[Vancouver, BC, Canada] Kanucks!

Discussion in 'The Rest of Americas' started by selece, Oct 19, 2008.

1. ClanFury

ClanFury [01] Neophyte

I do :) , Lol im In Burnaby :D.
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    you play on the xbox or the playstation ?

so are ya up for some offline sessions ?
  2. ClanFury

ClanFury [01] Neophyte

I play xbox , and could really care less. Im not terrible offline, just not amazing. Lol.
  3. Nukleurfire

Nukleurfire [06] Combatant

I'm in New Westminster. I got a PS3 and Soul Calibur 4.
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    cool nuk! if someone comes over to your place.. they can play you and your dad .. or am i getting my facts mixed up
  4. Deimlos

Deimlos [01] Neophyte

Doesn't look like there's a lot of activity here, but I figured I'd post just in case:

A bunch of us play fighting games at Magic Stronghold (5558 Lane Street, near Metrotown) in Burnaby every Wednesday night (SF, Marvel, KoF, Tekken). We'll be adding SCV to the mix, and are always looking to add more players to the community. They charge $5 for drop-in, or offer a monthly pass for $10 which allows you to come in and play on available setups whenever you want. The Facebook group is here. Hope to see some new faces soon!
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    Wednesday eh ? Sounds neat
  5. Dye

Dye [01] Neophyte

I live in Campbell River unfortunately. But if there's gonna be monthlies or something, somewhere on the mainland, I can probably show up every now and then.
  6. Orikasa

Orikasa [01] Neophyte

I played SCV last night at Stronghold and there seems to be growing interest in this game. There were at least 8 people who were playing the game. More if you count people who wanted to try the game out by playing a match or two.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.
  7. Von_Blackhardt

Von_Blackhardt [06] Combatant

I tend to work wednesdays, but next time I have one off I'll make a point of showing up.
  8. Orikasa

Orikasa [01] Neophyte

If we can get enough interest, it doesn't have to be Wednesday. Wednesday is just when most people show up, since Wednesday nights are when most people are free.

Not too long ago, a new BC Tekken community formed at Stronghold. It's starting to get big, so they've been showing up on Tuesday nights instead of competing for space on Wednesday with AE/UMvC3 players. I think there will be at least 2 SCV set-ups on Wed nights from here on out, though.

So the Stronghold pass lets you show up and play any day of the week. Just make sure you know people are going for sure, or else you'll be alone, lol.
  9. LazyBrave

LazyBrave [01] Neophyte

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, and I live in Vancouver. I can't join you at Stronghold since I have work on Wednesday nights, but if anyone's up for some offline, I can organize something on facebook or here.
  10. MuffinMan123

MuffinMan123 [07] Duelist

Vancouver where? I am near downtown, and I can't go to Metrotown on Wednesday either. I asked around and foud out that Magic stronghold doesn't guarantee setup for Soul Calibur, no dedicated gathering for this game. I don't want to pay $ up front only to find out I can't play what I come for.
  11. Dye

Dye [01] Neophyte

Thread is pretty dead, but is anyone gonna be at EVO? I will be and I wanna know if I'll be the only one from BC for SCV.
  12. MuffinMan123

MuffinMan123 [07] Duelist

anyone still reading this thread? I need some offline matchup practice really badly right now. I have a shitty AV cable recorder so if you want to make punishment videos we can help each other out.

as mentioned before, I live along broadway, can go to downtown as well
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014