*UPDATED* Soulcalibur + Bayonetta = Huh?

• Admin
While its nothing new that Namco has featured guest character designs in previous Soulcalibur games; this new one its a bit of a surprise, considering the source. In a new report from 1up; it has been announced that Mari Shimazaki has optioned to create three costumes for the game, including Leixia's 1P.

Mari Shimazaki was the character designer who came up with Bayonetta. The 1up article also features a bit more information about how Shimazaki found herself with the job, and a drop from Hisaharu Tago in how Bayonetta was one of their original guest character choices, but was excluded because of time constraints. Future DLC?

ivy_suit_fix_back_new111115 copy.jpg ivy_suit_fix_front_new111115 copy.jpg ivy_suit_fix_side_new111115 copy.jpg Leixia_back_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg Leixia_front_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg Leixia_side_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg
tira_back_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg tira_front_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg tira_side_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_007 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_005 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_012 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_014 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_002 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_008 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_010 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_013 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_001 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_002 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_003 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_003 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_astaroth1_006 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_001 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_003 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_001 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_004 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_005 copy.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Hahahaha love the Austin Powers Ivy, so bad it's funny. I feel like designs this bad could only shine in the shenanigantopia that is Japan or a raunchy 70's flick. Tira's isn't bad but wth happened to her hair. Spooky forehead is spooky. o_O

I like how they gave her a "deliciously evil" look for an alternative instead of her usual "unstable manic" appearance

You mean to tell me that her 1P costume doesn't seem "unstable manic" to you XD

not so sure about "deliciously evil" but i'm glad her outfit has so much thought put into....... now as for Ivy......

Ivy's doesn't fit the time period. That said, it's mighty delicious, especially with the snake motif. Very classy and sexy, unlike most of her default outfits.

As for Bayonetta, make her DLC!

/takemymoney.jpg

My body is ready.

I am ok with the fluff on Ivy's top, but not with the ones around her legs.

And they better change her hairstyle, don't be cheap Namco!

These designs are perfect. I don't know what y'all are going on about.

Tira's fits perfectly! Her hair looks like she styled it herself in her jolly side and the dress fits in with her bird motif! So, to the people who say, "Urgh, where're the feathers???" Well, here they are. Also, her boots seem to be a direct reference to Hermes, so another point for referencing mythology! <3

Ivy's is veeeeery nice. It's just enough skin hidden to be modest, but still have sex appeal. Her choker is gorgeous and references her snake motif. It's very "Jeanne" and I like that. Jeanne's outfit was stunning and this gold/white rendition of it makes it perfect for Ivy's rich background.

I honestly like everything about both costumes! I find nothing wrong with either one, but that's just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back