Viola is Amy?

Bats are associated with Raphael's clothing but butterflies are Amy's motifs. As for 'vampiric features' they're just dressed up as gothic pompous nobles.
One thing to note is that Nightmare's armor also shares a more batlike design in SCV. And yes, if you remove Nighty's mask, you can see Raph's face. It's completely uncovered in SC: Lost Swords too, so you can see it even more clearly
So you saying they are not pure vampires? I guess the malfestation is what affected them two to be what they are now. Raphael does bites the neck of the opponents if they're females( perhaps sucking blood also) and he enjoys it.

Last edited:
i just have a thing to say about the memory loss and retaining skills. having amnesia will not make you forget things you do subconsciously. like talking, using the restroom, knowing which hand you normally use, etc. so that being used as a reason Amy switch dominant hands isn't plausible.

and the vampire thing, to me, is just Team Soul trying to make a bad stereotype/cliche happen. i wouldn't try to add too much logic to it. some malfested people turn violent while raph gets royal treatment and becomes a vampire? i ain't buyin' that.

i just have a thing to say about the memory loss and retaining skills. having amnesia will not make you forget things you do subconsciously. like talking, using the restroom, knowing which hand you normally use, etc. so that being used as a reason Amy switch dominant hands isn't plausible.

and the vampire thing, to me, is just Team Soul trying to make a bad stereotype/cliche happen. i wouldn't try to add too much logic to it. some malfested people turn violent while raph gets royal treatment and becomes a vampire? i ain't buyin' that.
Raphael: Wait just a little longer, Amy... I shall return to you soon.

He been looking for Soul Edge since SCII and III, but his plan have fail and later he heard of Soul Calibur in SCIV; which at that time he been looking for the sword and left Amy at the castle, but she later left to find and help him return home.

How long had he been dreaming? How long had he climbed that endless spiral staircase? Somehow, he knew her room was at the top...

In Soul Calibur III he is nicknamed "Dark Lord". In Soul Calibur IV he is called"Lord Of The Night" and "Creature Of The Night"; which why is that? I mean look how he fights by biting people's neck, especially females.

He awoke with a start to find himself in a dark dungeon cell, thick with grime and the stench of death. He had no memory of how he had gotten there, but that wasn't important—he had to find Amy.

At that time something happen to Raphael and Amy that made them get separated, a battle perhaps with the wrong person like Siegfried. Also he could been control by Nightmare slightly before and during the events of Soul Calibur V by coming across Soul Edge while searching for Amy.

Amy, we're very close... very soon, we shall have our own world.

However, the sword could have processed him and than Nightmare appear to control his body. He comes into conflicted with Voldo in Soul Calibur V, this can be after he's free from Soul Edge and Nightmare, he continue the search for Amy but later after he defeated Voldo, he comes into contact with Viola. However, he might didn't get a good look at her when she's wearing her first or second outfit, perhaps he was too concern of Viola's fortune telling and he got insulted to the point not pay much attention to Viola to fully recognized her.

Last edited:

Malfested was propaganda if you follow the story in SC5. It was just a way for Nightmare to brainwash Patrokolos. Also, vampires always get the women. Twighlight has taught me this. So sign me up for buying it.

So you saying they are not pure vampires? I guess the malfestation is what affected them two to be what they are now. Raphael does bites the neck of the opponents if they're females( perhaps sucking blood also) and he enjoys it.

Enjoyment is the mark of a true vampire, rather than one who is mad they got turned and is crying about it. Raph 100% vampire and 100% badass.

They exhibit traits of vampirism but the true definition of their condition is 'malfestation'. Raph doesn't go up in flames in sunlight for example. He just gets tired and prefer waking up at night. Also, he doesn't enjoy pure blood. He hated biting Elysium or any character connected to SC. This stems from the fact that Soul Edge's taint inside him. So yea, pure definition is malfested, which just leads to weird monsterique traits. Cervy beards for ex, was a undead pirate before. Same roots, different flowers.

darkwings13 said:
Same roots, different flowers.
It seems all chars react differently to malfesation. Tira got very pale in SCV where her skin is more marble/alabaster like. Raph's just very pale. Maxi's skin doesn't seem affected at all, neither does Ivy - wasn't her skin always like that? Cervantes is different, isn't he? He claimed a new body in SCV. Truly, Raph does seem like a vampire due to his nocturnal habits and his outfits.

Also, the team clearly stated than Viola isn't Amy. I agree they seem alike, but do you really think Raph would be fooled to not notice if Vi was his daughter? Maybe they are just sorta... related.

darkwings13 said:
It seems all chars react differently to malfesation. Tira got very pale in SCV where her skin is more marble/alabaster like. Raph's just very pale. Maxi's skin doesn't seem affected at all, neither does Ivy - wasn't her skin always like that? Cervantes is different, isn't he? He claimed a new body in SCV. Truly, Raph does seem like a vampire due to his nocturnal habits and his outfits.

Also, the team clearly stated than Viola isn't Amy. I agree they seem alike, but do you really think Raph would be fooled to not notice if Vi was his daughter? Maybe they are just sorta... related.
According to the artbook for sc, malfestation is different for everyone since their souls are all different. As an assassin, they mentioned Tira values survival so she ended up not aging.
They didn't say about other characters conditions but i harbor that at court, one is always bloodthirsty and they hide their true motives in darkness to rise in power. So Raph ended up being 'vampire-like'.

Anyways, i would like to see where Project Soul stated that Viola isn't Amy, out of curioity lol. ♪(o ̄∇ ̄)/

Still gonna go with the trope of wiping your own memory to protect/achieve something.

So Amy is like shit dog, Raffa is Nightmare. Amy can't get near Rafael cause Patroklos is going around murdering everyone and the Graf Dumbass persona is blinding Rafaels from seeing Amy. So Amy is like I need to do something extreme so she uses a mysterious Orb to bleach away her malfestation and whether her memory loss was imperative to the rescue of Raphael or just a heavy sacrifice is unknown. So she becomes Viola and with Zwei as an accomplice or a manipulated dog, she joins Siegfrieds band of merry men to fight against Nightmare.

Now Nightmare is defeated, Rafael and Viola meet, something tweaks in Rafaels mind, but it is not Amy he sees in front of her and its confirmed by Viola having no interest or feelings to him. Loyalty which had once connected both so strongly is in neither. Rafael knows, she is but a mirage.

Still gonna go with the trope of wiping your own memory to protect/achieve something.

So Amy is like shit dog, Raffa is Nightmare. Amy can't get near Rafael cause Patroklos is going around murdering everyone and the Graf Dumbass persona is blinding Rafaels from seeing Amy. So Amy is like I need to do something extreme so she uses a mysterious Orb to bleach away her malfestation and whether her memory loss was imperative to the rescue of Raphael or just a heavy sacrifice is unknown. So she becomes Viola and with Zwei as an accomplice or a manipulated dog, she joins Siegfrieds band of merry men to fight against Nightmare.

Now Nightmare is defeated, Rafael and Viola meet, something tweaks in Rafaels mind, but it is not Amy he sees in front of her and its confirmed by Viola having no interest or feelings to him. Loyalty which had once connected both so strongly is in neither. Rafael knows, she is but a mirage.
Wow Sett you come up with your own theory, impressive.

Personally in my theory, Raphael had run into Voldo first before coming into contact with Viola ( perhaps at the unknown forest), Voldo must have gotten mad that his "master" Graf Dumas have been defeated but than want to take his anger on Raphael or just want to fight him for unknown reasons. However, after Raphael defeated Voldo he later saw Viola but perhaps didn't get a good look at her (Viola's second outfit covers half her face) and was too distracted from insulted by fortune telling. Also in game-design Viola's claws is on her right hand, but in some of the artwork( I love the artwork dearly) her claws is on her left hand so she can be still ambidextrous.

1) Same voice actress
2) Raph unique quotes with Viola, really out of place unless connected in at least some form
3) similar looks to Amy, like REALLY similar looks
4) Would canonically make sense linking to Amy's vampirism
5) As a Viola main and SC4 Amy prior main, I personally find some of the moves similar in terms of kicks at the least.

There's not been any confirmation by staff that she is Amy or not, because that would just be boring anyways. Better to leave it to mystery but I think she is in all honesty and it seems fairly obvious due to the links.

1) Same voice actress
2) Raph unique quotes with Viola, really out of place unless connected in at least some form
3) similar looks to Amy, like REALLY similar looks
4) Would canonically make sense linking to Amy's vampirism
5) As a Viola main and SC4 Amy prior main, I personally find some of the moves similar in terms of kicks at the least.

There's not been any confirmation by staff that she is Amy or not, because that would just be boring anyways. Better to leave it to mystery but I think she is in all honesty and it seems fairly obvious due to the links.
Only it seems the updated profiles state otherwise.

I'm afraid we can only believe in V=A (as I personally do).

As Odashima stated here, there were at least 2 or 3 storylines MORE planned in scV. By the way, voice-overs were taken for those, but never used.

I'm hypothesizing one of those storylines dealt with Raph's imprisonment by Voldo and Amy's memory loss. Maybe she too was kept for an experiment of a different kind, who knows! Zwei finds her and takes care of her... All that lead to the eventual creation of Nightmare/Dumas. In there, i believe, lies the explanation to Nightmare's scream after beating Raph or Viola (which is something he does for none of the other characters).

A bit off topic, but other storylines must have told about Cerv/Maxi/Natsu/Xiba/Lei/Yoshi relationship, Algol/Edge Master/Kilik/Mitsurugi relationship etc... They did impoverish scV by exclusion of those, but on the other hand, they have material for a future game. *fingers crossed.

These issues between Amy/Viola and Raphael/Nightmare are the type of thing that makes me hate rushed games. I would have waited an entire year if it was necessary for us to get more info on all character as well as not having 3 characters that only repeat movesets. At the very least the gameplay itself was good.

Back