Tier List Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.png
what we're all really thinking

the hard truth

Untitled1.png

Last edited:
I don't trust tier lists any more. As far as I am concerned, a good player using their main can beat another good player using their main, no matter which character their main is.

There is too much room for being biased while making a tier list. A 'true' tier list, if it were even possible, would have to come from a player who knows every single character intimately (I mean being able to enter and win a tournament using any character they choose) as well as having no personal opinion on any of the characters, and I am almost sure that there is no such thing of a player like that.

...Or gather some of the top tournament players from their respective countries, give them all a solid month away from their lives to train and bring them all to a 'SCV Winner Takes All Kumite' and make a tier list based on which place the player's respective character placed. But could you really call that a truly accurate tier list? People make mistakes, after all.

Then again, I don't know what I'm talking about, and neither does anybody else.

Last edited:
I don't trust tier lists any more. As far as I am concerned, a good player using their main can beat another good player using their main, no matter which character their main is.

There is too much room for being biased while making a tier list. A 'true' tier list, if it were even possible, would have to come from a player who knows every single character intimately (I mean being able to enter and win a tournament using any character they choose) as well as having no personal opinion on any of the characters, and I am almost sure that there is no such thing of a player like that.

...Or gather some of the top tournament players from their respective countries, give them all a solid month away from their lives to train and bring them all to a 'SCV Winner Takes All Kumite' and make a tier list based on which place the player's respective character placed. But could you really call that a truly accurate tier list? People make mistakes, after all.

tbh tiers don't really exists imo, you can't really have a 'real tier list' as opposed to an accurate tier list.
you could assess a character's ease of use and the amount of output you'd get from them, by doing this you would have to sample from players themselves, both new and veterans alike...get each player so play around with the character you're tier-ing and enter the results...the more that you sample from, more accurate your result will be.

you can then ask another group of people to sample another character and compare the results

But you're ignoring the fact that the players won't be of equal skill level, nor are the characters designed equally. By nature one person will be better than the other, and one character will be better than another unless it's a mirror match.

Tier lists are about placing a character into a ranking by tallying how well they perform in their individual matchups. There will be some bias as people are giving their personal opinions on matchups or may not even know what they're talking about to begin with, which is why you want to look at information from multiple sources and come to your conclusion.

tbh tiers don't really exists imo, you can't really have a 'real tier list' as opposed to an accurate tier list.

If tiers didn't exist, then there wouldn't be 10000 threads on tiers and we'd be playing pong instead of a fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back