it would have an effect on how I would critique your work... I would hesitate to say anything that wasn't a gush or a pleasantry...
With my own stuff... I post characters all the time that go unnoticed ... I post things all the time that people don't like. I just did a recreation of Sailor Moon that I love to fight with ... she was hard to make ... but looks simple .... and I am proud of her ... I made her for myself. Before posting it I knew it wasn't going to be well received... but I posted her anyway.
I don't mean to be harsh...

... this is my perspective on your thread... When I am by my PS3 I sometimes view the board on a tablet... anything in a spoiler tag freezes it up .... I also do not like typing on it so I overuse the like button. I had singled your post out as one I wanted to check out when I got to my computer... Now that I have seen your body of work ... there is a lot to take in. I enjoyed a lot of it , but I feel a little squeemish getting into specifics because after saying all that ... I don't want to be, or seem fake.
However I mean it when I say , Nice work.
First, I just took a look through your blog and some of your thread. You have some of the MOST creative uses of CaS parts. While I admit I'm not a big fan of the recreations, I absolutely love your originals. One of your most recent, you used the raccoon tail to progressively veil/shadow the face - pure bloody awesome.

I am very quick to take the vinegar route over honey, especially when comparing things like the content and amount of replies in the tons of other threads compared to mine. I make CaS characters to be shared. Most of what I make is to be shared - creation is never something I've done solely for myself. That only helps lead further to my sensitivity, I suppose.

Please don't fear critiquing. I just ask that, if you're going to use more harsh words, they should be combined with actual advice. Otherwise it's not critique - it becomes berating at that point. A very fine line nobody really notices looking from the outside in.

I did deserve a harsh response, though. You are right in saying that I have definitely been stepping on the toes of others in a childish tantrum over not getting the attention I feel is deserved. The vinegar route is just so much easier than honey - it's not sticky after all (plus I prefer cooking with vinegar more often than honey! :p But that's a whole other story).

Again, please go into the specifics - good and bad.

I like Ceroine in every way except the sparkly scales you have for her. May just be my personal taste, but I feel the sparkles do not go with the rest of the outfit at all. My recommendation? Use a smaller texture for the sparkles. Le Bello's fantastic thread can give you a few useful tips (they gave me quite a few). For a pointer, use the poka-dot pattern (Basic 12 or 18 I believe) and put it on lowest size. Then create a color you want and then a strong contrasting opposite color (experiment) and from a decent distance it appeaers to "shine" by itself. I recommend viewing my gallery below (self-advertisement, I know) and look at my Voiiarraka 2p to get an idea of what I mean.

Llalrou has a certain edge to him I like (must be because its a girl model) but my issue is his chest looks still too "busty" so I would reexamine that.

Overall I feel your work is great with some minor issues or nuances that personally bug me. My only major complaint is a bit of homogeneity with some characters armorsets or armor colors with individual characters but that is my biggest pet peeve. I like this gallery.

--Forgon

The harsh reality is peeps are gonna like what they want to like and neither I or you can stop that. I understand how you feel, but take heed I'm more or less in the same boat as you and chobek(though chobek should give herself more credit since hers does get noticed).

But for the most part, peeps will start by liking CAS design before getting into the story part when it's about originals. Not the opposite. I do look at the story if I'm interested, but if I'm not then I usually shut up.

I apologize if my critique seemed pretty rough, but try to understand that critiquing isn't as instant as some vending machine. It takes time for me to process what you're going for. As for the nitpicks on CAS, let's start from the top again since I was too tired and lazy to go into detail last time.

Llalrou
Well, it's an effeminate 14 year old asian boy. He has some odd problem with the eye and he wields Voldo. Well, I'll wait until you put more info on him.

But for now, those shoes should be replaced. Try putting on simple kung fu shoes, Leixia's shoes or so. Make them green like the hat or whatever you like. Skull shoes and simple graceful do not mix imho.

Taohun
The orange part of the shirt kinda hogs the attention. It's screaming at me a bit since it doesn't match the other colors which are just fine. I'd also remove the blue stockings underneath her to expose some nice healthy calves of a martial artist. Yes, it'll make her a bit plain but I can see myself using her should I want to main a CAS of yours in battle.

In general, the shirt needs a more subtle color of your choice and the blue stockings need to be removed altogether. Other than that, she's fine for now.

Geshp!
This undead person is okay. He isn't really my type or so, however those boots have got to go. Try finding something to match the equipment. While those boots match color wise, the equipment doesn't sit well with me.

In summary, try different boots/greaves/whatever. The rest I leave to you to tweak since I could tell tweaking is needed.

Nidour
This I can't seem to say much.....since it's male fanservice for males. However, maybe an extra color thrown in there could catch more peeps attention. Perhaps some gold or some subtle color.

In general, it's simple and elegant but I'm not into male fanservice like that haha. Kai lombax seems to like it though. But add a third color of your choice since I feel it could use a slight buff.

Gilea
No comment. Not my type. But I don't think she needs more tweaking atm. And since you seem happy with her, this one passes.

Ceroine
In general, I feel the colors are over the place with certain things like gaudy scale pattern hogging attention and the dull colors fighting against it. In general, it feels like it matches too much/ too much going on and chokes up the CAS.

Basic color scheme is go for 3 colors and move from there if that's what you're going for. I'd also remove the mask since I feel that's out of place. Tragic color schemes that choke up this tragic heroine or whatever, but control it with just 3 colors of your choosing.

Xiacenta
The helmet looks wonky and big on her. Sure bat wings that cover the ass and helmet would match at first thought, but imho I don't think it does. I don't know what head gear you should use, but nighty's helm looks silly on her.

The colors are nice, but the leather part of the gauntlets, the front flap of that warrior's fauld, and some other places should be different colors.

Leather part of gauntlets should be any shade of dull brown of your choosing.

Warrior's fauld? Play with some dull color that could color coordinate with the whole outfit.

The other places I'll let you figure out, but if you'd like help on them I'll touch back on it later.

This ends Pocky Yoshi's detailed critique. If you need me still, just message me and I'll try to help.

Omnom Critique <3
--Forgon
Hmm. I rather like Ceroine's sparkles so they are probably going to stay. Ivy's outfit has that one super shiny strip all over that does't go away, so I matched her less shiny strip to it in texture with a contrasting color. I then brought that over to her sleeves - though the texture doesn't get smaller than that. I'll take a look at your idea and see if I like the effect, though.

I really wish I could figure out how to make Llalrou look more flat. ;~; His ribcage is maxed and his breasts are at the minimum scale but they still show so much. I don't want to obscure them with an object so I'm stuck on what to do there. :s Have any suggestions?

Hmmm. I'm going to go back an review some of my more monochromatic characters. I tend to stick to only 3 colors as you've noticed. When you mentioned that, I instantly thought of Umali (Crimson, Gold, Black) and Deis (Purple, Green, Silver) sooo that's something to fix!

Huge thanks! :3

Yea, the skulls were bugging me as well for Llalrou. I liked the split, though - it seemed to work well with the pants. I abhor the chinese shoes in this game but I'll see if I can make them work somehow.

On his sister, I'll definitely look into toning down her shirt. Vibrant red, orange and yellow are my least favorite colors anyway so I hold no attachment to her current color scheme. I might have to steal mister Lombax's Asian stylings. o3o I'll have to figure out something that isn't blue, though, since he brother is primarily blue.

Awww, I tried to tie Geshp's boots to his shoulder pads by adding the crescent moons. :( I don't like any of the other lower options so far. ;~; I absolutely hate greaves - they are all ugly. I wish I had those demonic boots from that collector's edition. :(

Nidour's not a fanservice character, I stated before that male armor is shit so most of the males will end up wearing virtually nothing. I did mention I'm waiting for new items to come out - I'm not a fan off anything he's wearing, especially Cervy's boots. It was that or be barefoot, though. I'm still not sure what design direction he'll be taking. For now he's just "Hi, I'm your only male using Seigfried's style.".

Awwww, but Gilea loves the Pocky-yoshi! :p

On Ceroine - she is using a basic color scheme but you are right that her teal and violet don't mesh with her pale gold thparkleth and deep blue and the pink was to play with the teal and violet - way too much going on there. I'm going to use some of Forgon's ideas to try and remedy that. I'm glad you said something about the mask - I was iffy on that as well. She'll cover half of her face but not the flayed-open skin from her nose to her chest? :p

Before Xiacenta had the helm, I had her wearing that opera mask with a bong-seon circlet instead. Do you think that fits better? I suppose she can go with some hair loss and exposing her butt (which will free up 3 accessory slots :o). I'll definitely add some leathery browns in there - that could work nicely.

Big thanks again. ^o^ I have some fixin' up to do!

I am very quick to take the vinegar route over honey, especially when comparing things like the content and amount of replies in the tons of other threads compared to mine. I make CaS characters to be shared. Most of what I make is to be shared - creation is never something I've done solely for myself. That only helps lead further to my sensitivity, I suppose.

Please don't fear critiquing. I just ask that, if you're going to use more harsh words, they should be combined with actual advice. Otherwise it's not critique - it becomes berating at that point. A very fine line nobody really notices looking from the outside in.

:) ... I think everyone here is attached to what they do and can be frustrated ... I understand ... :)

I had a good look at your thread... I am not prepared to give you a specific and expansive review like Poky did ...
in my head it is a little bit of a whirl wind right now.I will try to capture my overall impression.
I responded most to the sexual themes, and specifically how those themes intertwined with rank, power, and the reversals of those conditions. It all seems very appropriate set on the stage of a fighting game.
However, I would say I came to that more through the writing than through the characters... the characters weren't lacking... it might be just that it is spelled out the writing ... but that was my first impression.
Visually things seemed nicely balanced to me ...I look forward to more.

Poky said>
though chobek should give herself more credit since hers does get noticed

... I get plenty of attention ... I'm not really complaining... but I have noticed that my tastes are not necessarily in unison with the rest of the board. I think some of it is age... but also I simply make people I want to see fight each other ... and with my stuff I don't really respect the construct of the game ... in fact I often try to defy it. ... I like forcing the objects to give me what I want rather than what they offer. :) Not everyone feels that way ... and I think it bothers some ... for me I have an I'm OK You're OK kind of mind set on this . :) or at least I try to.

Back