Viola General Discussion / Q&A

Aye, it's the same with 2B+K 9B. It's just fun.

More stooff:

CH 66AAA B+K BE is pretty consistent, but what makes it awesome is that if they react, and start stepping, you get glorious mix-ups while the bomb is active. Going for another 66AAA is my personal favourite, seeing as they will be on edge and the CH wont be likely - and then they find out what happens when they duck the slow-ass High High High string for their amazing WR B punish xD

ORB BBB B+K BE into either grab will net a B+K BE hit. I prefer A+G myself as this allows you to land a full life combo with enough meter. Thus the mix-ups begin, MUHAHAHAHAHA. You could argue that ORB BBB is not the time to start doing more moves, especially on block, but I find real life fights don't go like that. People are edgy, and suspicious - people pause.

B+K BE grab mix-ups are the new thing I'm focusing on, and there are just.... so ... freaking many setups.

I had someone message me asking about the whole 66b into 3b game at the wall.

Just to clarify, the reason it rocks is because it works off of the 66b at the end of combos, and it's also the reason I said I'll be working on ORB combos after W!

So I've been trying out Viola, since I've been playing SCV again recently, and I'm having a blast so far. My current issue with her is controlling the orb. I know some strings can call it back when it's away from me, but I also know that I can set the orb away from me so that I can set up for combos. Any BnBs that I should know in order to control the orb better? I'm coming from Nightmare, so as you can imagine, it's quite hard to get used to a character where I have to work for my damage. Lol

I'm by no means the best Viola, but I picked her up after playing Siegfried for a while, so I understand what you mean. Generally to set the orb I'll either go far away and just B+K it, or use ORB 6B+K or BBB to put it down. As for calling it back, you mostly don't want to do that, but I'll use either AAB or BBB for that. Mostly you want to put it down like it's an empty cup your asshole friend tricked you into holding for him before running off to hit on some girl, and then use SET 6B+K to set up mixups and whatnot.

Thank you for the advice! I've been watching Viola videos on YouTube and I can see why people would hate this character. Her pressure and spacing is amazing!

Her pressure is amazing, but her spacing is not so good (spacing is the ability to keep opponents at a certain range). You want to be right in their face, all the time. As for setting the orb, I almost never use B+K or 2B+K, because they don't do anything besides set the orb so unless you're a million miles away you're asking to be whacked in the face (and against some characters they're never safe). I do it a lot with 2A+B for its advantage on block, but you can't just throw the move out; there are specific situations where it's useful. Her A-throw is also good, and 4A+B can set it too.

So with Viola, should I keep the orb with me at all times and just stay rushing down my opponent?
Ew, no, please do not keep the orb with you, that would not end well. You always want to have the orb set so Viola can do her stupid stuff. You want to be close range so you can do damage. 6B+K mixups will be very annoying for the opponent. Use 44A BE if they try to step.

6B+K mixups will be very annoying for the opponent. Use 44A BE if they try to step.
So with Viola, should I keep the orb with me at all times and just stay rushing down my opponent?
Good advice Ninja but, Jyakotu don't do 6B+K too much as it gets very repetitive and begins to look spammy, it is good for mixups and confusing your oppennet though. Also when you do 6B+K do ether 6B after it or 1K. That way you can hit them up in the air with 3B and do a combo.

Good advice Ninja but, Jyakotu don't do 6B+K too much as it gets very repetitive and begins to look spammy, it is good for mixups and confusing your oppennet though. Also when you do 6B+K do ether 6B after it or 1K. That way you can hit them up in the air with 3B and do a combo.
Do 6B+K as often as you can get away with. The only reason you want to use it less is because you're playing a good opponent who has started to predict when you're going to do it and is hitting you out of it. But this still means you'll want to use it as much as you can get away with.

Other viable moves to go with 6B+K - 3A, 3K, iFC 2K.

- and 2A.

6B+K 2A 44A BE is a combo, you just have to delay the BE part a bit.
Be careful with the moves that are safer on block.. While this does combo, if they block 2A, they can step to avoid the orb. 6B is your friend. So far as I know, they can't step the orb so you can keep pressure on.

Looking spammy isn't anything you should care about
It's just my personal view and how I fight. I don't like to fight using random moves/random moves consecutively I just like to do combos.

That's just how I like to fight, everyone has a different prefence on the way they fight, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Does anyone think Viola will be in SC6? Or do you think PS will choose Amy? Or have both of them (if they're twin sisters or just separate people in general). I want Amy and Viola, they're both amazing <3

Does anyone think Viola will be in SC6? Or do you think PS will choose Amy? Or have both of them (if they're twin sisters or just separate people in general). I want Amy and Viola, they're both amazing <3
If she is in the next game she will definitely play differently. Her and ZWEI in terms of gameplay are hard to balance properly. I think SCVI will have the old characters and they MIGHT get rid of some of the new characters. Hard to say since people flipped out when they got rid of people.

Back