Voldo Q&A / General Discussion

Some Voldo info :

- The WS AA 2K combo can sometimes be avoided if you don't tech depending on what range WS AA hit.

To prevent that, mix it up with WS AA 3B : it hits grounded, it's tech trap (can be avoided left IIRC) and decent damage. It's also less risky than WS AA 666B.

- 7_8_9K is full antistep. Which isn't that bad.

- Against tech trap JG : 66K BS WS B (which is a thing in France and very annoying).

Depending on which side they tech, use 66K BS 66B / 66K BS CE / 66K BS 2K.
PS : I prefer to use 66K BS CE. For whatever reason, most people tech backward to avoid this tech trap (I guess the left/right tech is harder). If you tech backward 66K BS CE is tech trap. It's also an all side tech trap against a lot of characters.

- Why don't you people use 33_99A more ? It's one of Voldo's best front antistep and has sick range. It also breaks guard.

- CH BS 4B 66B BE is combo. It's not a very good solution since it deals as much damage as the regular BE less combo.
But the stun from CH BS 4B is so great you can actually side step into 33B BE or 99B BE to get a correct RO/W! angle.
Which is very very good.
Don't waste a BE for direct front RO though, BS 4B A+B~3 CR A+B will be the best front RO.

- Speaking of BS 4B, don't use it after GB if you're near the wall edge. It will sometimes whiff depending on hit box. Use BCR B or BS 66B.

Last edited:
So, I just noticed voldo glows red when you land the first fully charged hit of 6(a+b). I hope this means there's some kind of hidden property of the move rather than just a fancy hit spark.

So, I just noticed voldo glows red when you land the first fully charged hit of 6(a+b). I hope this means there's some kind of hidden property of the move rather than just a fancy hit spark.
Didn't the claws use to glow for a moment after doing the move in previous games? I swear I remember this being in SC4, and it didn't do anything except look pretty.

Some random frame data corrections :
CE is i18, not i19 (1K pat can be CE punished)
3A is -17 not -16 (4K Night punishes 3A)
WS K] is +2 hit (easy test with 2A battles).

Some random frame data corrections :
CE is i18, not i19 (1K pat can be CE punished)
3A is -17 not -16 (4K Night punishes 3A)
WS K] is +2 hit (easy test with 2A battles).
Thanks, I'll take your word for it and update the wiki.

Random Voldo knowledge of the day :
66B BE 2K is combo for 61-62dmg > WS A+B after that combo is forceblock except if backtech. If 66B BE brings your opponent near the edge (the range is actually pretty big), then it's 100% forceblock.

Mix it up with 66K (also forceblock except if backtech - PS : it breaks guard) or 666B, 66B or WS K.

Remark : If you're not at the edge and if your opponent backtech, then you can setup FC 3A+B (risky but + on block) or CR A+B/K.

EDIT : I found one occurrence when WS A+B won't be forceblock near the edge after 66B BE 2K. Just as for Yoshi's CE > 66A+B forceblock, you can delay a left roll to avoid WS A+B. You will get hit by 66K though.

Last edited:
Random Voldo knwoledge of the day :

I've been experimenting with BS A+B~2 tech traps (yes that's a thing).

Any kind of combo that can end with BS A+B~G (22B, BS 4K, CH BS WS A, etc...), if you switch BS A+B~2 istead of BS A+B~G, then BS A+B~2 will have tech trap LEFT SIDE 100% against : aPat, Astaroth, Cervantes, Hilde, Maxi, Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Siegfried, Voldo, Yoshimitsu, ZWEI

Against all other characters it is inconsistent but can also happen near the edge of the ring (my guess is, it's range dependent).

This seems pretty much useless except... if you use it for ring out (or wall combo but it's a very small one).

Think about it : there's tons of situations where your oppponent will want to tech left to position himself out of the edge of the ring or wall.
It's a great RO tech trap, it makes your basics combos stronger, and once they don't tech you can continue RO or wall pressure.
It's pretty much a safe one too since you will only risk 2Ks.

PS : on a side note, 1K] BS A+B~2 will tech trap left and right for 75dmg.
PPS : BS A+B~2 can clean hit.

So, it seems if voldo gets hit during a self-wallsplat from a CR grab, he'll take damage from every self wall splat for at least the rest of the round. dunno if it continues though the match or not.

kinda kek-worthy

So, it seems if voldo gets hit during a self-wallsplat from a CR grab, he'll take damage from every self wall splat for at least the rest of the round. dunno if it continues though the match or not.

kinda kek-worthy

I don't understand what you mean.
Do you mean if the damage voldo takes with the 1st wall splat = self wall splat + wall combo, then you will always take that same damage (wall combo damage included) if you self wall splat again ?

Some random Voldo info :

- CH BS 4B = +27f which explains why 99_3B BE is combo afterwards.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean.
Do you mean if the damage voldo takes with the 1st wall splat = self wall splat + wall combo, then you will always take that same damage (wall combo damage included) if you self wall splat again ?

Exactly. Although, voldo doesn't normally do damage to himself when he wallsplats himself, he has to get hit. After getting hit during a wallsplat, he takes damage each time he wallsplats himself. I dont know if its for the whole match or just the round though.

So I was trying to test bs cr a+b RO, and got some weird results

NM was hard to ring out if he was blocking. if he wasn't, he went out fairly easily

Voldo was almost impossible to RO except when he was BT. When he was BT, he flew out of the ring

Pyrrha and astaroth wouldn't go out except at the absolute perfect angle and i think only if they were blocking, but not i'm not sure.

Might be worth looking more into but i'm too tired atm

I tried it a lot before hand but it's pretty much inconsistent. It also works better if the BCR A+B is off axis. I've had better results with 22A+B~BCRA+B.
I wouldn't rely on it for RO tool.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/wtf-wr-b-stun.14228/

Okay, so after watching that video above, I discovered some absolutely fuck-you anti-viola stuff with voldo. Since his 1K gives the same stun as oprah's wr b, the same rule applies as in the video.

Whenever she calls the orb, 1K's stun changes from a ground stun into a +19 standing stun. This works against 6b+k, b+k, b+k BE, 6ab BE, and whatever else she can call the orb with.

This means you can get:

1K, BS 6b6b, 66b BE for 79
1K, BS 66K, a+b~G for 71, clean hits for 80
1K, BS 4K, BS 66K, a+b~G for 78, clean hits for 83
1K, CE for 112

rip viola

Very interesting !

EDIT :

I tested it, it's pretty amazing.

To clarify what DIME said (I had some doubts since the vids showed only the recall situation) :
It works in every situation Viola does something with her orb.
VO Viola OR VS Viola. Which is really, really good.

Depending on situation, the stun gives 17f to 18f advantage.
CE is actually possible but be carefull, it's situation dependent, sometimes you will only get the ground stun CE animation.

Amazing find DIME, great stuff ! If I could like a post twice, I would ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some random Voldo knowledge :

BS Voldo can avoid Pat's 66B 66B+K combo if the 66B+K isn't done instantly. A delayed tech will work 100% of the time if the 66B+K is delayed just a little bit.
I've had some occurrences when I could avoid it even if the 66B+K was done asap but it's very very very inconsistent.

Last edited:
Is it possible that MC A+B can bounce the opponent? I've seen a couple times where Voldo launches the opponent with MC B+K and hits them with [A+B], causing them to relaunch .

I know it sounds weird but I've seen it happen before.

It never happened to me, but it seems completely ACable.
I'd still go for MCHT B / MCHT K mix up after MCHT B+K.

Side note : MCHT 66 MCHT B+K > MCHT B (hit) can be aPat CE punished on wake up.
Thank you Shad for notifying me of the most annoying stuff.

Back