UFGT8: SC5 Results: Chicago, IL: 5/25/12 - 5/27/12:

Sluch

[10] Knight
What's up everyone!?

Here are the results for Top 16 for the SCV tournament that took place over the weekend at UFGT8.

SCV Results: (Copy & Paste from UFGT8 Results Page on SRK):

1. LostProvidence (Viola)
2. Mateo Galvan (Mitsurugi)
3. BrewtusBibulus (Algol)
4. Mystic Bill (Natsu)
5. iKotomi (Pyrrha)
5. jimmypikachuchoi (Leixia)
7. Phil Bond (Nightmare)
7. EG|fLoE (Nightmare, Natsu)
9. S-LDA|AU_IM_DIGIMON (Yoshimitsu, Raphael)
9. Justrollin (Z.W.E.I.)
9. EG|Justin Wong (Pyrrha)
9. Jace (Nightmare)
13. MR. ALL CAPS (Natsu)
13. ChosenNinja (Viola)
13. Dark Obliske (Cervantes)
13. (Last Person in Top 16 wasn't posted on SRK)

It was great to see some high quality SCV going on this past weekend at UFGT8. Congrats to Lost Providence for getting 1st, Mateo for getting 2nd, & Bibulus for getting 3rd.

I wish I was able to enter SCV this past weekend at UFGT8, but I play on a PS3 pad, & since it's not Dual Modded, as well as not having a PS3 to X-Box 360 converter handy, I was not able to play in the SCV tournament this weekend due to that. *sad-faced* I may consider Dual Modding one of my PS3 controllers I use so that I won't run into this issue in the future.

Regardless, I still got in a lot of casuals in SCV this weekend when someone had SCV hooked up on the PS3, so that was a lot of fun. Good games to Mystic Bill, Jimmy Pikachu Choi, Mateo Galvan, Lost Providence, Hawkeye, & Aftaburn on Saturday & Sunday. It was a lot of fun, I learned a lot, & I hope to get some more SCV matches in with ya guys sometime soon either offline or online whenever we get the chance.

SCV was a lot of fun this weekend. I was that pat player getting beat up by everyone in casuals and taunting people for winning 1 game after losing 10 straight. I had a lot of fun playing Hawkeye, LP, iKotomi, Bibulus, Mystic Bill, Mateo, that really mad leixia player, and everyone else who didn't tell me their name.

After checking out the tourney on Friday, I really wish I had entered! D: It turned out I had plans for Saturday and Sunday, but Friday I got some great casuals in with some great players!

Extra shoutouts to Mateo Galvin and Biblius for giving me some great tips on how to level up my game. I'll definitely be coming to the next tourney in the area!

MysticBill is actually one word, but everyone gets that wrong.

GGs to everyone. I would of liked to play more casuals, but i was pretty mentally drained after my matches.

I will post shoutouts when i have more free time.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to thank all those who came out to UFGT and competed.

Thanks to everyone I talked to who helped combat my ignorance with the Soul Calibur series. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to more people, but I was super busy running around the venue all weekend. We hope you enjoyed the event and we hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.

And for future reference, there's no option in the game to turn off Pyrrha's voice, right? Just curious.

that really mad leixia player
LOL yes that guy was epic. He was spamming 6KK in casuals and I told him it was unsafe, and he told me "no dude it's totally safe you can't punish that, trust me" haha... Several 236B punishes later he looked at me like O_o are you a wizard?

He also asked me "how do you break that throw?" after getting reverse rung out by sieg's CH 1B.

Anyways, ggs to those I played in casuals on friday, if you don't know me I was that decent patroklos player. Was especially nice to get some games in with RyuJin and Bibulus; I learned a lot. I also learned that Chicago has some *interesting* restaurants haha

damn...bib in top 3? congrats. so i guess we can BAN ALGOL now? :P

good shit LP. after the other night on PSN, when i was whining incessantly about the metagame, i watched the stream with the same couple friends who were over drinking with me that night. one of them was like, "isn't that the guy who whooped your ass and then booted you from the room the other night, who you said was really fucking good?"

i was like, "hahahahahaha yep. that scrub."

good shit.

damn...bib in top 3? congrats. so i guess we can BAN ALGOL now? :P

good shit LP. after the other night on PSN, when i was whining incessantly about the metagame, i watched the stream with the same couple friends who were over drinking with me that night. one of them was like, "isn't that the guy who whooped your ass and then booted you from the room the other night, who you said was really fucking good?"

i was like, "hahahahahaha yep. that scrub."

good shit.

That wasn't me who kicked you. =p

Had lots of fun at te tournament (never knew Chicago has so many other S players!). Dunno when shoutouts'll happen because I've got classes, so, for now, good games to everybody.

LostProvidence: Crazy Viola stuff. I've never seen anyone own Mateo and rush him down like that. It was hella funny watching you play the first day. Sorry about the controller thing. I didn't wanna risk it getting broken, since I had another match, but I was kinda a dick about it. Otherwise, I'd have no problem with you using it. Let's all rep the midwest for EVO!!! That gauntlet looks bada$$ on you!!!

Mateo-chan: Go WI!!! I thought you were gonna make a good comeback in the GF's. It was funny that you were seeded 1st and yet all the good players wound up in your draw: LP, Ryujin, esom.
Bibulus: Congrats on your first win against me, GRRRRRRRRRR!!! I really wanted to win, but you wanted it more, and pwned me for free with Algol. I almost made a 2nd game comeback, but it was too late. Good hanging out with you. I'll get those stats to you as soon as I can get them all organized...

Bill-chan!!!! BBK!!!!! good stuff. You are really getting up there and I hope I can catch up with you and Mateo-chan. It'll be a great EVO for sure. See ya in Vegas.
iKotomi- good $hit against Mateo. That was the best I had ever seen you play against him. Added that there were moments of luck, you really stepped it up. Mateo will have only higher expectations of you now...but it's good to see what your potential coming into fruition. 1AA is UB now...LOL

Caleb-chan: Way to get outta the death pool. You really did well and proved to many that you can hold your own. You did well against me, and were kinda annoying that you weren't doing what you normally did, but I went into the fight just predicting that you were gonna do A+B, and WHEW I was glad I didn't get hit with that move...LOL
Webster: Good Raph, I was nervous to fight you. You had some good stuff that I haven't seen with Raph, but t was very tricky. Hope you go to EVO too, and WI will take over all the brackets....

Justin Wong: Nice to meet you. I wasn't sure what to do against your Pyrrha, cuz I had only watched your Xiba vids. Fun stuff.
Dark Obliske: Nice to meet you. You should come up to Madison and play SCV some time. You have good potential and you live in the city with one of the strongest grps of SCV players in the nation, collectively speaking LP, Hawkeye, Thuggish, Typhoon. Try and get in touch with them. I'm sure they won't mind helping you get to your potential. We'll meet again for sure.

Great matches WI players. You represented very well.

Webster - Jimmy showed me your plays with one of my favorite characters in the series Raphael. :sc5rap1: I will be definitely studying and trying to apply what you've done in my own play with the character. Glad to see that I'm not the only Raph player out there. ;)

If I remember right, there were about 11-13 people in my pool. There were 4 pools. So, I would guess around 45-55 players.

Back