The Official Jennifer Hale Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena

[09] Warrior
As some of you may know, Tira has been voiced in all of her canon appearances in the Soul series by the lovely Jennifer Hale, a voice acting veteran. For those not in the know, you've probably heard her voice (or one of her voices, she is good at a lot of them) in a game you like, whether she's on a journey aboard the Normandy as the honorable (or renegade) Commander Shepard, or xtuple-crossing you as the seductive geneticist Naomi Hunter in the Metal Gear Solid series, or blowing up the usual planet and hunting Phazon-powered Space Pirates as the legendary mercenary Samus Aran in the Metroid Prime series. She's even made an vocal appearance in cartoons, like her roll as the Black Cat in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon. (She's also my headcanon voice actress for Karen of the Elite Four.)

This thread is to celebrate the delightfully creepy tones and lines that Tira has this time around. Her previous efforts as Tira were good (although some, myself sorta included, complained a lot about the high-pitched shrieks that were Jolly Tira), but I think she really came into her own in V, giving Tira much-needed depth with the delivery of her lines, especially in the Story. Watching her interact with Laura Bailey's Pyrrha sent chills of creepedness down my spine, and I adored her voice so much that I even picked her up as a character for the first time since III.

Yep. She's had a lot of roles and she's one of those folks that actually put effort into their performances. Always good to see more of that :D

Ehm you are all suffering from some sort of lunacy. Japanese Tira is the only Tira. Jennifer "I am every female in everything ever repeatedly" Hale is soooo not better.

JH is awesome. Most people will have played the Mass Effect series with a male Shepard, but she did an amazing job on every little bit of dialogue in these games, and especially for the important moments. She's one of the main reasons I keep coming back to ME, because the Shepard character is so well done.

EDIT: oh yeah and her performance as Tira is one of the best in the game too. The Japanese voice actress is also really great.

EDIT: oh yeah and her performance as Tira is one of the best in the game too. The Japanese voice actress is also really great.

Tira is a murderous bitch, Jenn Hale sounds like she is ordering coffee. Jap FTW. Whatever to the rest of you.

Ever watch Clone Wars. She is in nearly every episode as different characters but she kind of forgets to change her voice. I like her voice, its just I do not see her as Tira and I am fed up of hearing her.

She is like a stalker, I would do what bjork did to that crazed reporter if I saw her.

Ehm you are all suffering from some sort of lunacy. Japanese Tira is the only Tira. Jennifer "I am every female in everything ever repeatedly" Hale is soooo not better.

713-why-u-mad-thou.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back