Vanguard Princess another Loli fighter...

mizu-kitsu

[10] Knight
Looks like Sugeno (supposedly an ex-capcom employee) is trying to copy off of Arcana Heart:

The game is free and runs on windows.

From the videos, this game looks almost nothing like Arcana Heart. The characters aren't even lolis, lol. The game looks more like Super Turbo with air dashes and wall combos imo.

Read about this on one of my indie gaming sites and wasn't going to try it because my stick wasn't working. But now it is, so I might. I'm sure it's trash, but I try to keep up on things.

No net play or anything, though.

the graphics are astoundingly good looking in this game though, I intend to try it out soon

It's an interesting game. It's a doujin game without your traditional chains, long ass combos and air-dashing with a strong emphasis on footsies. Very few moves can combo into each other without the use of assists. However, there are characters that don't follow these conventions. You have 2 with fairly easy chains (both have rekkas that can combo from fairly easy to hit moves) and 1 that makes extensive use of stances. I haven't played with another person yet but judging from match videos online it looks to be a fairly solid game.

I told you it was called Vanguard Princess Tiagol. My Japanese skillz are teh 1337. Buff my peen plz kthx.

good keyboards are awesome for fighters. The only really bad thing about them is that its kind of easy to press the other person's buttons intentionally.

good keyboards are awesome for fighters. The only really bad thing about them is that its kind of easy to press the other person's buttons intentionally.

lol.. two people on one keyboard?
I don't think I could handle that.

You can hook up two keyboards to the same computer.

I know that, but unless we're sharing a keyboard, you're not pushing any of my buttons.
XD

EDIT- or do you mean that both are set on both keyboards? EX: P1 using left side, and P2 using right... But both keyboards have left and right controls? If so, sneaky sneakkyyyyy.

When you have two keyboards connected, it still reads inputs as if its one keyboard sending out key codes. You'd have to separate the keys anyways. Also, depending on how the internal coding is, if its a game like melty blood, even if you have a pad connected, it will still respond to the keyboard inputs.

I saw a few random videos of this game a few days ago and was wondering WTF it was.

The graphics are really good for a doujin fighter too.

The all girl cast is akin to Arcana Heart but it doesn't look anything like it in terms of gameplay and the girls aren't lolis. They just have retarded outfits with the sole purpose of being revealing or satisfying to a fetish of some sort. What more should you expect from a doujin fighter though?

So, it turns out there are lolis. Everyone gets a loli sidekick for assists.

Game looks nice and runs nice, but it's nearly impossible for most characters to combo off of normal hits without continues assist abuse, which feels really oldschool. A few of the characters are really neat, too, like the one based on gun stances, or the other one with the shield/spear thing that has a kind of Q/Balrog feel (mixing high/low/overhead charge attacks). I had some trouble getting my stick to work, so I only got to play for about 20 minutes and still have a couple characters left to try out, but I hear there's some sort of netplay in the works, which would be cool.

Also, one character has a single godamn move. And it sucks. So I'm guessing the game isn't quite done, or I have an earlier version.

Also, one character has a single godamn move. And it sucks. So I'm guessing the game isn't quite done, or I have an earlier version.
Nope. She just has a few easy target combos and retardedly fast assist meter regen. :)

And yes, there is a Tonfa girl in the game. Lol.

okay, wtf. without fail, all the soundtracks from every god damned fighter made by an independent studio from japan all sound the same. its like they all get their soundfonts from the same place. Every song goes one of 2 routes

A)
violins in the foreground with melody, harmonization with either cello or piano, and the percussion is either a canned loop (usually a modified jungle loop) or a light jazz kit playing a slow 4/4.

B)
replace violin with a guitar with cheap distortion (something along the lines of an Ibanez soundtank PL5), slight re-verb. Then they sneak violin in for maybe a bridge of sorts. Harmonization is still a piano or cello, if they do decide to use a electric bass, it sounds like a line that should be played on a cello. percussion is either a rock kit playing an upbeat 4/4 or its a canned loop (again, modified jungle beat).

i'd comment on the bass, but often times the bass line switches with the harmony and vice versa. There is almost NEVER a real bass.

I didn't even need to watch the video to realize that this game will only appeal to Weaboos and Pedophiles because the soundtrack was so bland.

Fast assist regen then? I guess that makes sense. Still, seems like a boring character, especially compared to the others.

Also, no air dashes, no double jumps, no big air combos, the stages are one screen high. This is nothing like MB or AH.

Most characters have weapons. A few swords of various sizes, tonfas, a bow and arrows, dual pistols, etc.

Back