The Rusted Repository (compiled personal designs and discussion)

Alpha Patroklos: Encounter Suit

WellSuited001.jpg

WellSuited002.jpg
WellSuited003.jpg

Attachments

• WellSuited007.jpg
    WellSuited007.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 40
  • WellSuited005.jpg
    WellSuited005.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 36
  • WellSuited004.jpg
    WellSuited004.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 32
Wow! i really like this one. the first thing that came to mine was "Berserk". i might have to give SC5 another chance :)
Thanks, Glitch! If I recall correctly, this was my first creation when I started experimenting with the older editors again recently. I very quickly began to re-appreciate the asset collection of SCV's editor when I did. :) I still have about thirty new designs left, including about a dozen more really solid SCV creations. But the more of them I share, the more I keep feeling compelled to create more SCVI designs so I can present them in groups of 4. :) A little neurotic, I admit! We'll see whether my laziness/lack of time wins out over my compulsiveness!

BTW, your new Ayane is frickin' killer, man! The Kasumi is pretty damn slick too, but the Ayane is impeccably designed. Seriously one of the best non-SC replication/reference creations I have ever seen. I bet that one felt really rewarding when you took the pictures with the newest approach/flourishes. :)

Thanks, Glitch! If I recall correctly, this was my first creation when I started experimenting with the older editors again recently. I very quickly began to re-appreciate the asset collection of SCV's editor when I did. :) I still have about thirty new designs left, including about a dozen more really solid SCV creations. But the more of them I share, the more I keep feeling compelled to create more SCVI designs so I can present them in groups of 4. :) A little neurotic, I admit! We'll see whether my laziness/lack of time wins out over my compulsiveness!

BTW, your new Ayane is frickin' killer, man! The Kasumi is pretty damn slick too, but the Ayane is impeccably designed. Seriously one of the best non-SC replication/reference creations I have ever seen. I bet that one felt really rewarding when you took the pictures with the newest approach/flourishes. :)
Happy new years!
Whoa! you got thirty designs left?? i can't wait to see them! i really like that you're creating on SC3/ SC4/ SC5 and SC6 simultaneously. i was i had the patience to do that lol.
aww thanks man! that Ayane design was probably the easiest out the bunch. seeing other people recreate Ayane and Kasumi really forced me to create my own version of those characters, while sticking to the source material of course :)

I finally got around to making a handful of new SCVI designs, and now have 10-20 new creations for each game, SCIII, SCIV, SCV, and SCVI. It's still going to take some time to snapshot and present them all, but here's one of my favs from this lot as a very small taster. :)

Talim: Face the Music
(aka 'Van Talim')
RockOutWithYourTonfaOut.jpg

StylishEntry.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I keep just not finding time to share anything I've created in the last six months so I'm just going to drop a bunch of them in a chunk of very basic previews of one or two images each. Usually I like to share more when I have them and show the various iterations I went through on the way to one or two final design variants. But no time for that now. Maybe I'll just do more detailed follow ups for anything anyone shows interest in. Anyhow, hence I bring you the Rusted Spring Preview:

Let's start with a bunch of Astaroths. I don't know why I keep ending up making so many Astaroth designs. I've certainly never mained him--not one game going back to his introduction in Soulcalibur I. And yet somehow since SCIV I've made more than forty XP designs for this brutally intimidating goon. This is a nice little collection of designs, if I do say so myself, though the last one is in rough draft shape and needs something to tie it together; the SCIV editor can be limiting for some types of design.
FeeFiFoFum.jpg
Hohoho.jpg
Astaroth: Psychoclops (Red with Wrath)
Astaroth: Psychoclops (Green with Envy)
Revealing.jpg
ClassicalMoves.jpg
Astaroth: Monstrosity
Astaroth: Pawn en Punishment
SharplyDressed.jpg
Ruh-Roh.jpg
Astaroth: Perforation
WannaBone.jpg
Abbatoth.jpg
Astaroth: The Bone Age
Astaroth: Enlightenment

Last edited:
A few Raphs, or rather a pair with variations.

Raphael: Black Hat

DrawVarmit!.jpg

Raphael: The Officer

HereComesTheCalvalry.jpg

Raphael: Bloody Barony (Ceremonial)

Intent01.jpg

Raphael: Bloody Barony (Battlefield)

Intent02.jpg

And where Raphael goes, you're sure to find Amy, so...

Amy: Dark Conversion

Sable01.jpg
Albino01.jpg

GotTheDrop.jpg

BeatdownClub.jpg
Amy4X.jpg
Amy: Extracarricular Blade
Amy: Guilded Guard

And a handful of reference works. I'm pretty happy with each of these, though the last one was done as request for an adorable dork, with a single picture for reference, so I'm not sure how hard I nailed it (and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to get the emblem quite right with the SCV tools). I neglected a scar and emblem on the second one: must come back around to that..

The Honor Guard

BackLikeABoomerang.jpg

The Covert (?) Operative

HammyDrill01.jpg

Haohmaru: The Drifter

It'sNotOver!.jpg

The Wind on High (SCV)

MightAsWellJump-01.jpg

UberLad

JustSuper.jpg

About fifty more finished designs to come..soon as I can.

Last edited:

WotADragon.jpg
Professorial.jpg
Maxi: The Dragon
Maxi: Calculation
MaximumEffortless.jpg
MinMax.jpg
Maxi: Industrial
MaxI: Bull by the Horns

Last edited:
This original design has a bit of a narrative arc baked into the design choices.

Alujah (Innocence)

AngelEyes013.jpg

AngelEyes012.jpg
AngelEyes011.jpg

Alujah (Vengeance)

Vclose.jpg
AngelEyes016.jpg

AngelEyes006.jpg

Alujah (Benevolence)

AllieLate.jpg
AngelEyes007.jpg
AngelEyes008.jpg