Voldo Q&A / General Discussion

I only use 44K as guard break fuel. It does more gauge damage than any other move in Voldo's arsenal.

I never 44K with the assumption it will hit somebody.

so what do you guys use BS 4B for?

Mixup really, It seemed like it could be a good backstep killer but messing with it in training mode the distance of the move is not much better than BS 2A+B, but the move can go over lows with the little hop it does, also on counter hit you can get the 1k combo or a CE.

so what do you guys use BS 4B for?
Great for stopping run ins, jumping low strings, tracks like a horizontal to one side, strongest post gb combo, and it can kill back step though not reliably. Plus the stun is just so damn juicy, its more than worth it to just throw out there when you have the chance.

BS 4B is one of Voldo's best moves.
Way too much properties not to use it:
- good range
- TJ
- safe
- breaks guard in 8
- good pushback on block
- big damage CH combo
- insane tracking properties : it can only be stepped on one side reliably of Voldo, and will track all the time if opponent use step 6G (of course on block though).

I use it a lot, especially after 4A.

Last edited:
There's a Japanese Voldo player who uses BS 4B pretty much whenever he gets the opportunity. I think some players might be scared off of using it because it takes you out of Blind Side, but that's a good thing for Voldo honestly, and like Maxou said, it's got too many things going for it to disregard it.

It's a great move, I think the secret is people don't realize there's a proper spacing to use it at so that you don't get beat out by shorter, quicker moves.

A lot of players don’t step the second hit of B+K] and face the following A/K/66 mixup.

If you can condition the opponent to not step the mixup (using MCHT A) then B+K] K breaks guard in 4!

I know B+K] is a risky string but it goes unpunished so many times, kinda like how I rarely get punished for using 3A.

Just think a string that takes 25% of guard gauge is pretty cool to throw out every now and then.

A lot of players don’t step the second hit of B+K] and face the following A/K/66 mixup.

If you can condition the opponent to not step the mixup (using MCHT A) then B+K] K breaks guard in 4!

I know B+K] is a risky string but it goes unpunished so many times, kinda like how I rarely get punished for using 3A.

Just think a string that takes 25% of guard gauge is pretty cool to throw out every now and then.
its definitely good to test and see if your opponent knows to sidestep it

has anyone else noticed that on MCFT A 66B BE the second hit of 66B wont combo sometimes?
It never combos. If you're hitting anyone with it it's because they didn't hold block. MCFT A uses the same stun as 666B so it won't work with 666B or 66B BE.

Maxou just dropped me some pretty cool voldo tech.

BS step jg

Lets you do something like 1(K) or bs 4k step JG natsu's a+b

Or pat's 44A

Or pyrrha's 66a

I'm not following. Is this an option select or something? Sounds like you're saying you can JG out of step while in BS.

Back