Voldo Q&A / General Discussion

the lows when is crawling are mids, if you play yoshi, take advantage of his lows that combo into door knocker as for asta, do his 22B or his 1aa

the lows when is crawling are mids, if you play yoshi, take advantage of his lows that combo into door knocker as for asta, do his 22B or his 1aa
Every move you speak of save for 22B is an extremely slow reactable low. So why would he use those?

deleted last post because I missed out a few threads on this board

is there a stance flow chart? things like blind stance for example, I know blind stance in super important, but I don't know when to use to right move to enter blind stance and stay in there.

also, what can he do from off the ground? several moves left him on the ground either head facing or foot facing, what moves can you do from there?

and can any one list the cancellables? I know A, B, and K are cancellable by default, are there any other moves that can be guard cancelled?

btw I saw some guy quick stepped and then turn around into blind stance and end up behind the guy to do a blind stance back throw, how is this done? is it just mystery dance? is there a way to go to back facing without doing any move after a side step?

What's the general goal for a Voldo? What general range would he like to stay in? I'm curious about his general tactics.

Every move you speak of save for 22B is an extremely slow reactable low. So why would he use those?

I see this guy is right. Some of Yoshi's lows would just whiff or just hit for low damage anyhow if you were somehow manage to do them when Voldo is in this crawling state. Only possibility I could see would be Dragon Fly K but the chances of that would be unlikely as the Voldo would have frame advantage by the time he moves in like that. I rather just take my chances with 2k.

How do you go from Mantis Stance, A+B, then back to Mantis Stance? Elementary Voldo stuff I know but every time I do it I A+B out of Mantis Stance. Thanks.

You tap G right when Mantis A+B hits/gets blocked, it will cancel back to Mantis. You should play around with it until you get the timing.

Anyone know how many frames the window for the cancel is ? feels almost like a just frame to me.

You must cancel the Mantis A+B move with G. There is a timing, try to mash g for the fist time, it doesn't work always, but it can work.

his strongest range is mid his general tactic id say is mixing up attacks

From this point on, it's best to look at the frame data to see which of his attacks are generally used and forums. Thanks for the help.

If anybody has character specific strats. feel free to let me know. I'll like to hear them.

I think Voldo is a character that need to be mid-range/long-range to be in advantage, then with advantage need to be at close for pressure with mixup.

The main Voldo's cons are punishment and sidestep, so the worst situation is when you must defend at close, because you cannot punish hardly and your answers after guard could be easily sidestepped.
Voldo need space, I think small areas are a little painfull for him (he doesn't have the strong wall/RO game of other long-range characters such Asta/Night/Sieg, but need to be far from his opponment).

While attacking, Voldo need to be close because it has powerful mixup and evasive move to keep the advantage. While I need to guard against someone, I try to backstep after (2A if the other is a button masher or very offensive) or try moves like WR/CR [K] with strong pushback (Voldo cannot really punish a lot of moves so I prefer take the guard advantage to return to my best range).

I think Voldo is a character that need to be mid-range/long-range to be in advantage, then with advantage need to be at close for pressure with mixup.

The main Voldo's cons are punishment and sidestep, so the worst situation is when you must defend at close, because you cannot punish hardly and your answers after guard could be easily sidestepped.
Voldo need space, I think small areas are a little painfull for him (he doesn't have the strong wall/RO game of other long-range characters such Asta/Night/Sieg, but need to be far from his opponment).

While attacking, Voldo need to be close because it has powerful mixup and evasive move to keep the advantage. While I need to guard against someone, I try to backstep after (2A if the other is a button masher or very offensive) or try moves like WR/CR [K] with strong pushback (Voldo cannot really punish a lot of moves so I prefer take the guard advantage to return to my best range).
You dont have to punish if you just trick people.

Why does 4k:B do a faster version of 234B+K?

Did you write this correctly? What move are ya talking about here Aris? I tried these commands and didn't do anything but 4K and CR transition change from Normal facing to BS.

If you one frame shift 4K~B you get a faster version of 236 B+K. It's basically the turn around without the CR animation. I still don't get why it happens. Might be an insight into a bug in the game system.

If you one frame shift 4K~B you get a faster version of 236 B+K. It's basically the turn around without the CR animation. I still don't get why it happens. Might be an insight into a bug in the game system.
4K was a CR move in SC4, so I'm guessing it still thinks part of the startup is CR for a frame or two. I wasn't able to pull off the turnaround, but I did bump the guard once and get a CR throw.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I bet this is what's going on with Raphael. Someone said they were doing Prep A+B without being in prep. Might be starting with a former Prep move and cancelling it into a current one.

edit: Since I don't seem to have the shift timing for this, see if with Raphael you can do a 3A:B and get a Prep A+B out of it.

Long time Jay. I'll get on it.

(edit)

After some testing, I couldn't get the Raph thing but I did do what you mentioned about the throw. Here it is...

4K:B+G does an instant CR B+G. You must release the K before you hit B+G. Seems pretty useful.

More testing could prove this to me pretty useful.

Long time Jay. I'll get on it.

(edit)

After some testing, I couldn't get the Raph thing but I did do what you mentioned about the throw. Here it is...

4K:B+G does an instant CR B+G. You must release the K before you hit B+G. Seems pretty useful.

More testing could prove this to me pretty useful.

Aris, would u mind making a vid of this on ur site? Im havin a hard time understanding whats suppose to happen here, srry im away from the game n will b for awhile so I cant test this myself plus I think it will benefit us other voldo players since this is the first we've heard of this.

This is some wild stuff... and it exposes Namco for some shoddy game design. It almost seems like aspects of these characters' SCIV movelists are still floating around.

Back