Tira General Discussion / Q&A

If you launch them from the side or the back, 3B 4A 4K will make them land in a position to get a second 4K in.

However, with proper timing, you can step forward from a normal launch and get that second 4K in. The timing is pretty strict though.

JS 3B W!, 44K, BT B+K (W!) B A+B, then adapt your combo from here depending on whether Tira changes to GS or not at this point.
There are also a couple different ways to start her JS wall combo along with 3B. Both 6K and 66AA work. Although, 66AA is a bit tricky in that you have to hit the opponent with it from tip range to help ensure that you have enough time to recover to land the 44K and finish the combo. Even then, it sometimes doesn't connect.

Once you begin the combo, the way I do it to make sure the A+B connects is that once you press the BT B+K, just start hitting A+B. You'll connect with the BT B and ensure you connect with the A+B portion of the combo.

66A.A for a wall combo starter isn't ideal. You can't be too close to the wall and distance from the opponent is also a factor. Shoot for something a little more reliable.

It's a shame they took away the launcher from 2A.B. You could get some neat combos with that before.

4B+K.B W! 66K W! 88B 2A.B.A+B ~ More fun than damaging, but still.

Ok so, I have a question. Has anyone found out a practical way to connect Tira's :(A+B): so it hits more than once? I've only been able to connect two hits with a raw :(A+B): in practice with the training dummy with its back against the wall. It just doesn't make much sense to me that Tira is given a move that could potentially hit three times but no practical way to use it in a match...at least not that I can see.

As I mentioned on an earlier page, I like to use GS 44A as my go to option for switching back to JS when I need to. Everyone needs to have a method for going back to JS before they reach 40% health, and GS 44A seems the best to me. As for JS 44A, that move seems largely useless to me, but then again Tira is more of a tertiary character for me.

Is there any use of her GS/JS 44A?? Oh and her 4B+K B??
Although I KNOW I shouldn't, I enjoy using JS 44A.A. If the second part hits, JS 66bBE is guaranteed. However, you shouldn't for a few reasons..

It's interruptable, it's slow, it's unsafe on block, both versions are fairly visible, and the 44A.2A is unsafe on hit 'cause Namco hates Tira and wants to see her suffer.

GS 44A is actually a good move and I don't use it as often as I should. Harry's use is a very good use for it due to it's extremely high change rate. It's pretty good for evasion. I'm sure, if tested, it could potentially step some strings.

4B+K is a great move, however, its speed is a downfall. I use it after a NH jump B or a WR B that I don't use the string. It catches all tech directions and if you don't spam the B after it, it should be relatively safe if they don't tech. I also will occasionally do 4B+K.B after a guard burst. It's good because in Jolly, you can do 236kBE and get a good chance to GS. JS 66bBE is also guaranteed after this, however, the timing is pretty strict. If you're near a wall but they don't splat, JS 66bBE or GS 666B would be a tasty followup. I've heard it's also good after a GI 'cause if they do one back right away, 4B+K will hit them after their GI times out. I wouldn't know 'cause I rarely attempt a GI.

Yeah, it's actually a very good move with only -6 on block. JS actually has some pretty good pokes. JS often gets overshadowed by GS but I think that JS is much better than some people may think.

Some of my favorite moves come from JS: 66K, 44K, 22_88B, 2A, 6A, CH 11_77B

I like that 6A is CH confirmable. A bit of a tight window but certainly doable. I also like 44K. Her kick pokes are basically safe except 2K. I think 3K is good also, and it can punish Pyrrha's 3B from a decent range. Oh also, I love Tira's 2K.

Yeah, it's actually a very good move with only -6 on block. JS actually has some pretty good pokes. JS often gets overshadowed by GS but I think that JS is much better than some people may think.

Some of my favorite moves come from JS: 66K, 44K, 22_88B, 2A, 6A, CH 11_77B
All very good pokes! Also just the regular 236K!

Back