Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Okay, did I just have a weird glitch in the game or does JS CH 2A actually break their clothing upon KO?

That seems it would be the absolute weakest break in the game.

Okay, did I just have a weird glitch in the game or does JS CH 2A actually break their clothing upon KO?

That seems it would be the absolute weakest break in the game.
Certain clothing breaks are just random in the game for no particular reason. A good example is When tira kills herself with Certain moves, it can cause her clothing to "break". On a side note, guys please don't fill this thread with unnecessary posts. The forums need to stay clean so people can get to Tech and information easier.

Im starting to use GS 44A quite a bit recently, not too popular a move, some people don't know it exists. I think its a really good tool in Tira's fighting style, that some other characters envy. (I could just tell you why I use it, or I could write it in list form, cause why not?) I generally use it similar to Leixia's 44B or Mitsu's 4B, its a great move to throw out, especially after a pushback move like GS 6A or 1B

GS 44A
- 36 DMG (This move usually hits side turned opponents due to the TS, so it'll likely be 38 DMG)
- KND on NH - Only -10 on block.
- Mid range, horizontal mid
- Built in Tech Step
- Breaks in 14

So this moves look pretty good right? Relatively safe, does some good damage, tracks very well, has amazing evasive options and even does some chip guard damage. There is, however one glaring property that haunts this move.
It has a chance to change your stance from Gloomy to Jolly, on both block AND hit.
and that factor ALONE is enough for some Tira players to completely shun the move. But I still want to know, what does this thread think about the move? I'm pretty crazy about it at the moment.

I use GS 44A when I get around half health for a safe, reliable way to switch back to JS. That way if I get hit again, I get switched back to GS. Most Tira players I've seen lack a method for switching back to JS when needed like Decopon does. So I found 44A to be useful for that.

I've always loved GS 44A, but I use it sparingly. Extremely useful in certain situations, though I find myself being whacked out of it's step many a time. I use it for tha hard reads for *reverse* ringouts and such. I also use it up close rather than after something like a 6A. I've actually somewhat stopped using 6A, I used to toss it out all the time.

GS 44A was one of my go-to moves in SC4 but since the persona change rate is so high in this game, I've avoided it. Doing as Harry said and using it to switch back to JS prior to reaching 40% health is a smart tactic that I'll try to adopt, though.

It doesn't self-damage in this game, does it?

Xyerith told me to post this here because he is stupid

" Some GS 44A tech I think you guys should know. GS 44A's tech step is not affected by the FrC system where stepping becomes -28 in FrC. So it isn't a bad move to throw out after blocking moves such as Mitsu 66A+B. 44A will beat out a large portion of Mitsu's offensive and defensive options. This strategy also allows one to avoid the second hit of Pyrrha's 66B BE, so if one can't JG it, that is always a punish. GS 44A can also step certain Horizontals such as Pat's 66A."

GS 44A was one of my go-to moves in SC4 but since the persona change rate is so high in this game, I've avoided it. Doing as Harry said and using it to switch back to JS prior to reaching 40% health is a smart tactic that I'll try to adopt, though.

It doesn't self-damage in this game, does it?
It does not self-damage. At least I've never seen it do that. I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

I'm a decent Tira but I went to practice and started learning ukemi traps... and is it just me or does Tira have the best ukemi traps in the game? O_O 666B BE hits grounded and if they ukemi it can add alot of damage. I know I'm probably late just figuring this out but I wanted to brag about how OP I think Tira is. >:)

I'm a decent Tira but I went to practice and started learning ukemi traps... and is it just me or does Tira have the best ukemi traps in the game? O_O 666B BE hits grounded and if they ukemi it can add alot of damage. I know I'm probably late just figuring this out but I wanted to brag about how OP I think Tira is. >:)
She's definitely got some good setups for GS tech traps. If timed properly, the 666bBE trap you mentioned is very good. Another good one I think people forget about (including myself) is GS 4B.B:B 44(B). It catches all directions, hits grounded, etc. I feel it's worth throwing out every once in a while.

The Tira SA, where your burning questions get answered 3 times in a row.
She's definitely got some good setups for GS tech traps. If timed properly, the 666bBE trap you mentioned is very good. Another good one I think people forget about (including myself) is GS 4B.B:B 44(B). It catches all directions, hits grounded, etc. I feel it's worth throwing out every once in a while.
This right here, say what you will about Jolly, but Gloomy's damage potential is through the fucking roof with her tech traps.

The Tira SA, where your burning questions get answered 3 times in a row.

This right here, say what you will about Jolly, but Gloomy's damage potential is through the fucking roof with her tech traps.
Exactly. If you have an opponent that techs pretty consistently, they're definitely worth throwing out there. Most characters' good tech traps don't hit grounded, so if the opponent doesn't tech, you get zero damage.

Worst case scenario with GS Tira is you time it wrong and you miss... however, this can leave you pretty badly open. 666B missed can be devastating. 44(B), however, I haven't been punished too badly on, if at all, when used after a 4K combo ender..thing.

Back