The SoulCalibur Memes

19028961.jpg

Guize, guize. Now, first, I will admit that a few of the things in this thread made me laugh. I "liked" those few. But as for the entire rest of this thread, /b/ would like to have a word with you. Wrong. You're doing it.

Guize, guize. Now, first, I will admit that a few of the things in this thread made me laugh. I "liked" those few. But as for the entire rest of this thread, /b/ would like to have a word with you. Wrong. You're doing it.
Okay, let's see what you can do with memes.

Okay, let's see what you can do with memes.
You do not understand the concept of a meme if you don't understand what I am saying. These "memes" are particular to 4chan (the origin of the style), and by extension Reddit and 9gag (which are poorly executed mimics of the lighter, more adult approved humor.) These joke styles have not, in fact, been popular outside of Reddit or 9gag since about 2007. Memes are "an idea, behavior or style that spreads from person to person within a culture." This definition from Wikipedia. One could legitimately say that directional notation is a meme of Soul Calibur. Thus, the application of the term Meme is thus accurate, in this case, but I digress. This stinks of what would be called (on a certain other site I have frequented since 2003) cancer.

You do not understand the concept of a meme if you don't understand what I am saying. These "memes" are particular to 4chan (the origin of the style), and by extension Reddit and 9gag (which are poorly executed mimics of the lighter, more adult approved humor.) These joke styles have not, in fact, been popular outside of Reddit or 9gag since about 2007. Memes are "an idea, behavior or style that spreads from person to person within a culture." This definition from Wikipedia. One could legitimately say that directional notation is a meme of Soul Calibur. Thus, the application of the term Meme is thus accurate, in this case, but I digress. This stinks of what would be called (on a certain other site I have frequented since 2003) cancer.
I see now.

Btw, not trolling, just meaning to say that these "memes" are badly corrupted forms of the jokes they are based off of, i.e. Rage Comics and Bachelor Frog/ Courage Wolf, which were mostly unfunny memes in the first place, though I've seen a few decent things that you would misname rage comics.

Btw, not trolling, just meaning to say that these "memes" are badly corrupted forms of the jokes they are based off of, i.e. Rage Comics and Bachelor Frog/ Courage Wolf, which were mostly unfunny memes in the first place, though I've seen a few decent things that you would misname rage comics.

But by extention, they've become their own memes! =|;}D

Wearing trousers is a meme. Drinking beer is a meme. Washing up is a meme. Any action that can be repeated and is not inherently necessary to our survival (So, drinking, eating and sleeping) are memes.

And yet, many people find enjoyment in the memes posted in this thread. Vive et viva.

Poor Raphael...It makes me wanna share some love to him XD;;( meaning I start using him in SCV <<;; >>;; No other kind of love...) and lmao!

Back