The NBA (and everything Basketball) Thread

ShaolinTiger86

[13] Hero
Hello, fellow 8WayRunners, This is ShaolinTiger86 back again with a new thread. As most of you know, I am a huge fan of basketball and would love to share my knowledge and insight of the game with just about anyone. And with the 2012-2013 NBA Season less than a month away, I would like to make this thread about basketball, ranging from favorite team(s) and player(s) to who you think should be traded to another team and college basketball. This is the NBA (and everything basketball) thread.

its gonna be a down year for the hawks, but i dont mind because we never made it to one finals with joe, smoove, and horford. honestly it was time to move on, to think we could have had chris paul but instead we got marvin williams and traded him. like i said it was time to move on, but i just wonder what it would be like f we got CP3...

Yeah, ever since Joe Johnson joined the Brooklyn Nets, the Hawks are going to have a uphill battle for years to come unless they draft a shooting guard that can fill that role. The way i see it for the southeast division is that Miami will be first, Atlanta will be second, Washington will be third, Orlando and Charlotte will be at the bottom taking either 4th or sth.

Dunno how I feel about this upcoming season.

I was pretty disappointed with my Spurs last year. I really thought it was going to be our year again. They didn't look old at all, and we were finally injury free. Damn OKC...

Also, I live in southern Cali, so the number of annoying Laker bandwagoners are going through the roof now that Dwight is in LA. I've got a lot of incoming arguments headed my way this season, lol.

I thought the Spurs were gonna go all the way last season but you gotta give Oklahoma City credit for playing as hard as they did against them. And as far as the Lakers are concerned, a lot of bandwagoners are already talking about them going to the finals against Miami and that they're going to win it all. Take it from me, I'm a Miami Heat fan and I should know from experience.

I honestly don't think it is a sure thing for any team in any conference for who is going to make the finals. There are to many evenly matched teams in both. For the west there are like 6 teams that have finals potential and about 4 on the east (5 if D. Rose is healthy for the Bulls).

I see what you are talking about. Most teams aren't guaranteed a trip to the finals unless they have 3 superstars and a decent bench to carry them. The 6 (or 7) teams from the west I believe could make the finals are The Los Angeles Lakers, Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies, and either the Los Angeles Clippers or Denver Nuggets. As for the east, I would have to say Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, Indiana Pacers, New York Knicks, and Chicago Bulls. But in the case for the Bulls, Derrick Rose won't return until the midseason, so Chicago may have to tough it out.

Anyone else think the Knicks have a good chance for post season success?
Now that you mention it, I think the Knicks will have a good post season run. I see them being the sleeper team of the East because all the attention will be on Miami and Boston but I won't count out the Knicks.

Totally new look for my Dallas Mavericks this year. I like the players we acquired just hope it works out.
Well, they got Darren Collison, Elton Brand, Chris Kaman, OJ Mayo, and Dahntay Jones. So Dallas does have a few pieces that can help them get further in the playoffs.

Yea I know they picked up some nice players just hoping they jell and Dirk can lead them back to the championship. Prolly not but would be nice. I think it's gonna be a repeat of last years finals though. Miami (lebron really) and OKC are just too strong. Might see a different result though :)

Well, I heard that Dirk is pretty high on his new teammates and I think Dallas will be in the playoffs. I don't want to call them a sleeper team of the West but with teams like The L.A. Lakers and Oklahoma City getting all the attention, Dallas might as well be a semi-sleeper team, sort of like the Knicks.

It's hard to bet against the Heat right now but I'll guess the Thunder will still be their biggest test out of the west. Nobody outta the east can beat them I don't think. Lakers might do sum thing but think Westbrook will run circles around Nash so I'm picking Thunder outta the west. Dallas has some good players I'm just hoping they can jell as a team and make a playoff run.

damn son, how do you guys think that james harden trade will affect the thunder, and more importantly the rockets?

Back