Today's PC Video Cards.

HolyForce

I will show you...
It's hard to believe I've been console gaming more than PC these past couple years. The ease of the Xbox360 (and ease of obtaining games w/ modded console) has pushed my lazy button. While I still love my 360, I want to build a new desktop PC (I'm perfectly content with my laptop for mobile purposes).

That being said, I'm totally out of the scene on what's good lately - namely video cards. Of course I want a quad core processor and such, as for that side of things.

Anyone care to clue me into what some of the best bi- or tri-card setups are, and how needed or overkill they may be? Additionally, whats a real good single card solution and expectations of?

Thanks for saving me Googletime.

If by "bi" and "tri" cards set ups you mean using SLI and Crossfire, it's not all that nessesary unless you have a huge budget to afford a top of the line CPU + ram (and everything else) because without it the multiple GFX cards will create a bottleneck and not reach their potential

As for the single cards, it's really up to you, I believe Nvidia's now on their 9x series of cards (I hear that the 8 series is still really good).. and I guess the same goes for ATI... just remember when buying a card that more memory doesn't always = better due to the ram ( in budget cards) being clocked at lower speeds but giving you more VRAM

Back